No. 12 Tigers host Notre Dame for weekend series
|Thursday, March 14, 2019, 3:33 PM-|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers host Notre Dame in a weekend series at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
• Who - Notre Dame (6-9, 2-1 ACC) vs. Clemson (13-3, 3-0 ACC)
• Best Rankings - UND - NR; CU - No. 12 Collegiate Baseball
• When - Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (3 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers - Jose Alvarez (Friday, Saturday), Don Munson (Sunday), William Qualkinbush (Sunday), Pete Yanity (Friday, Saturday)
• Listen (Radio) - WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Friday) - Giveaway - Trading cards set (2/5) for the first 1,000 fans
• Promotion (Saturday) - Giveaway - Mini bat for the first 1,000 fans
• Promotion (Sunday) - Game Highlight - Kids run the bases
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 11-6 (1994-18)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 4-3 (1994-17)
• Friday - LHP Tommy Sheehan (UND - 2-1, 3.86 ERA) vs. RHP Davis Sharpe (CU - 2-0, 2.18)
• Saturday - LHP Cameron Brown (UND - 0-1, 5.95) vs. LHP Mat Clark (CU - 3-0, 2.40)
• Sunday - RHP Cameron Junker (UND - 1-2, 4.82) vs. LHP Keyshawn Askew (CU - 2-0, 3.44)
• Clemson, who has won five games in a row, defeated No. 11 Coastal Carolina 8-5 at home on Wednesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.4 runs per game and hitting .279 with a .386 on-base percentage and 30 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.84 ERA, .224 opponents’ batting average and 3.22 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .975.
NOTRE DAME OVERVIEW
• Notre Dame is led by ninth-year head coach Mik Aoki.
• The Fighting Irish fell at Western Carolina 16-9 on Wednesday. They are hitting .255 and have a 6.44 ERA and .961 fielding percentage.
• Eric Gilgenbach is hitting .271 with five homers and 19 RBIs, while Cole Kmet has 27 strikeouts and two of the team's three saves.
• Clemson is 42-for-112 (.375) with 30 runs in the last three games, two against No. 3 North Carolina and one against No. 11 Coastal Carolina.
• In each of Clemson's last eight games, the team that scored first lost.
BYRD PROVIDING SENIOR LEADERSHIP
• Senior infielder Grayson Byrd has been a steadying influence as a team leader and due to his ability to play both first base and third base.
• He has started nine games at third base and seven games at first base.
• He is hitting .333 with two homers, four doubles, 14 RBIs, 13 runs, a .420 on-base percentage and two steals in 16 games in 2019.
• In the last three games, he is 8-for-13 (.615) with two doubles, five RBIs, four runs and a steal.
• In his three seasons as a Tiger, he is hitting .276 with 12 homers, 60 RBIs, 58 runs and eight steals in 121 games (109 starts).
• He is the son of former MLB pitcher Paul Byrd.