Clemson senior earns All-American honor
|Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:19 AM-|
OXFORD, MISS. – Senior Grayson Byrd was named a third-team All-American as an outfielder by Collegiate Baseball on Thursday.
He became the 62nd Tiger in history to earn All-America honors. The Milton, Ga. native was a First-Team All-ACC selection in 2019.
He is hitting a team-high .315 with 15 homers, two triples, 15 doubles, 56 RBIs, 46 runs, a .584 slugging percentage, .393 on-base percentage and four steals in starting all 58 games.
Byrd season notes
• Senior Grayson Byrd has been a steadying influence as a leader and due to his ability to play both corner infield spots and in the outfield.
• He has started 22 games at first base, 21 games at third base and 15 games in left field.
• He hit .316 with nine homers, a triple, eight doubles, 29 RBIs, 23 runs and a .404 on-base percentage in 30 ACC regular-season games.
• He has 24 multiple-hit games, including eight games of at least three hits.
• He has 10 homers in the last 15 games.
• He had a 13-game hitting streak from April to May.
• He was named ACC Player-of-the-Week on April 1 for his performances in four road games from March 26-31.
• He was 9-for-15 (.600) with two doubles, two triples, a homer, seven RBIs, 10 runs and a .714 on-base percentage in the four games.
• He was 6-for-14 (.429) with two doubles, three homers and seven RBIs in the three-game series at No. 11 Georgia Tech from April 26-28.
• He went 3-for-6 with a grand slam and six RBIs at Coastal Carolina on May 14.
• He hit a home run in each game of the Wake Forest series from May 16-18.
• He was one of seven national players-of-the-week by Collegiate Baseball and national field player-of-the-week by College Sports Madness.
• He was also named ACC Player-of-the-Week by going 7-for-18 (.389) with four homers, 10 RBIs, six runs, a walk and steal in four games.
• In his three seasons as a Tiger, he is hitting .286 with 25 homers, 102 RBIs, 91 runs and 10 steals in 163 games (151 starts).