Clemson to host Charlotte, Tennessee Tech
|Sunday, February 17, 2019 7:25 PM-|
The Tigers host Charlotte and Tennessee Tech in their first midweek games of the season.
• Who – Charlotte (3-0) & Tennessee Tech (3-0) vs. Clemson (2-1)
• When – Monday (4 p.m.), Wednesday (4 p.m.)
• Where – Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch – ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers – Jose Alvarez, Fred Cunningham
• Listen (Radio) – WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) – ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats – ClemsonTigers.com
• Promotion – Fans can purchase a ticket for only $2.
SERIES HISTORY (CHARLOTTE)
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 11-3 (1985-10)
• Record at Clemson – Clemson leads 8-2 (1985-09)
SERIES HISTORY (TENNESSEE TECH)
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 5-0 (2003-12)
• Record at Clemson – Clemson leads 5-0 (2003-12)
• Monday – RHP Bryce McGowan (CHA) vs. LHP Keyshawn Askew (CU)
• Wednesday – TBA (TTU) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson won two of three games in its season-opening home series against South Alabama last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.3 runs per game and hitting .207 with a .388 on-base percentage and seven steals.
• The pitching staff has a 2.67 ERA, .188 opponents’ batting average and 7.40 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding 1.000.
• Charlotte is led by 27th-year head coach Loren Hibbs.
• The 49ers swept Delaware in three home games last weekend. They are hitting .220 and have a 2.33 ERA and .991 fielding percentage.
• Rafi Vazquez is 5-for-10 with a homer, while righthander Chase Gooding has two of the team’s three saves.
TENNESSEE TECH OVERVIEW
• Tennessee Tech is led by first-year head coach Justin Holmes.
• The Golden Eagles swept Western Illinois at home last weekend. They are hitting .247 and have a 2.33 ERA and .964 fielding percentage.
• Anthony Carrera is 4-for-11 with a homer, while righties Jacob Cole and Tyler Sylvester both have one save.
• Clemson hit two home runs in each of the three games of the South Alabama series.
• Tiger pitchers combined for 37 strikeouts against only five walks in 27.0 innings pitched in the opening series.
SHARPE SHINING AS FRESHMAN
• Freshman utility player Davis Sharpe has made an immediate impact, both on the mound and at the plate.
• He is 1-0 with an 0.00 ERA, .118 opponents’ batting average and eight strikeouts against two walks in 5.0 innings pitched over one start.
• He is hitting .500 with two homers, three RBIs and two runs in one game on offense.
• He made his college debut a memorable one in a doubleheader against South Alabama on Feb. 16.
• In game one, he started and tossed 5.0 scoreless innings of two-hit ball with eight strikeouts to get the win.
• In the second game, he made his offensive debut and hit two homers with three RBIs as the designated hitter.