Clemson takes on Furman at Fluor Field Tuesday
|Monday, March 4, 2019, 3:05 PM-|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers return to Fluor Field to take on Furman on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
• Who - Clemson (8-3) vs. Furman (2-7)
• Best Rankings - CU - No. 20 Collegiate Baseball; FUR - NR
• When - Tuesday (6 p.m.)
• Where - Greenville, S.C. (Fluor Field)
• Watch - SoCon Digital Network
• Video Announcers - Dan Scott, Tom Van Hoy
• Listen (Radio) - WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 152-57-4 (1896-2018)
• Record at Furman - Clemson leads 62-28-2 (1896-2018)
• RHP Jackson Lindley (CU, 0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. LHP John Michael Bertrand (FUR, 0-0, 5.87)
• Clemson won one of three games against South Carolina at three different sites last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.5 runs per game and hitting .267 with a .389 on-base percentage and 26 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.41 ERA, .224 opponents’ batting average and 3.83 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .979.
• Furman is led by third-year head coach Brett Harker.
• The Paladins were swept against Wake Forest last weekend. They are hitting .269 and have a 6.23 ERA and .972 fielding percentage.
• John Michael Boswell is hitting .353 with two homers and nine RBIs, while Rob Hughes has pitched 8.2 scoreless innings in five outings.
• Clemson is 4-0 when the opponent does not commit an error and 4-3 when the opponent commits at least one error.
• Clemson is 22-for-50 (.440) with runners in scoring position in the last six games.
TIGERS AT FLUOR FIELD
• Clemson has a 26-6 all-time record at Fluor Field in Greenville, S.C., and have won 10 games in a row at the facility.
• The Tigers have outscored the opposition 265-135 at Fluor Field, an average score of 8.3-4.2.
• The only teams to defeat Clemson at Fluor Field are South Carolina (2010,11,14,15), Presbyterian College (2011) and Michigan State (2015).
• Clemson is 12-0 against Furman at Fluor Field. The Tigers have outscored Furman 133-55 in their 12 meetings at Fluor Field.
HALL STARTING THINGS OFF
• Sophomore infielder and outfielder Sam Hall has moved into the leadoff spot in 2019, and has also played third base and left field.
• He played 25 games (21 starts) as a freshman in 2018 as both an infielder and outfielder.
• He is hitting .342 with two doubles, three homers, 11 RBIs, 15 runs, a .500 on-base percentage and nine steals in 2019.
• He leads or is tied for the team lead in runs, hits (13), walks (10), hit-by-pitches (3), on-base percentage and steals.
• He has made seven starts at third base and four starts in left field. He is the only Tiger to start every game in the same lineup spot (1).
• He received the Bob Bradley Award as Clemson's MVP of the South Carolina series from March 1-3.
• He was 5-for-10 with a homer, double, three RBIs, four runs, a .571 on-base percentage and three steals in the series against the Gamecocks.
• In his career, he is hitting .275 with six doubles, five homers, 18 RBIs, 35 runs and 17 steals in 36 games (32 starts).