A national top 50 player by Rivals.com and 247 Sports…Rivals.com lists Kendrick as the top player in South Carolina and the No. 8 receiver in the nation…247 Sports lists Kendrick as the top player in South Carolina and the No. 5 receiver in the nation…ESPN.com lists him as the No. 80 overall player in the nation, the top player in South Carolina and the No. 8 receiver…Gatorade Player of the Year in South Carolina…played at a South Pointe program that won the state championship each of the last four years….Kendrick played wide receiver as a sophomore and played quarterback the last two years…completed 184-255 passes for 2,683 yards and 30 touchdowns against just six interceptions in 2017…also had 119 rushes for 1,194 yards and 20 scores…so had 50 touchdowns rushing and passing…in state semifinal playoff game against Greer, Kendrick had seven touchdowns, five rushing and two passing….rushed for 162 and completed 16-21 passes for 240 yards in that game….as a junior in 2016, completed 182 of 288 for 2,625 yards and 29 touchdowns against just six interceptions…had 110 rushes for 488 yards and five scores…so had 59/12 touchdown /interception ratio his last two years…had three touchdown receptions as a sophomore against Northwestern High School… teammates with fellow 2018 class Clemson commit BT Potter….played in the Shrine Bowl for South Carolina as a wide receiver, he had a 52-yard touchdown receptions…will play in US Army All-American game in San Antonio on Jan. 6…won USA Today’s Super 25 Top Star for the week of Oct. 26-28 after accounting for four touchdowns in a game…named a finalist for U.S. Army Player of the Year Award… a consensus 4-star prospect by every major recruiting website… played at South Pointe High for Strait Herron…committed to the Tigers on 01/28/2017…recruited by Jeff Scott.
S T A T S
In 2014, he had 16 tackles and two interceptions. He also had 4 carries for 26 yards and a touchdown.
- 1 month ago In the words of today’s youth, Clemson’s 2018 recruiting class is “ridiculous.” I would call it historic. The urban dictionary says “ridiculous” in today’s jargon means something that is memorable or something that is at the top level of greatness. Full Story »
- 3 months ago Several Clemson commits will play the final high school game of their careers Saturday, and one special quarterback will be the centerpiece. Eight members of Clemson’s 2018 recruiting class are competing in the U.S. Army All-American game in San Antonio, Texas (1 p.m., NBC). All of the players are on the East squad, led by quarterback Trevor Lawrence of Cartersville (Ga.).
Full Story »
- 3 months ago High school football players in the Class of 2018 were able to sign their National Letter of Intent months earlier than in the past. Instead of waiting until the 'traditional' National Signing Day - the first Wednesday in February – players had a three-day window from Dec. 20 to 22 to lock in their spots in the recruiting class. Dabo Siwnney is a big fan. Full Story »
- 3 months ago Wednesday was a good for the Clemson Tigers, and recruiting coordinator Brandon Streeter says it shows the Tigers can get anybody and everybody. The Tigers' recruiting footprint is also expanding.
Full Story »
- 3 months ago Dorman head coach David Gutshall is the head coach of the South Carolina squad in this week’s Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas, and that allowed us to catch up with him to ask about a few players. Full Story »
- 3 months ago Derion Kendrick lined up in the Wildcat at Wednesday’s Shrine Bowl practice, took the snap from the center and burst through the middle of the line with the kind of speed and acceleration that makes college scouts drool. Kendrick runs every play with emotion and with intensity. He runs with a purpose. He runs every play like it could be his last. He runs for Quan Torbit.
Full Story »
- 3 months ago Jake Venables is doing his best impersonation of his dad this week, recruiting top-notch players to the Clemson program while also taking time to enjoy the game he loves. As for his dad leaving the program to take a job somewhere else? Well, that isn’t happening, either. Not on Jake’s watch. Full Story »
- 3 months ago College and high school coaches and a smattering of fans descended on the practice fields behind Dorman High School Monday for the opening practice ahead of Saturday’s Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas. Full Story »
- 4 months ago Clemson football has had many big recruiting weekends, but this one may be the biggest, in terms of star power, under head coach Dabo Swinney. As far as official visits go, this may be the first time that Clemson has hosted five 5-star players in one weekend. Full Story »