Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From Matt Connelly's twitter feed re: Clemson basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

From Matt Connelly's twitter feed re: Clemson basketball

May 29, 2023, 9:26 PM

schedule for next year:

Matt Connolly
@MattConnollyOn3
·
1h
A home and home with Clemson and Memphis in men's basketball is "close to being done" I'm told. Clemson at Memphis for 2023-24 and Memphis at Clemson in 2024-25

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From Matt Connelly's twitter feed re: Clemson basketball

May 29, 2023, 9:28 PM

Decent. Glad to add some more decent non conference competition. Coots drag our SOS down and the ACC B1G challenge is a think of the past now.

May 29, 2023, 10:06 PM

Yeah, and then losing to them drags our RPI down. 😩

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

May 29, 2023, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: From Matt Connelly's twitter feed re: Clemson basketball ]

Big 10 game has helped us before. Now we don’t have that. We have the ACC/SEC challenge starting next season.

Losing to the coots last year was just embarrassing***

May 30, 2023, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: From Matt Connelly's twitter feed re: Clemson basketball ]

May 29, 2023, 9:29 PM

That would be cool to see Penny Hardaway and a great game.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Saweet, just glad it isn't Moorehead st.

May 29, 2023, 9:35 PM

we got a chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great...Another Brown L***

May 29, 2023, 9:57 PM

Re: Great...Another Brown L***

May 29, 2023, 10:21 PM

so creative

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great...Another Brown L***

May 29, 2023, 11:01 PM

Wish Brownell was creative and could get us out of the NIT first round

FIFY

May 30, 2023, 4:09 PM

Wish Brownell was creative and could get us out of the NIT first round ...

... as a Number 1 seed on their home court.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nice!

May 29, 2023, 10:03 PM

From someone stuck in the memphis area since 2009…

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to see you’re still living!

May 29, 2023, 10:30 PM

Kidding, sorta

Re: Nice!

May 29, 2023, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Nice! ]

Poor guy lol

May 29, 2023, 11:00 PM

A home game against Memphis will be exciting for our next coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

May 29, 2023, 11:02 PM

I hope you right

May 30, 2023, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: From Matt Connelly's twitter feed re: Clemson basketball ]

🤡🤡🤡🤡

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2023, 9:09 AM

Yes, Brad Brownell is a clown. And I'm curious why you continually dodge my posts proving you were incorrect about O-Max and "upgrade" talk. Is it that you aren't genuinely interested in honest discourse? Consider me shocked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

May 30, 2023, 11:29 AM

I have answered your question multiple times.

I believe that naz bohanan was a slight upgrade/wash for the 2021-2022 year.

i would have rather kept Omax because he was younger and had multiple years of eligibility left.

Remember this entire silly argument started because i posted, "Nobody has ever said rhat we didnt need o-max. He's one of the only transfers out that really hurt" this is why you were blocked. Unfortunately blocking somebody is stupid because it doesn't work the same on mobile and desktop, and it still allows you to comment on my posts.

And then you found a post from 2 years ago where JK said Naz Bohanan was an upgrade over omax. Ok......

If JK meant Naz was an upgrade for that year and that year only, then i would agree with him, but its very close.

If JK meant he would rather have Naz for 1 year, than Omax for 2+ years, then i would disagree with him.

I hope you are able to sleep at night now.

May 30, 2023, 12:35 PM

It works the same - you just don't know how to use it. Mobile turns off the "hide ignored users" feature more frequently. I assume this is a cache issue and I have reported it to the mods. It works the same either way. You cannot block others from seeing your posts as you stated in a previous post.

You had "ignored" me prior to the O-max issue.

I provided links to JK saying:
"our losses due to transfer are not significant and we have improved our team at those roster positions."
"Prosper only played a few minutes per game last year so his production is easily replaced next year by someone or a combination of someones."
"After all, they have already shown this offseason that they can use transfers to upgrade talent (e.g., Collins to replace Trapp/Newman, and Bohannon to replace Prosper)."
"Brownell has yet to lose a significant contributor to transfer."
"In the case of our most recent transfer, Khavon Moore, he left because one of our new arrivals (Olivier Maxence-Prosper) is more talented."
"If we lose a guy because we are replacing him with someone better, I'm good with that."

This is the crap I've been debating for years before you entered the fray. JK routinely went back and forth with me until I completely busted him for outright lying about the attendance at a particular UVA basketball game. As long as there was a hint of subjectivity to the debate he was happy to deflect, misrepresent, and obfuscate the matter at hand. In that instance he refuted the actual attendance claiming to have been there. Then I produced a link to the ACC Network condensed game broadcast showing a completely full house throughout the game with comments from the broadcasters about the intensity of the crowd. That was when he blocked me and numerous others. He is not arguing in good faith.

None of your responses address the notion that Brownell is either a poor evaluator of talent or a poor developer of it. Your splitting hairs about the 21/22 performances of two different players performing under two different set of circumstances and it is irrelevant. One player, O-Max, when allowed to settle into a system that utilized his talents was able to prosper into a NBA caliber player. If Bohannon had that potential, what happened to it? If he didn't, then you and Brownell are making the wrong evaluation about what would have been best in 21-22. In your system, we miss the tourney twice - that is literally what came of it. If Brownell had been able to develop O-Max as well as Marquette did, then there is little chance we miss the tourney last year. Brownell no longer tries to develop and build a team that has any chance of significant success. He's slapping together the team he thinks will mostly likely help him keep his job and isn't willing to spend anytime developing players. Winning 20 games shouldn't be the goal. Winning championships should be. And it is abundantly clear that is not remotely going to happen under Brownell.

May 30, 2023, 4:03 PM

A few things.... i agree with a lot of what jk says pertaining to basketball. Most if your quotes you attribute to him i agree with, and ive stated over and over again while using data and facts to price my case. There are expeptions and everything isnt so black and white.

1. The only 2 transfers that have gone onto average double figures at a power 5 program Are dawes and prosper. The only player that has averaged double figures at clemson and transferred under brownell is dawes. Brownell's typical transfer is somebody that isnt getting much pt, and is aspiring for more, kinda like middlebrookes. Brownell has brought in MANY players that habe averaged double figures at clemson.
2. I do think bohannan sas a slight upgrade over prosper in the 2021 and 2022 season.
3. When prosper transferred, he wasnt a significant contributor. we have lost a couple contributors since. Trapp, honor, dawes.
4 i ageee with be ing ok if we lose a guy and replace them with somebody better. That is typically what brownell has done with the exception of prosper in the long term because he had 2+ years.
5. I dont think prosper would have started over david collins, hunter tyson, or even naz bohannan in 2021-2022 season.

I dont care what you have argued about with JK over the years. You actually think i am him. Lol. The fact that you think is some "gotcha" that i didn't remember that JK made a post about prosper 2+ years ago is pathetic and sad.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic