Clemson set to host Furman
|Monday, February 17, 2020, 6:36 PM-|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers play their first midweek game of the season with Furman Wednesday.
• Who - Furman (2-1) vs. Clemson (3-0)
• Best Ranking - FUR - NR; CU - NR
• When - Wednesday (4 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers - Graham Doty (Wednesday), Richie Shaffer (Wednesday)
• Listen (Radio) - WCCP (105.5 FM, 97.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Fans can purchase a ticket for only $2.
SERIES HISTORY (FURMAN)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 154-57-4 (1896-2019)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 83-26-1 (1896-2019)
• Wednesday - TBA (FUR) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson, who has a 3-0 home record, swept Liberty by a combined score of 12-5 last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 4.0 runs per game and hitting .304 with a .398 on-base percentage, .402 slugging percentage and three steals.
• The pitching staff has a 1.33 ERA, .156 opponents’ batting average and 2.06 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .950.
• Furman, who plays USC Upstate on Tuesday, is led by fourth-year Head Coach Brett Harker.
• The Paladins beat La Salle twice in three home games last weekend. They are hitting .209 and have a 3.67 ERA and .948 fielding percentage.
• Jake Crawford is 3-for-5, Jordan Starkes is 4-for-12 and Trent Alley is 3-for-10, while Rob Hughes has the team's lone save.
• Clemson held Liberty to 2-for-28 (.071) with runners in scoring position in the three-game series.
• Clemson has defeated Furman 21 games in a row since the Paladins' last win at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on March 3, 2009.
SPIERS CLOSING THE DOOR AGAIN
• Senior right-hander moved into the closer role in 2019 and is in the same role in 2020.
• He is one of only two seniors on the 2020 team, joining righthander Sheldon Reed.
• He is 0-0 with one save, an 0.00 ERA, a .125 opponents' batting average and five strikeouts against no walks in 4.0 innings pitched.
• He has made two relief appearances, tied for most on the team.
• In his career, he is 4-7 with 16 saves, a 2.76 ERA and 91 strikeouts against 35 walks in 98.0 innings pitched over 64 relief appearances.
• His 16 career saves are tied for fifth-most in Tiger history.
• He has allowed just 67 hits in his career, good for a .189 opponents' batting average.
• He has allowed just 14 of his 76 inherited baserunners to score in his career.