TigerNet is the oldest and largest Clemson Community online with 152,606 members, 58,200 news articles and 29M forum posts.
|Ht./Wt.:||6'8", 215 lbs|
|High School:||Piedmont HS|
|Years:||2018 - 2020|
B I O
- Matched career-best, appearing in 31 games, making three starts (including first career start).
- Averaged a career-high 5.5 points per game, scoring 170 points. Also averaged 3.0 rebounds, 0.4 assists and 0.5 steals per game.
- Scored in double-figures on seven occasions, including two 20-point games.
- Improved shooting percentage by nearly 20.0 percent (44.5 percent).
- Improved 3-point shooting percentage bu nearly nine percent (32.1 percent).
- Upped free throw shooting to 70.7 percent.
- More than doubled his rebounding per game with 3.0 rebounds per contest and a career-high 92 rebounds, including a career-best 20 offensive boards.
- Tallied a career-high 17 steals.
Best Games, 2019-20
- Scored a then-career-high 20 points in a win over Detroit Mercy (Nov. 17), finishing 7-for-13 from the field and 5-for-10 from 3-point range. The seven field goals and five 3-pointers were both career-highs.
- Followed up a career-best with 10 points in a win over Alabama A&M (Nov. 21) on 4-for-8 shooting from the floor. Added a career-high nine rebounds and notched a career-high 26 minutes.
- Finished 3-for-6 from the floor, a perfect 4-for-4 at the free throw line and added 12 points in a loss at Minnesota (Dec. 2).
- Tallied eight rebounds in a dominant win over Jacksonville (Dec. 20).
- Scored 11 points in 24 minutes against Yale (Dec. 22).
- Earned second career start against Wake Forest (Jan. 21) and scored a career-high 21 points on a career-best nine made field goals (9-13). Added five rebounds and finished 2-for-5 from 3-point range.
- Posted back-to-back double-digit scoring games in consecutive road games, including 11 points on a perfect 4-for-4 in a historical Clemson team shooting performance in a victory at Boston College (Feb. 22). Scored 10 points in a road loss at Georgia Tech (Feb. 25).
- Tallied eight points on 3-for-5 shooting and 2-for-4 from three in the Tigers’ ACC Tournament victory over Miami (March 11).
- Appeared in 31 games, all off the bench for the Tigers
- Averaged 8.3 minutes per game and played a career-high 21 minutes against Creighton in the Cayman Islands Classic
- Averaged 1.6 points per game and 1.0 rebounds per contest
- Posted 12 assists, eight blocks and two steals.
- Made 16 field goals and connected on 11 3-pointers.
BEST GAMES, 2018-19
- Made collegiate debut in the season opener against The Citadel (Nov. 6), playing 12 minutes and scoring four points and grabbing four rebounds. Also posted a season-high three assists and made a season-high four free throws in that game against the Bulldogs
- Scored a then-season-high six points on two triples against NC Central (Nov. 9)
- Played a season-high 21 minutes against Creighton in the Cayman Islands Classic (Nov. 21)
- Played 19 minutes and scored five points against Charleston Southern (Dec. 18)
- Tied season-best with two made field goals against Duke in Clemson’s ACC opener (Jan. 5)
- Played double-digit minutes in 12 contests this season
- Scored five points and tied season-high with two made field goals against Virginia Tech (Feb. 9)
- Played 16 minutes and scored a season-high nine points on the road at Pitt (Feb. 27), shooting 3-for-6 from the field and 3-for-5 from distance. Knocked down a season-best three 3-pointers against the Panthers and grabbed four boards … connected on a 3-pointer off the bench against North Carolina (March 2)
- Knocked down at least one 3-pointer in eight games this season.
- Came to Clemson as the No. 8 ranked forward in the state of North Carolina by Phenom Hoops and ESPN
- Ranked 34th nationally at his position according to ESPN
- Averaged 27.1 points, 9.1 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.5 steals and 0.8 blocks per game as a senior at Piedmont High School
- Scored 704 points as a senior and shot 46.0 percent from the field
- Chose Clemson over Michigan, Davidson, Tennessee and Wake Forest.
- Born June 13, 2000 (turns 21 prior to 2020-21 season).
- Majoring in Sports Communications.
High School Accolades
- Ranked No. 8 in the state of North Carolina and No. 34 in the country at his position, according to ESPN
- Ranked No. 25 All-Time in NCHSAA Boys Basketball – 2,131 points
- All-Time leading scorer in Union County Boys Basketball history
- All-Time leading scorer in Piedmont High School history (boys or girls)
- No. 4 ranked rebounder in Union County history (792)
- Southern Carolina Conference Player of the Year (2017-18)
- Enquirer Journal Union County Player of the Year (2017-18)
- Union County Hoops.com Player of the Year (2017-18)
- All-Charlotte Observer First Team (2017-18)
- All-Region First Team (2017-18)
- Associated Press All-State (2017-18)
- Led Union County in points per game and rebounds per game as a senior (2017-18)
- Chosen to play in Carolina’s Classic – NC/SC All-Star Game
- Chosen to play in the East-West All-Star Game
- Enquirer Journal All-Union County Team (2016-17)
- Southern Carolina Conference Co-Player of the Year (2016-17)
- All-Charlotte Observer First Team (2016-17)
- All-Southern Carolina Conference (2016-17)
- NCBCA All-State (2016-17)
- All-Region Second Team (2016-17)
- Led Union County in points per game and rebounds per game (2016-17)
- Scored career-high 44 points in 73-70 loss to Freedom in second round of NCHSAA 3A Playoffs
- Enquirer Journal All-Union County Team (2015-16)
- All-Southern Carolina Conference (2015-16)
- All-Union County Hoops.com Team (2015-16)
- Enquirer Journal Freshman of the Year (2014-15)
- Enquirer Journal All-Union County team (2014-15)
*Courtesy Clemson Media Guide
Latest Hunter Tyson News
4 months ago by Tony Crumpton
WATCH: Hunter Tyson 2020-2021 regular season highlights
Tigers, Hemenway smack Demon Deacons after 12-day layoff
6 months ago by TigerNet Staff
Clemson looks to build on streak hosting Georgia Tech
8 months ago by Press Release
Clemson stays undefeated with blowout win over SC State
8 months ago by Tony Crumpton
WATCH: Highlights of Clemson's 75-38 win over SC State
- TNET: ESPN analyst predicts Georgia to beat Clemson -
- TNET: Pigskin Prophet: Georgia last won a title WHEN edition -
- Anyone get their Georgia Tickets in their IPTAY Account? -
- Hill Watch...31 days!!! -
- Regardless of conference, isn’t it cool that no Clemson fan -
- Refreshing! : to see to winners in women's Olympic track -
- TNET: Talented Sunshine State pitcher commits to Clemson -
- Am I missing something? -
- Brody Koerner made his MLB debut today -
- I know it is the wrong board, but if any of you Bama boys -
- Not elevator muzak... -
- TNET: Clemson lineman announces recent surgery for injury -
- Syracuse Football -
- Travis Shaw crystal ball -
- Dressed up the mailbox for football season -
- Click the link below to read more!