Clemson basketball faces PC on Tuesday
CLEMSON (6-3) vs. PRESBYTERIAN COLLEGE (5-2)
Date: Tuesday, December 15
Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
Arena: Bon Secours Wellness Arena (14,987)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
Web: ESPN3 (Roy Philpott-pbp; Nate Ross-color)
• Clemson looks to bounce back less than 48 hours after a tough one-point loss to Alabama. The Crimson Tide stole an inbounds pass and dunked the go-ahead basket with 25 seconds left Sunday.
• The Tigers last met Presbyterian College in the 2012-13 season. Clemson has won seven straight in the series, all since 1972-73.
• PC is one of Clemson’s oldest rivals, as the series dates to 1915-16, the fourth season in Tiger men’s basketball history.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 56-18-1
Streak: Clemson has won the last seven meetings
• Presbyterian assistant coach Cassius Bosket was a manager for the Tigers from 2009-13.
• Clemson’s defense has held its last two opponents, Wofford and Alabama, to 51 points apiece. The two teams combined to shoot just 37-110 (33.6 percent) against the Tigers’ improving defense.
• The Tigers are coming off a season-high 10 blocks against Alabama, four by center Landry Nnoko. He also led Clemson in scoring for the first time this season with 15 points.
• Clemson was out-rebounded by 14 in the game against Alabama, the program’s most lopsided deficit on the boards since the ACC opener last season against North Carolina.