Quick notes on Dabo Swinney teleconference
|2013-11-24 18:12:03.0- -||
* Swinney said that he was really excited about how the team played the first half. We had a lot of great individual performances.
* Injuries: Zac [Brooks] hurt his shoulder. Zac we will re-evaluate him tomorrow. He will have surgery after the year. He will be full go next season. We will miss him.
* Travis [Blanks], it looks like we are dealing with an ACL injury. They will meet in the morning but they are pretty sure its an ACL.
* 1st Top 10 matchup between Clemson and South Carolina. It makes this rivalry that much better. It makes for an exciting game.
* Everyone wants those bragging rights. They have been the better team. They have outplayed and outcoached us. We have to play to our full potential.
* "That's why they call this bragging rights. You've got to live with this one. Everyone in state lives with it, loves bragging rights."
* "It’s not about wanting to win it. It’s about playing good football."
* We are going to try to play our best game of the year. This is a huge challenge. They are a top 10 team. There is a not a lot of margin of error.
* This rivalry is right up there with any in the country. When you look at both programs and their consistency. I think its right there. I really do. There are BCS implications. Not many bring that to the table.
* We are fortunate that Jayron has gotten a lot of experience. He has made some big plays. It hurts when you lose a quality player [Travis Blanks]. It was a luxury to have three players. We have to get them ready and step up.
* Robert Smith can play either safety spot. Jadar Johnson is the next man up backing up at safety. Taylor Watson has played a little bit.
* Big challenge because he is a great player [Clowney]. He is a load to handle and as advertised. He can be incredibly disruptive. Clowney is as good as anyone in the country and there is no doubt we will get his best.
* J.J. McCullough gives an extra dimension at TE. He has had a lot to learn. It was good to see him out there. He had fun and is a guy that will bring some diversity to our offense.
* Josh Watson has decided to stay at Clemson and return for his final year. I am glad he is staying.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||