TigerNet is the oldest and largest Clemson Community online with 149,944 members, 55,374 news articles and 27M forum posts.
|Ht./Wt.:||6-5, 245 lbs|
|Hometown:||Inland Empire, CA|
|High School:||St. John Bosco|
B I O
Inland Empire, California
St. John Bosco High School
Head Coach: Jason Negro
Overview: Listed as the top player in the nation by PrepStar and ranked second according to Rivals.com behind Clemson signee and classmate Bryan Bresee … top quarterback in the nation according to Rivals.com and PrepStar … named a USA Today All-American after leading his team to No. 1 ranking by MaxPreps and USA Today after guiding them to a 7A state championship in California … will play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 4, 2020 in San Antonio, Texas … National Offensive Player of the Year and first-team All-American by USA Today in 2018 as a junior … threw for 10,496 yards in his high school career and had 127 career touchdowns against just 11 interceptions … completed 585-of-871 passes for a 66 percent completion mark … averaged 18 yards per completion … also rushed for 1,103 yards and 18 touchdowns in his career, a 6.1 yard-per-carry average.
Rankings: Ranked as the No. 1 overall player in the nation, the best quarterback and best player in California by PrepStar … ranked as the No. 2 overall player in the nation by Rivals.com, which also called him the top quarterback and top player in California … 247Sports ranked him the No. 2 overall player in the nation, the top pro-style quarterback and top player from California.
In High School: Played for Jason Negro at St. John Bosco High in Bellflower, Calif. … led his team to a 13-1 record and state championship in 2019 … won state championship on Dec. 14, as he was 24-of-29 for 410 yards and four touchdowns while also gaining 67 rushing yards on just five carries with another touchdown on the ground … led team to thrilling semifinal victory over Mater Dei, which had beaten St. John Bosco in the regular season and entered the game ranked No. 1 in the nation by USA Today and MaxPreps … led St. John Bosco to victory out of a 28-5 deficit in that game, completing 26-38 for 446 yards and five touchdowns … completed 222-of-344 passes for 4,225 yards and 48 touchdowns against just two interceptions in 2019, averaging 19 yards per completion and 12.3 yards per attempt … added 412 yards rushing and eight touchdowns … as a junior in 2018, led team to a 13-1 record with only loss coming to Mater Dei in state playoffs … had exceptional game against Miliani, completing 25-of-31 passes for 380 yards and six touchdowns … completed 13-of-15 for 361 yards and six scores against Oaks Christian … completed 179-of-257 passes for 3,366 yards and 48 touchdowns against just seven interceptions on the year and added 50 carries for 312 yards and six rushing touchdowns … as a sophomore in 2017, completed 184-of-270 for 2,905 yards and 31 touchdowns against just two interceptions … posted 67 rushes for 379 yards and four touchdowns as a sophomore … helped team to 10-2 record that year … helped lead team to 40-38 victory against Santa Margarita by throwing for 405 yards and two scores and followed that performance with 320 yards and four touchdown passes against Servite … completed 20-of-21 passes and two scores against Mater Dei in state playoff game.
Personal: Committed to Clemson on May 5, 2019 … wore No. 5 in high school … recruited to Clemson by Brandon Streeter … expected to enroll at Clemson in January 2020 … name pronounced ooh-ee-UNGUH-luh-lay.
*Courtesy Clemson Media Guide
Latest DJ Uiagalelei News
- I like how Dabo develops but the 2/3’s need work.. -
- The 2nd and 3rd team D units looked very good yesterday -
- Who is the bigger whiner? Dave Doeren or LeBron James? -
- TNET: Clemson DB target set to announce commitment soon -
- TNET: Clemson ranked No. 1 in updated AP Poll -
- I know it’s early but... -
- Did you use the rest rooms @ DV and if so, how was the spacing? -
- Heard complaints about fake crowd noise, not enough students, too few pts scored.. -
- TNET: Clemson drops two spots in ESPN FPI rankings -
- TNET: WATCH: Frank Ladson sets career highs vs. The Citadel -
- Lost ball for Harris English on his 1st tee shot... He got COVID-ed -
- The fake crowd noise on this Bucs/Panthers game is utterly annoying. -
- I didnt notice yesterday -
- See where Deshaun and Lamer are going at it again today. -
- I'll take yesterday's weather in The Valley for the rest of -
- Click the link below to read more!