Possible transfer to visit Clemson
|2015-05-08 08:13:27.0- -||
Former Robert Morris freshman guard Marcquise Reed will visit Clemson with his mother and grandfather this weekend according to multiple reports.
The 6-4 combo guard averaged 15.1 points, 2.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this season and was named Northeast Conference rookie of the year. He also had 22 points against Duke in the NCAA tournament (loss) and 21 points (9-14 shooting) against Clemson in the regular season (loss).
His team won the NEC tournament championship in 2014.
Reed would have to sit out next season but would have three years left to play starting in 2016.
He has already visited Tulsa, UMass and Southern California and plans to announce his new school on Monday.
Robert Morris Official Bio:
- Inked an NLI with Robert Morris in April of 2014
- A natural scorer with the ability to score from anywhere
- Will look to quickly become a part of rotation
- Can contribute on defense and is an adept rebounder
- Averaged 31.2 points and 4.6 rebounds per game as a senior in 2013-14
- Earned 2014 All-Met Honorable Mention accolades
- Eclipsed the 40-point plateau on five occasions
- Scored a career-high 52 points in a 117-66 victory over Upper Room Christian (3/15/14)
- Finished with 45 points in an 82-69 win over Bull City Prep (11/30/13)
- Went for 48 points in a 130-100 win over Upper Room Christian (12/22/13)
- Converted 20 field goals and went 8-for-11 at the free-throw line against URC
- In a 115-51 victory over Queen Anne's County (12/28/13) finished with 41 points
- Contributed 40 points in a 105-74 win over MATHS (2/15/14)
- Born April 21, 1995
- Major is computer information systems
Robert Morris transfer Marcquise Reed told @CBSSports he will visit Clemson this weekend. Has already visited Tulsa, UMass, and USC.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) May 8, 2015
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||