Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Sep 22, 2021, 5:41 AM

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Jay Lyn D just stops playing football

Sep 22, 2021, 6:06 AM

At this point LJD has made his decision. I support his right to make this decision and think it is the best decision for him. At this point he is no longer a member of the Tiger football team. So, Let's move on from LJD. Tired of hearing about a non issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2021, 6:08 AM

Because if he doesn’t play in more than 4 games he can redshirt and save a year of eligibility. With the ncaa waiver for last year that’ll give him 2 years of playing left if he chooses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2021, 6:41 AM

Isn’t he a TE. Is he transferring too? ??

He could transfer, play two more seasons and get a Masters

Sep 22, 2021, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: So Jay Lyn D just stops playing football ]

degree. Not a bad deal ! I hope he does well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2021, 8:28 AM

He's preserving his eligibility, looks like. The new NCAA rule allows you to take a redshirt after having appeared in no more than four games (1/3rd is the rule) of a given regular season. Kelly Bryant did that when he lost his job to Trevor, and transferred to Mizzou for his senior season.

Honestly, hard to blame Lyn-J. He's in a rough situation, losing his position as an upperclassman because he's frankly been outrecruited, but he probably does have an outside shot at the League if he can put together a good season of film somewhere much as Chez Mellusi is now doing for Wisconsin. He does have some talent. I'd advise my own son - who also is a college player - to probably do the same thing in his shoes.

Mind, Lyn-J is likely going to have the same issues elsewhere - especially in regards to dancing, turning his shoulders, and losing big yards behind the LoS - and then of course whatever his attitude thing is since it seems he's been in the coaches' doghouse more than a fair bit - but you do understand why he's doing it. It's a roster logjam situation, and he's exercising his option...and I can absolutely promise you it's a massively tough time for him. (This is hard on players who do it, leaving their team and teammates is never fun, particularly like this.) And sometimes it's the best thing for everybody. I suspect that is so in this case.

No point in my dumping on him, so I won't. I hope it works out for him at his next stop.

Sep 22, 2021, 9:37 AM

Some wise words here. I wish the best for him and glad to hear he plans to graduate this Dec.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic