Tigers set for midweek game in Charlotte
|Monday, March 25, 2019, 3:47 PM-|
The Tigers take on the Charlotte 49ers when they play their first game at BB&T Ballpark in Charlotte on Tuesday night.
• Who – Clemson (18-6) vs. Charlotte (11-12)
• Best Ranking – CU – No. 15 Collegiate Baseball; CHA – NR
• When – Tuesday (7 p.m.)
• Where – Charlotte, N.C. (BB&T Ballpark)
• Listen (Radio) – WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) – ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats – ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media – ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 12-3 (1985-19)
• Record at Charlotte – Clemson leads 3-1 (1985-10)
• RHP Brooks Crawford (CU - 1-1, 4.86 ERA) vs. RHP Ryan Czanstkowski (CHA - 1-1, 3.24)
• Clemson won two of three games at Boston College last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.8 runs per game and hitting .269 with a .377 on-base percentage and 40 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.27 ERA, .232 opponents’ batting average and 3.14 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .969.
• Charlotte is led by 27th-year head coach Loren Hibbs.
• The 49ers won one of three home games against Marshall last weekend. They are hitting .277 and have a 4.65 ERA and .973 fielding percentage.
• Harris Yett is hitting .395 with 13 doubles, a triple, four homers and 21 RBIs, while Colby Bruce and Chase Gooding both have three saves.
• Clemson edged Charlotte 7-6 at home on Feb. 18 behind four home runs and five stolen bases.
• The Tigers have answered each of their last 12 losses dating to 2018 with a win in their next game.
MAJKOWSKI KNOWS GETTING ON BASE
• Sophomore outfielder has burst onto the scene to not only become an everyday starter in the outfield, but one of the team’s hottest hitters.
• He is hitting .344 with three doubles, one triple, five RBIs, eight runs and a steal in 19 games (nine starts).
• He has a .523 on-base percentage thanks to five walks and seven hit-by-pitches in just 32 at-bats.
• In ACC regular-season games, he is hitting .563 with three doubles, a triple, four RBIs, five runs, a .731 on-base percentage and a steal.
• He is hitting .400 with a .583 on-base percentage in his nine starts.
• In his career, he is hitting .333 with three doubles, a triple, five RBIs, a .511 on-base percentage and a steal in 21 games (nine starts).