Clemson Basketball Preview vs. GT
Blossomgame will try for the home victory on Wednesday
CLEMSON (12-8, 2-6) vs. GEORGIA TECH (13-8, 5-4)
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 1
Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTSN / Sirius 131 / XM 201 (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Cory Alexander-color)
• Clemson snapped a losing skid with a 67-60 win at Pittsburgh; it was the Tigers' second straight at Petersen Events Center and third in a row in the series with the Panthers.
• The Tigers have won 11 consecutive games at home in the series with Georgia Tech; it is Clemson's longest winning streak in history over another ACC team at home.
• Clemson is in search of its first home ACC win; the Tigers have lost three games by a combined eight points, including one in overtime.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 68-63
Streak: Georgia Tech has won the last three meetings
• Head coach Brad Brownell tied Oliver Purnell for second among Clemson coaches with his 54th win over an ACC team at Pittsburgh. He also secured his 17th ACC road win with the Tigers, a school coaching record.
• Jaron Blossomgame became the 11th player with at least 1,500 points in a career following a 25-point effort at Pittsburgh. It was his sixth 20+ point output in Clemson's last seven games.
• Blossomgame now has 28 career games with at least 20 points, tied for seventh-most in Clemson history with Horace Grant and Terrell McIntyre.
• Blossomgame is third in ACC games in field goal percentage (.587) and fourth in scoring (19.6 points per game).
• Shelton Mitchell has 16 assists against only two turnovers over the past two games. Mitchell produced 12 points and six assists in the win over Pitt.
• Mitchell's 2.4 assist-turnover ratio in ACC play is third-best in the league.
• Donte Grantham is averaging a career-best 5.3 rebounds per game, and has averaged nine per game in Clemson's two ACC road wins.