Tigers travel to Virginia for weekend series
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers play their final games before final exams when they travel to Charlottesville, Va., for a series at Virginia this weekend.
• Who - Clemson (31-11, 14-7 ACC) vs. Virginia (24-17, 9-12 ACC)
• Best Rankings - CU - No. 8 Perfect Game; UVA - NR
• When - Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Charlottesville, Va. (Disharoon Park)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers - Alex Close, Channing Poole
• Listen (Radio) - WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 107-54 (1955-17)
• Record at Virginia - Clemson leads 41-29 (1956-14)
• Friday - LHP Jacob Hennessy (CU - 3-2, 3.25 ERA) vs. RHP Derek Casey (UVA - 5-2, 3.15)
• Saturday - RHP Brooks Crawford (CU - 4-2, 3.54) vs. LHP Daniel Lynch (UVA - 3-3, 3.99)
• Sunday - LHP Jake Higginbotham (CU - 6-1, 3.44) vs. RHP Noah Murdock (UVA - 1-0, 3.00)
• Clemson, who has won five games in a row, won both midweek home games (Kennesaw State, Presbyterian College) after sweeping Wake Forest.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.1 runs per game and hitting .251 with a .374 on-base percentage and 35 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.45 ERA, .237 opponents’ batting average and 2.29 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .976.
• Virginia is led by 15th-year head coach Brian O’Connor.
• The Cavaliers won two of three games at Louisville last weekend. They are hitting .271 and have a 3.75 ERA and .970 fielding percentage.
• Andy Weber is hitting .359 with 16 doubles, two triples, three homers and 37 RBIs, while Tanner Morris is batting .309.
• Clemson is 17-2 when it outhits the opponent and 14-9 when it does not outhit the opponent.
• Clemson is hitting .312 during its five-game winning streak.
• Clemson had a season-high six stolen bases against Presbyterian College on Wednesday night.
WINNING SEASONS THE NORM
• The Tigers have had a winning record every year since 1965.
• With its 31-11 record in 2018, Clemson is guaranteed of having a winning record for the 54th season in a row.
• Clemson’s 54-year streak is the third-longest active streak in the nation, trailing two ACC schools (Florida State 70, Miami (Fla.) 60).
• Clemson has had a non-losing record, which includes seasons with equal number of wins and losses, every season since 1958.
• Bill Wilhelm took over as head coach of the Clemson program in 1958, therefore the Tigers have not had a losing record since he took over.
• Clemson’s 61-year streak of non-losing records is tied for the second-longest active streak in the nation, trailing only Florida State (71).