Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Points Chase
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1971

Points Chase

Jun 21, 2024, 12:52 AM

Have accumulating points become the primary objective of posts? I read all kinds of nonsense posts, even political diatribes, that have nothing to do with Clemson athletics or the University. I'm one of the original members and what I read now is much different it that was 26 years ago. Back then we actually had a face to face event at the Alumni Center in Clemson and, as I can recall, there were probably 30+ members that attended. I rarely see any of them here anymore. There became a point in time, and I'm not sure of the date, that the original members became overrun by newcomers with different agendas. A lot, or most of us left, after being overwhelmed by new joiners with different agendas. Certainly, there was a lot of nonsense among us originals but, it was never political or hostile.

Our nation is changing, for better or worse, but it's always been resilient enough to overcome short term tumult. I have no problem with chasing points. It's all just for fun but, I'd really like to see no more anti-Trump, anti-Biden, or religious respective based posts. Please, let's get back to focusing on Clemson athletics and our great university and not reduce this website posts of nonsense and inflammatory banter. This website is all for fun but I've grown tired of reading posts that have nothing to do with perspectives on our athletics. I'm solid Orange, a 1974 class Graduate, and my dad was in the great Clemson of Class of 1941 and served with Army Air Corp in New Guinea, the Bismarck Archipelago, Philippines and Okinawa and made it back home without being killed.

I'm not saying one shouldn't chase points, if that's all you'll after, but it should focus on our athletics rather than fishing, restaurants, booze, or any other non-related posts.

BTW, anyone have a good recipe for shrimp and grits?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point to you good sir!***

Jun 21, 2024, 1:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Try this recipe. Hope you enjoy.

Jun 21, 2024, 2:33 AM

https://www.sweetteaandthyme.com/authentic-southern-shrimp-and-grits/#

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Try this recipe. Hope you enjoy.

Jun 21, 2024, 11:50 AM

Anyone have a great recipe for she crab soup? I try it every time we try a new place that offers it.
To date, the best is at Crab Catchers on the Water in Little River, SC unless you go to Maryland as
they have the best blue crab, hands down.

Wrong board!***

Jun 21, 2024, 6:47 AM

Re: Points Chase

Jun 21, 2024, 7:04 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2024, 7:20 AM

It's the off season and not much going on anyway. Start multiple fascinating sports threads and people will join in.

Also a point for you. Did they start counting point when you first joined?

Jun 21, 2024, 7:27 AM

And did the number of posts always be recorded because it doesn't appear that you posted much when things were really relevant?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the same thing. Must be a man of few words.***

Jun 21, 2024, 7:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought the same thing. Must be a man of few words.***

Jun 21, 2024, 7:34 AM

At least BBO hasn't shown up to yell "COOT!" We must be respectful. And I am glad to have another topic to discuss - the last few days have confirmed that dead time has arrived.

Message was edited by: clover65®

Re: Also a point for you. Did they start counting point when you first joined?

Apr 15, 2021, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Also a point for you. Did they start counting point when you first joined? ]

everything 'reset' in 98. The original group was here before that....back when the internet was a dirt road. LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also a point for you. Did they start counting point when you first joined?

Jun 21, 2024, 7:51 AM

Was wondering about that - thanks for the answer.

Jun 21, 2024, 7:40 AM

The best shrimp/grits recipe I've ever had... And I taste them every time I try a new restaurant.
https://lowcountrycuisinemag.com/82-queen-bbq-shrimp-grits/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comedy and points go hand in hand with laughter

Jun 21, 2024, 7:47 AM

Sometimes you have to lighten up and not take things so seriously!

A friend sent me this funny short from YouTube yesterday.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zVdUalmQsxA?si=-gvSNVc35DVHacRK

Go Tigers beat the pee out of the dawgs & chickens

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Is this the new phrase for Points Party?

Jun 21, 2024, 7:54 AM

If it is, count me in!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this the new phrase for Points Party?

Jun 21, 2024, 8:17 AM

Let me be the first to award you.

I'll take just the first part of your post to reply to. You say that things are

Jun 21, 2024, 7:57 AM

far different posting wise than 26 years ago.

I would certainly hope so! It would be BEYOND boring to read the same thing for 26 straight years. It gets boring on here now, just hearing the same things over and over for a couple of DAYS!

And as far as everything not being about Clemson, that is why the site owners have set up a lot of different boards where different type topics can be brought forth. It IS called SOCIAL MEDIA for a reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2024, 8:07 AM

What you’re raging about is a moot point. This is a Clemson message board. We have different boards for any type of conversation. We can all agree politics can be a bad thing. There are also times where you have to draw a line.

I don’t think anyone is chasing points. There is no carrot for people to do so. Well, maybe OJ and his Hill Watch posts. I see TigerNet as a forum for brothers and sisters to talk about anything and everything. I find myself searching through board posts more than reading the articles. I’ve found many “friends” on here that I try to interact with as much as possible.

I’ve been on here since 2011 (I think) and came over from CUTiger Illustrated. I find this (along with other media outlets) to be one of the premier fan message boards in NCAA sports. Do we have some idiots? Yes, many coots in Tiger clothing try to bring us down to their level.

Many of us have scattered across the country after our times at Clemson. It’s easier to keep up with people on a site like this one.

As far as meeting and organizing booster events; I’m sure that still happens. Many on here are athletic boosters. We also have lives outside of Clemson athletics. Socialization and caring for others are rampant on this site. Sit back and watch for prayers needed posts and see how fast it becomes post of the day. God forbid people socialize on a social media platform. How dare they seek brother and sisterhood outside of talking Clemson sports?! There’s a forum for that called the amphitheater. We can discuss anything we want. Discourse is the heart of knowledge.

It’s completely subjective. My main focus when I first joined was for the articles. It has morphed to checking in to see how Lightbulbbill, 76er, Tugaloo River, allorangealltge time, tigerbalm, and a host of others (sorry for all the ones I missed) are doing. What they had for supper. What they’re drinking. How the kids and grandkids are. In short, I see TigerNet as Clemson people talking about anything and everything. Maybe don’t read a post if the headline is a trigger?

Message was edited by: OneJedi® thanks to ducking autocorrect

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1971
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic