Clemson vs. Maryland Game Notes
COLLEGE PARK, MD - With Saturday's victory, Clemson has won seven straight against Maryland since 1993. Maryland’s 17-points in the first half were more than they’ve scored against the Tigers in the previous six games of the streak combined.
- Keith Adams entered Saturday’s game with at least on sack in six-straight games, tying Chester McGlockton for the most games with consecutive sacks in Clemson history. Adams will have to share the record for the time being as the sophomore linebacker was held to season-low seven tackles and no sacks against Maryland.
- Clemson has played the fourth-toughest schedule in the nation according to the Sagarin computer ratings. Only Iowa, North Carolina, and Michigan have schedules rated tougher than the Tigers.
- Despite being shut out by Maryland, the Tiger secondary has picked off ten passes so far this season, already exceeding last year’s total of eight. Robert Carswell leads Clemson with three interceptions.
- Clemson has struggled in the fourth quarter thus far, with opponents outscoring the Tigers 41-22 in the final frame. Against Maryland, the Tigers outscored the Terrapins 7-6 in the last period.
- Maryland’s Lewis Sanders entered the game as the nation’s #3 kickoff returner, but the Tiger special teams kept the All-American candidate relatively in-check by holding him to only 38-yards on two returns.
- Freshman running back Bernard Rambert saw his first action as a Tiger against Maryland on Saturday and it didn’t take long for him to make his presence known. After losing yardage on his first career-carry, Rambert ran through the right side of the line and found the endzone from three-yards out on his second ever attempt. Rambert struck again in the fourth quarter with a one-yard touchdown. He finished the day with 18-yards on 7 carries.
- LaMont Jordan’s four touchdowns tied a record for most touchdowns scored by a single player against Clemson. The junior finished the day with 177-yards on 26 carries as the Tigers allowed the second rusher in as many weeks to run for over 100-yards.