Clemson Baseball Preview vs. James Madison
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers continue their seven-game homestand with a three-game series against James Madison at Doug Kingsmore Stadium this weekend.
• Who - James Madison (2-2) vs. Clemson (2-1)
• When - Friday (4 p.m.), Saturday (2 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (all three games) - Family Four Pack - Purchase four tickets and a $10 concession voucher for only $20.
• Promotion (Saturday) - Shirsey Day - The first 250 students with a valid Clemson ID get a free 2016 Shirsey t-shirt.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 18-2 (1976-14)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 17-0 (1976-14)
• Friday - LHP Aaron Hoover (JMU) vs. LHP Charlie Barnes (CU)
• Saturday - LHP Colton Harlow (JMU) vs. RHP Clate Schmidt (CU)
• Sunday - RHP Brandon Withers (JMU) vs. LHP Jake Higginbotham (CU)
• Clemson won the last two games of the Maine series, outscoring the Black Bears 28-6 in those two games.
• The Tigers are averaging 10.3 runs per game and hitting .308 with a .439 slugging percentage, .444 on-base percentage and five steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.00 ERA, .252 opponents’ batting average and 3.75 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .982.
JAMES MADISON OVERVIEW
• James Madison is led by first-year head coach Marlin Ikenberry.
• The Dukes split their four-game series versus Bucknell last weekend. They are hitting .220 and have a 4.86 ERA and .970 fielding percentage.
• Kyle McPherson is hitting .333 with a homer, three RBIs, while Ky Parrott has a team-high four of the team’s 13 steals.
• In 11.2 innings pitched by Clemson’s bullpen against Maine, it allowed just six hits, one run and four walks with 15 strikeouts.
• Clemson is on pace to total 168 hit-by-pitches this regular season. The previous four years, the Tigers combined for 162 hit-by-pitches.
• Fifteen of the 16 Tigers who made a plate appearance in the Maine series had at hit. The other reached via a walk in two plate appearances.
• Clemson is averaging 4,895 fans per home date (3), ninth-highest figure in the nation and first in the ACC (through games of February 22).
• Clemson has had a top-20 national figure in average attendance 22 straight seasons and a top-10 figure 14 years in a row.
WILSON MAKING MOVES
• Junior Weston Wilson played all of his first two seasons at Clemson at third base, but has made the move to second base.
• He is hitting a team-high .545 with a .571 on-base percentage, one double, two RBIs and four runs in three games.
• He has six putouts and eight assists without committing an error in 2016 after struggling defensively at third base in 2015.
• In his career, he is hitting .256 with 15 doubles, one triple, seven homers, 51 RBIs, 49 runs and 10 steals in 115 games.