Tigers play at Coastal Carolina Tuesday
|Monday, May 13, 2019, 9:21 PM-|
The Tigers stay on the road to play at Coastal Carolina on Tuesday night.
• Who – Clemson (30-22) vs. Coastal Carolina (28-21-1)
• Best Ranking – CU – NR; CCU – NR
• When – Tuesday (6 p.m.)
• Where – Conway, S.C. (Springs Brooks Stadium)
• Listen (Radio) – WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) – ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats – ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media – ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 46-10 (1986-19)
• Record at Coastal Carolina – Clemson leads 10-4 (1986-18)
• RHP Jackson Lindley (CU - 2-0, 3.20 ERA) vs. LHP Garrett McDaniels (CCU - 0-2, 8.06)
• Clemson, who has a 9-11 road record this season, won one game of a three-game series at No. 16 NC State last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.5 runs per game and hitting .266 with a .364 on-base percentage, .442 slugging percentage and 87 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.29 ERA, .244 opponents’ batting average and 2.33 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .971.
COASTAL CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• Coastal Carolina is led by 24th-year Head Coach Gary Gilmore.
• The Chanticleers split two games at Texas-Arlington last weekend. They are hitting .299 and have a 5.16 ERA and .964 fielding percentage.
• Jake Wright is hitting .345, Kieton Rivers is batting .333 and Parker Chavers (11) and Zach Biermann (10) both have double-digit home runs.
• Clemson scored six runs in the first inning en route to an 8-5 win over No. 11 Coastal Carolina at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on March 13, 2019.
• Clemson has outscored the opposition cumulatively in 2019 in each of the first nine innings except the seventh inning.
• Sixteen different Tigers have started at least eight games in the batting order in 2019.
GREEN BACK STRONG AFTER INJURY
• Sophomore outfielder Michael Green missed almost two months due to injury, but he has returned to start in the outfield again.
• He is hitting .258 with four doubles, two homers, eight RBIs, 17 runs, a .372 on-base percentage and three steals in 20 games (19 starts).
• Since returning, he is 8-for-21 (.381) with three doubles, a homer, four RBIs, nine runs and a .480 on-base percentage in six games.
• He has hit safely in each of the six games he has played since returning from injury.