Quick notes from Chad Morris on Monday
*Jordan Leggett was running and cutting pretty good at practice.
*Morris says plan right now is to redshirt Tyshon DyeTyshon Dye
Fr. Running Back
#23 6-1, 205
View Full Profile and Wayne GallmanWayne Gallman
Fr. Running Back
#9 6-1, 195
View Full Profile.
*Morris would not rule out Gallman for Saturday but it would take significant injury for him to play.
*Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS Fr. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile played in the scrimmage on Friday night in limited action. Kelly and Sam CooperSam Cooper
RS Jr. Tight End
#86 6-5, 250
View Full Profile have worked as hard as anybody Morris has even seen to come back from an ACL injury.
* Morris said that they are fortunate to have QB Cole Stoudt as a backup. There are not many teams can say they have a backup QB 3 years in the system. He would "give us a great oportunity to win."
* Morris said that QB Nick Schuessler has had a good camp and will be ready to go if needed.
* Morris says UGA defense has a "lot of guys" that you have to pay attention to with a lot of great athletes.
* Morris said that WR Germone Hopper had a "hohum" spring practice...consistency wasn't there in spring. Hopper worked hard in summer. He came out in fall camp and earned our trust. They were not planning on him in the rotation after spring practice.
* Morris said that WR Mike Williams continues to impress us. He will get playing time at some point this season.
* Freshman WR T.J. Green was slowed by injury early in camp and had a good finish to camp. Morris said that he will be a good player for us.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||