TigerNet is the oldest and largest Clemson Community online with 149,349 members, 54,703 news articles and 27M forum posts.
|Ht./Wt.:||6'8.5, 240 lbs|
|High School:||Blue Ridge School|
|Years:||2017 - 2019|
B I O
- Started all 34 games for the Tigers in 2018-19
- Completed freshman season after appearing in 34 total games and making 12 starts
- Provided excellent size and athleticism on both ends of the floor to make an impact both offensively and defensively
- Expanding his skill set to provide outside shooting to pair with his inside game
- One of two frontcourt signees in the 2017 signing class
- Rated a consensus four-star prospect
- Played two seasons at Blue Ridge School.
- Appeared and started all 34 games this season
- Doubled points per game average from freshman season (4.0 points per game to 8.1)
- Shot 44.1 percent from the field and 33.1 percent from distance
- Improved free throw shooting by nearly 20.0 percent from freshman season (57.7 percent to 75.0 percent)
- Grabbed a career-best 157 rebounds, including 50 on the offensive glass
- Improved rebounding by nearly 1.5 rebounds per game (3.2 rebounds per game to 4.6 rebounds per game)
- Finished second on the team with 25 blocked shots
- Added career-high 34 assists and career-high 21 steals
- Scored a career-best 274 points
- Knocked down a 3-pointer in 23 games this season, including making at least two in 12 different contests
- Eclipsed 30+ minutes on 10 occasions.
Best Games, 2018-19
- Scored in double-figures in the first four games of the season and five of the first six contests
- Scored 16 points in the season opener against The Citadel (Nov. 6) on 7-for-8 shooting from the field and a perfect 2-for-2 from beyond the arc
- Made a career-high four free throws against Sam Houston State (Nov. 14), while also scoring 12 points and grabbing a then-season-high of eight rebounds against the Bearkats
- Finished with 10 points and seven rebounds in the Cayman Islands Classic championship game against Creighton (Nov. 21)
- Played a career-high 37 minutes against Mississippi State (Dec. 8)
- Scored a career-high 23 points and made a career-high nine field goals against the Bulldogs in that contest, including tying his career-high with four made 3-pointers
- Posted 15 points in 23 minutes against Charleston Southern (Dec. 18) – finished 6-for-8 against the Bulldogs
- Grabbed a career-high 10 rebounds at Duke (Jan. 5)
- Scored 18 points and grabbed five rebounds at Florida State (Jan. 22) – shot 7-for-13 against the Seminoles, including knocking down three triples
- Scored 13 points in a road win at Georgia Tech (Feb. 6) – also grabbed five rebounds and blocked a season-high-tying two shots against the Yellow Jackets
- Swatted two more shots against Virginia Tech (Feb. 9)
- Netted 10 points in a win over Boston College (Feb. 23)
- Scored seven points and grabbed seven rebounds against Wichita State in the second round of the NIT (March 23) – finished 2-for-3 from the floor and knocked down a triple against the Shockers.
- Appeared in 34 games and made 12 starts last season
- Limited action off the bench in the early going, but stepped into a starting role following the tragic season-ending injury of senior Donte Grantham
- Averaged 15.4 minutes per game for the season, but played finished the season with 21.7 minutes per contest over the final 16 games of the season, including 12 starts
- Grabbed over 100 rebounds, averaging 3.2 per game
- Finished the season with 29 blocks – second-most on the roster.
BEST GAMES, 2017-18
- Played a career-high 30 minutes at Georgia Tech
- Scored in double figures on three occasions during the year
- Scored 10 points in back-to-back games at Florida State and against Duke
- Finished a perfect 4-for-4 from the field in the Tigers’ opening round game of the NCAA tournament against New Mexico State – finishing with nine points and three rebounds
- Grabbed a career-high nine rebounds in the opening round game of the ACC tournament against Boston College
- Narrowly missed a double-double against the Eagles with 10 points and nine boards
- Hit two three-pointers on three occasions, including coming in for an injured Donte Grantham and hitting a clutch three against Notre Dame.
- Four-star prospect according to 247 Sports, ESPN, Rivals and Scout
- Rated as high as the No. 89 prospect in the nation by Rivals – also No. 104 by Scout and No. 107 by 247 Sports
- No. 3 prospect from the state of Virginia by ESPN and No. 7 by Rivals
- No. 27 prospect at the power forward spot by ESPN
- Central Virginia Boys Player of the Year as a senior, when he led Blue Ridge to a second state championship in three years
- Averaged 13.0 points and 9.4 rebounds per game as a senior
- First-team All-VISAA Division II selection, he was a second-team choice as a junior – also second-team all-state by USA Today as a senior
- Posted 16 points, six rebounds and three blocks in championship game
- Notched double-double and produced 14 of his 18 points in the second half of semifinal win over Virginia Episcopal School
- Team MVP as a senior when he went over 1,000 career points in three seasons
- MVP of the Bullis Holiday Classic and Joe Miller Invitational
- Posted 18 points in the championship game against Word of God
- MVP of the Central Virginia All-Star Game, when he tallied 16 points
- Played freshman year at Fluvanna County High School, where he scored 377 points
- Coached by Cade Lemcke at Blue Ridge, helping team to a 75-10 record in three seasons.
Born February 17, 1999 (turns 21 during the 2019-20 season).
*Courtesy Clemson Media Guide
Loading the player...