Clemson heads to No. 4 Georgia on Tuesday
|Monday, April 15, 2019 3:14 PM-|
The Tigers travel to Athens on Tuesday night to complete the home-and-home season series against No. 4 Georgia. GAME SETUP
• Who – Clemson (25-11) vs. Georgia (29-8)
• Best Ranking – CU – No. 16 Collegiate Baseball; UGA – No. 4 Baseball America
• When – Tuesday (7 p.m.)
• Where – Athens, Ga. (Foley Field)
• Watch – SEC Network
• Video Announcers – Mike Morgan, Todd Walker
• Listen (Radio) – WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) – ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats – ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media – ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record – Georgia leads 125-108-2 (1900-2019)
• Record at Georgia – Georgia leads 70-48 (1900-2018)
• LHP Jacob Hennessy (CU - 3-0, 4.00 ERA) vs. RHP Tim Elliott (UGA - 5-1, 1.30)
• Clemson, who has a 7-5 road record, was swept in three games at Florida State last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.4 runs per game and hitting .260 with a .364 on-base percentage and 59 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 3.77 ERA, .232 opponents’ batting average and 2.54 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .970.
• Georgia is led by sixth-year head coach Scott Stricklin.
• The Bulldogs won one of three games at Tennessee last weekend. They are hitting .273 and have a 2.78 ERA and .981 fielding percentage.
• LT Talley is hitting .358 with five homers and 25 RBIs, while Aaron Schunk is batting .336 with six homers, 27 RBIs and 10 saves.
• Georgia defeated Clemson 5-3 at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on April 2.
• Clemson is holding opponents to 1-for-30 (.033) with six strikeouts against one walk with the bases loaded in 2019.
• Keyshawn Askew, Grayson Byrd, Brooks Crawford, Bryar Hawkins, Bo Majkowski, Davis Sharpe, Kyle Wilkie and Justin Wrobleski are from Georgia.
• Clemson has relied on many freshmen and sophomores to contribute in 2019.
• The weekend rotation features two freshmen (Davis Sharpe, Keyshawn Askew) and a sophomore (Mat Clark).
• Two of the Tigers’ best relievers have been sophomore righthander Holt Jones and sophomore lefthander Sam Weatherly.
• Clemson’s starting lineup of late has had three freshmen (Bryar Hawkins, Davis Sharpe and James Parker) in it.
• Three sophomores have also been in the starting lineup, Sam Hall, Bo Majkowski and Bryce Teodosio.