Clemson set to host two midweek games
|Monday, April 8, 2019 4:01 PM-|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers complete their six-game homestand with midweek games against Charleston Southern (Tuesday) and Furman (Wednesday).
• Who - Charleston Southern (12-24) & Furman (11-20) vs. Clemson (24-8)
• Best Ranking - CSU - NR; FUR - NR; CU - No. 13 Collegiate Baseball
• When - Tuesday (6 p.m.), Wednesday (6 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers - Jose Alvarez (Tuesday), Fred Cunningham (Wednesday), Ron Smith (Wednesday), Pete Yanity (Tuesday)
• Listen (Radio) - WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Fans can purchase a ticket for only $2.
SERIES HISTORY (CHARLESTON SOUTHERN)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 20-1 (1976-18)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 17-1 (1976-18)
SERIES HISTORY (FURMAN)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 153-57-4 (1896-2019)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 82-26-1 (1896-2018)
• Tuesday - RHP Logan Adams (CSU - 0-1, 11.02 ERA) vs. LHP Jacob Hennessy (CU - 2-0, 6.17)
• Wednesday - TBA (FUR) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson won two of three home games against No. 8 Louisville last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.9 runs per game and hitting .269 with a .374 on-base percentage and 53 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.33 ERA, .231 opponents’ batting average and 2.89 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .968.
CHARLESTON SOUTHERN OVERVIEW
• Charleston Southern is led by third-year head coach Adam Ward, who lettered as a catcher at Clemson from 2007-09.
• The Buccaneers won one of three games at Longwood last weekend. They are hitting .248 and have a 4.97 ERA and .952 fielding percentage.
• Payton Holdsworth is hitting .350, Max Ryerson is batting .323 with five homers and 23 RBIs and Kyle Horton is hitting .300 with 12 steals.
• Furman is led by third-year head coach Brett Harker.
• The Paladins won one of three games at UNC Greensboro last weekend. They are hitting .262 and have a 5.90 ERA and .964 fielding percentage.
• Jabari Richards is hitting .413 with five homers and 18 RBIs, while John Michael Boswell is batting .339 with five homers and 28 RBIs.
• Clemson defeated Furman 3-1 at Fluor Field on March 5.
• The Tigers have answered each of their last 14 losses with a win in their next game dating to back-to-back losses on April 13,14, 2018.
WEATHERLY STRIKING OUT OF BULLPEN
• Sophomore Sam Weatherly has emerged as one of the team's top lefthanders out of the bullpen in 2019.
• He is 2-0 with a 2.63 ERA, .200 opponents' batting average and 24 strikeouts in 13.2 innings pitched over nine relief appearances.
• He has allowed just one extra-base hit (double).
• In his career, he is 2-0 with a 5.03 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 34.0 innings pitched over 17 appearances (five starts).
• He has allowed just 33 hits in his career, good for a .273 opponents' batting average, and five extra-base hits, including only one homer.