Clemson's Pro Day News and Notes with live stream
|2016-03-10 09:46:44.0- -||
Clemson's Pro Day will be broadcast on ESPN3 beginning at 10 am with the following link. Watch it here
Watch it here
- Players that will workout include Joe Gore, Eric Mac Lain, Shaq Lawson, Kevin Dodd, B.J. Goodson, Zac Brooks, Rod Byars, D.J. Reader, Jayron Kearse, Mackensie Alexander, Travis Blanks, T.J. Green, Daniel Rodriguez, Kalon Davis, Jim Brown, C.J. Davidson, David Olson and others.
- Defensive back Mackensie Alexander had an impressive vertical jump of 37.5 inches, ran an unofficial 4.40 40-yard dash time, ten-foot broad jump, and 3-cone time of 7.17. He has also been seen chatting it up with Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin. According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, Alexander had a one-on-one meeting with the New York Jets and the Pittsburgh Steelers last night. He also reports that Alexander had a Wednesday night dinner with head coach Sean Payton and assistant general manager Jeff Ireland of the New Orleans Saints.
Mackensie Alexander goes 37 1/2 with the hoodie pic.twitter.com/WhfZlKKWPE— TigerNet.com (@ClemsonTigerNet) March 10, 2016
- Running back Zac Brooks ran an unofficial 4.32 40-yard time, did 18 reps of 225 pounds at the bench press, 36-inch vertical jump, 10'9" broad jump, 11.32 time in the pro agility drill, 5-10-5 drill time of 4.38 and a 3-cone drill time of 7.11.
- Wide receiver Charone Peake reportedly ran an unofficial time of 4.36 and 4.38.
- Running back C.J. Davidson had an unofficial 4.45 40-yard dash time but did not run a second time. He also did 19 reps of 225 pounds at the bench press, 37.5-inch vertical jump, 10'6" broad jump, 11.93 pro agility drill, 5-10-5 drill of 4.60 and a 3-cone drill of 7.23.
- Offensive lineman Eric Mac Lain ran an unofficial 5.67 40-yard times on both 40-yard attempts. He also did 22 reps of 225 pounds at the bench press, 22.5-inch vertical jump, 5-10-5 drill time at 5.85 and 8.25 3-cone drill time.
- Safety Travis Blanks ran an unofficial 4.90 40-yard time but just had surgery in February. He also did 14 reps of 225 pounds at the bench press, 26-inch vertical jump, 8'7" broad jump, 12.53 time in the pro agility jump and a 3-cone drill time of 7.70.
- Defensive end Kevin Dodd did 22 reps of 225 pounds at the bench press, 30.5-inch vertical jump, broad jump of 9'2", 5-10-5 drill time of 4.44 and a 3-cone drill of 7.32. He said that he has a visit planned with the Carolina Panthers next Wednesday.
- Offensive lineman Joe Gore did 28 reps of 225 pounds at the bench press, 4.87 40-yard dash time, 27.5-inch vertical jump, 9'1" broad jump, 5-10-5 time of 4.65 and a 3-cone drill time of 7.59.
- Offensive lineman Roderick Byars did 22 reps of 225 pounds at the bench press, ran a 5.12 40-yard dash, 24.5-inch vertical jump, 8'9" broad jump, 4.73 time in the 5-10-5 drill and a 7.77 time in the 3 Cone drill.
- Longsnapper Jim Brown ran a 5.20 40-yard dash, 8'2" broad jump, 12.86 in the pro agility drill, 4.75 in the 5-10-5 drill and a 7.70 time in the 3-cone drill.
- Defensive end Shaq Lawson said that he has already met with 22 NFL teams today and will fly out this week to do a ESPN Sports Science episode.
- NFL head coaches Rex Ryan, Marvin Lewis, Chuck Pagano and Mike Tomlin have been spotted, and all 32 NFL teams are represented here today.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin with Dan Brooks pic.twitter.com/8rh86IJE5g— TigerNet.com (@ClemsonTigerNet) March 10, 2016
Marvin Lewis of the Bengals talks to Dabo Swinney pic.twitter.com/UCgihGpu92— TigerNet.com (@ClemsonTigerNet) March 10, 2016
- NFL players and former Clemson players in attendance include DeShawn Williams, Corey Crawford, Adam Humphries, Stephone Anthony, Malliciah Goodman, Tony Steward, Vic Beasley and others. CFL's Tajh Boyd is also here to support his former teammates.
Rex Ryan and brother Rob Ryan showed up in Clemson gear this morning. "I think it's the best program in the country," Rex said in a morning interview with ESPN. His brother Rob is wearing a Clemson 'BYOG' hat.
Players getting last minute instructions pic.twitter.com/0HV51lfudF— TigerNet.com (@ClemsonTigerNet) March 10, 2016
Charone Peake runs the 40 pic.twitter.com/LbdzZvnHSa— TigerNet.com (@ClemsonTigerNet) March 10, 2016
Big DJ Reader rumbles to the line pic.twitter.com/m6zlfrcX9t— TigerNet.com (@ClemsonTigerNet) March 10, 2016
Mackensie Alexander runs his second 40 pic.twitter.com/FCQx2F901F— TigerNet.com (@ClemsonTigerNet) March 10, 2016
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||