Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A message for the NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

A message for the NFL

Sep 24, 2017, 8:38 PM

Saw this in someone else's comments and had to share. Unfortunately these clowns are getting quite a bit of attention, and maybe it is for the best.

Let us educate you, for those that protest the American Flag and Anthem.

TAKE A KNEE.
Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.
Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.
Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon... Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.
Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat.. Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress... Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.
There's a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.
While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken....but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.
No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."
You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another...
If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all....because He is the one who provides those things.
And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

amen brother and may i add MLB AS WELL.

Sep 24, 2017, 8:42 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: amen brother and may i add MLB AS WELL.

Sep 24, 2017, 8:55 PM

Another Amen from a Vietnam Vet who walked in those jungles you mentioned in your write up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point For Fighting That War***

Sep 24, 2017, 9:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Point For Fighting That War***

Sep 25, 2017, 9:55 PM

I regret that I have but one TU to give for this post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: A message for the NFL

Sep 24, 2017, 8:51 PM

Amen, and Amen.

Sep 24, 2017, 8:53 PM

Couldn't agree more

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 24, 2017, 8:58 PM

Vietnam vet says thanks.

Sep 24, 2017, 8:59 PM

100% agree and your passionate post is much appreciated.

Yet there are others that are passionate about their beliefs too. When they are NFL football players in the public eye how do they express their concerns?

Sep 24, 2017, 9:13 PM

Social media seems to be the place that everyone else does it. I'm sure that the professional athletes can make their displeasures known on social media just like many of us do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 9:00 PM

Unfortunately, the ones who need to hear this message are either unwilling or incapable of understanding it... or they do, and just don't care.

I'll do the only thing I can to "protest"... I'll change the channel to something other than the NFL.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 9:01 PM

As a grad with 2 Clemson degrees and Clemson season tickets and NFL season ticket holder. Have been a NFL season ticket holder
before Clemson even allowed Blacks onto our Campus and football team. Consider the following:

1. We sing God Bless America prior to the game.
2. We give the Pledge prior to the game.
3. We honor the Military every game
4. We were forced by the National Government to allows blacks on our campus
5. We booed President Obama on our Video board on Military Appreciation day and had to be shamed by President Barker
6. We honor Tillman on out Campus

It might be time to take the view of America from many other points of view.

To Lop In Prayer and The Anthem With Implied Racism is

Sep 24, 2017, 9:09 PM

Pretty Shady. Essentially You Are Lopping Prayer, Patriotism and Racism at Clemson Into a Collective Character. Not Buying it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To Lop In Prayer and The Anthem With Implied Racism is

Sep 24, 2017, 9:45 PM

Nope. Lopping them with a nonsensical idea of patriotism. I do the pledge and sing my lungs out for the anthem because I choose to do so, and that is what I feel. My friend is an agnostic and he fails state the part "under God." Is he also to be cast into the outer darkness? But is it barely possible that we have set up rituals of "patriotism" that are somehow tests to be allowed to be included in America? Is it at all important in a free country that we set up mandatory performances of shows of patriotism that our livelihoods depend on? That ain't really patriotism folks. It is reminiscent of, let's say, less enlightened regimes.

I do not agree with the kneelers, but is it possible if they feel concerned enough to do this in the numbers they have we might want to listen to them rather than write them off as traitors or somehow disrespectful of veterans? In fact, we did not all grow up the same way or have the same take on American life. In short, if you are white like us, it did not happen to you.

And sorry, Morbid, your logo tells the tale.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: A message for the NFL ]

Give it a rest. Anybody from the generation you claim to be from wouldn't have such a skewed interpretation of the society we're dealing with now. Go ahead and take your seat and just stop talking

Sep 25, 2017, 7:11 AM

Are you really presuming to speak for all of us in our sixties? Don't!!!! I marched for Civil Rights in the sixties and against Vietnam in the seventies. I was tear-gassed and beaten up. I attended a wedding for a black friend in a church in Greeleyville that was burned to the ground by two KKKK members and I see the same kind of racial entitlement being claimed by white supremacists right now. And I am a 65 year old white middle class man. The NFL protests may not be my cup of tea, but at least they are PEACEFUL.

Sep 25, 2017, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: A message for the NFL ]

Are you really presuming to speak for all of us in our sixties? Don't!!!! I marched for Civil Rights in the sixties and against Vietnam in the seventies. I was tear-gassed and beaten up. I attended a wedding for a black friend in a church in Greeleyville that was burned to the ground by two KKKK members and I see the same kind of racial entitlement being claimed by white supremacists right now. And I am a 65 year old white middle class man. The NFL protests may not be my cup of tea, but at least they are PEACEFUL.

Sorry for the double post! My WIFI effed up!

Sep 25, 2017, 7:13 AM

N/M

Sep 25, 2017, 2:01 AM [ in reply to Re: A message for the NFL ]

trk1 - I don't think anyone is saying that change is not needed, or that protests should not be made. It is the HOW and WHEN that those people are doing it disrespects those that deserve respect. They might as well have videos of them spitting on the graves of our fallen soldiers.

And yet - there were posts on t-net this past weekend about Chubb (NCSU) spitting on the center of the field at FSU as being disrespectful. But while that bothers some people, spitting on the graves of our fallen soldiers does not. Awesome logic. NOT!!

Sep 25, 2017, 2:18 AM

Stated with amazing clarity!

Message was edited by: CleverTiger®

Sep 25, 2017, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: A message for the NFL ]

Those who kneel in the NFL are "No Flag lovers" as such. While freedom of expression is held dear, I wonder if the players even recognize the sacrifices others made to allow them the privilege of "protest" while merely playing a game. As for me I will not watch or support any NFL team this season due to their disrespect.

Go Tigers!

Sep 24, 2017, 9:02 PM

No truer words brother. This gave me chills. God bless America & thank you for sharing this

Sep 24, 2017, 9:06 PM

Very well said. I cannot understand how there are people that fail to appreciate God and country.

On behalf of my grandfather, Fred A. Keller, my father in

Sep 24, 2017, 9:06 PM

law, William Leon Dodson, my uncles LJ Blackwell and John Black,and my good friends JD Dickenson and Edgar Fleming, I give you my sincere thanks for this post.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:12 PM

Amen.... and Amen.....

Sep 24, 2017, 10:25 PM

Amen. Well said

### - and taking a knee kills babies? Hyperbole BS!***

Sep 24, 2017, 10:36 PM

Sep 24, 2017, 10:42 PM

I appreciate the sacrifice of all who have served...but these players aren't protesting the flag or those that have served under it...they are protesting perceived injustice and using a very public forum to do so. Those who call it un-American or disrespectful towards veterans are just being purposely obtuse or intellectually dishonest...maybe both. The older I get the more I notice that many of those who wrap themselves in the flag so tightly really have very little understanding of what it truly stands for.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:39 PM

I think the point of this post is to emphasize people should choose another way to express their displeasure with the way they perceive things are other than protesting during the national anthem. The national anthem and the flag represent losses of life for our sacred democracy, which happens to include the right to protest. Simply pick something else.

you're stating it represents the right to protest, then..

Sep 25, 2017, 8:58 AM

state pick something else. If it represents the right to protest, what's wrong with them protesting. Contradictory logic there

I'm not sure the NFL reads Tigernet***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:46 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not sure the NFL reads Tigernet***

Sep 25, 2017, 1:55 AM

Are you saying they don't know how to read?

Sep 25, 2017, 1:57 AM

Thank you kind sir for putting that on here. Well-written and drives home the point of respect.

As for taking a knee, the only knee I'll be taking is in prayer like you stated. We definitely need prayer for our nation.

I always will stand for our flag and anthem...

Sep 25, 2017, 2:33 AM

But I think today's protest were against Trump. Not an excuse to not stand for the Anthem, but I think they were protesting his toxic remarks from the other day. I believe that 99.9% of the NFL, players, and fans love the USA, the greatest country in the world. Just my 2 cents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Desert Storm, Somalia, Iraq (twice), and Afghanistan vet here says Thank you

Sep 25, 2017, 8:17 AM

And as a former Marine Corps DI at Parris Island, I find myself checking casualty rosters all the time to see if any are my former recruits I helped train. There is a reality to your post that a lot of folks will never, ever get. The anthem speaks of an ideal that we will never reach but kneeling and disrespecting those who have died trying to protect is complete misguided trash.

Thank you for your sacrifices.***

Sep 25, 2017, 8:56 AM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

I hear what you're saying

Sep 25, 2017, 8:54 AM

and don't disagree with the sentiment BUT...

When you join the Military, you take the following oath:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Note it says defend the CONSTITUTION, doesn't say to defend the FLAG. Now the flag represents our country, and it's the banner we fight under, but we (as a country) are not fighting for the FLAG. We are fighting for democracy and our belief system. The flag is simply an outward symbol of those things.

And what does the Constitution say?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Nit picky? Maybe. But I just feel people get things a little twisted up sometimes. It burns me up just as much to see a ratty old and tattered flag flying from someones car or truck that's been there way too long. I get that you want to be patriotic, but at some point it's time to remove the flag and buy a new one.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Get a brain, they have came out specifically saying it's nothing against veterans...

Sep 25, 2017, 8:55 AM

Colin Kaepernick even conferred with veterans before last season on the proper way to carry out his protest. And other NFL players that have participated in the protest have done the same thing. You may not agree with them, but at least show the common sense and intelligence to acknowledge it has nothing to do with veterans or the military. So stop using veterans as a shield for intolerance.

Is this when Colin wore the Police Pig Socks?

Sep 25, 2017, 9:33 AM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al Champs!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Get a brain, they have came out specifically saying it's nothing against veterans...

Sep 25, 2017, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Get a brain, they have came out specifically saying it's nothing against veterans... ]

> Colin Kaepernick even conferred with veterans before
> last season on the proper way to carry out his
> protest. And other NFL players that have participated
> in the protest have done the same thing. You may not
> agree with them, but at least show the common sense
> and intelligence to acknowledge it has nothing to do
> with veterans or the military. So stop using veterans
> as a shield for intolerance.

If we are going to apply common sense , let's do so correctly. It appears that even you agree that the anthem and the flag which it supports , are symbols of our country and that they are intended as a way for the citizens to salute the ideals of the country as outlined in the constitution and to honor those that have sacrificed and paid the ultimate price in it's defense.

If we accept that as a true representation of what the National Anthem stands for, then we can get to the next point in the discussion. Colin wanted to draw attention to the unfair treatment of some citizens in the US. He had many choices to do this . He had pre- and post game interviews , he had tons of money to fund organizations of the same opinion, etc..

He chose to "take a knee " when the teams, fans, coached and owners were paying tribute to the country that has afforded them the opportunity to earn a living and enjoy an event.

In doing so , common sense says , he disrespected the ideals and sacrifices made by fellow Americans . He may have had very sincere motives , but the choice of the platform changed the effect that the message had on his intended audience.

Re: If an extended family has 100 members , and 1 of those 100 does something wrong ,is it proper for an observer to protest the family as a whole?

The guy could have taken a knee during interviews etc. the reporters would certainly have asked him why he was doing it. If they didn't he could have filled them in anyway.

If I do not agree with the way a particular religion calls for treating some issue , should I kneel at the front in front of all those their celebrating in the church while they take their vows?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU #100***

Sep 25, 2017, 9:23 PM

Great post and thumbs up.

Sep 25, 2017, 10:56 PM

That said, if the players were white conservatives that were taking a knee to bring attention to abortions, Trump supporters would be applauding them and calling them heroes. They really would. There would be little outrage if any at all. They really would likely be applauded by many or ignored by others. If some black people have an issue they are trying bring attention to, the wheels completely come off and they lose their marbles. Trump has just helped fuel the nuttiness. Also, when Trump was trash taking POW's they were quiet as church mice.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic