Quick practice notes from Tuesday
* Offensive coordinator Chad Morris Zac BrooksZac Brooks
So. Running Back
#24 6-1, 185
View Full Profile is "having as good as camp as anybody." Morris said that Brooks is bigger than Roderick McDowellRoderick McDowell
Gr. Running Back
#25 5-9, 195
View Full Profile and is moving the chains.
* Morris also said that Brooks is pushing McDowell for playing time.
* Morris said that from top to bottom the wide receiver corp is stronger this year than last at this time in camp.
* Linebacker Tony StewardTony Steward
#7 6-0, 235
View Full Profile said this year is the healthiest he has been since junior year of high school. He feels like his foot quickness is coming back now.
* Quarterback Tajh Boyd said backup QB Cole Stoudt has been outstanding and has no doubt if he went down that "Cole [Stoudt] would lead us to victory".
* Boyd said that freshman receiver Mike Williams has been playing extremely well and is now starting to understand the offense and why they run certain plays.
* Boyd said one thing that offense learned from scrimmage is there is still some improvement needed on goalline and short yardage situations.
* Morris said that true freshman Jordan Leggett and redshirt freshman Jay Jay McCullough have done some good things at tight end but have hit a wall. Morris said he is continuing to stress them and press them. "They don't care for us [coaching staff] right now and that is good," said Morris. "Because I don't care sometimes for the way they play."
* Morris said there has been a lot of moving around on the offensive line and by Saturday they want to settled in on their offensive line.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||