MBB Final: Clemson 70, Oakland 60
|2014-12-22 21:08:19.0- -||
CLEMSON - Clemson rebounded from its loss at South Carolina last Friday with a 70-60 victory over Oakland at Littlejohn Coliseum Monday night.
Clemson got a career-high 26 points from Jaron BlossomgameJaron Blossomgame
RS So. Forward
#5 6-7, 215
View Full Profile, who was 8-of-10 from the field and 3-of-3 from 3-point range. Landry NnokoLandry Nnoko
#35 6-10, 255
View Full Profile added 17 points and freshman Donte GranthamDonte Grantham
#15 6-8, 205
View Full Profile added 12 for the Tigers, who improved to 7-4 on the season.
"Good performance from our guys heading into Christmas," Clemson head coach Brad Brownell said. "I thought we had a great two days of practice coming into the game. Our guys were focused, and we knew Oakland is a very talented offensive team, and we got a first-hand account of that from their game against Pittsburgh. We challenged our guys to defend at a high level, and I felt we did that tonight. We played very well early offensively, and all in all, I thought our performance was good, especially defensively.”
Overall, Clemson was 8-of-23 from beyond the arc and hit 14-of-21 free throws. The Tigers had 12 turnovers.
• Clemson moved to 7-4 on the season with Monday’s win over Oakland; the Tigers are now 4-1 this season following losses.
• The Tigers made eight three-point field goals, tying a season high.
• Clemson won the turnover margin Monday and is 4-0 this season under that scenario.
• Clemson posted 15 assists against Oakland, a season high.
• The Tiger defense tallied nine steals for a second straight game to tie a season high.
• The Tiger defense held Oakland to 26 points in the first half, the Grizzlies’ second lowest total in any half this season.
• Clemson held Oakland to 60 points Monday, the Grizzlies’ lowest total this season.
• Jaron Blossomgame scored a career-high 26 points Monday, 19 of which came in the opening half.
• Blossomgame posted career highs for field goals (8).
• Landry Nnoko scored 17, his highest total since posting 19 in the second game of the season. The 17 points were his second-highest total in 77 career games.
• Nnoko made seven field goals Monday, a career high.
• Nnoko blocked two shots, giving the Tiger junior at least one in 19 of his last 20 games.
• With his first block, Nnoko became the 13th player in school history to reach the century mark.
• Sidy Djitte had three steals Monday. It was the second straight game he set a career high for steals.
• Rod Hall posted six assists with zero turnovers Monday in 36 minutes.
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||