TigerSource's South Carolina Top 20
After scouting the summer camps, senior year and Shrine Bowl week we have our final rankings for the state of South Carolina. We have included a few notes on each player.
1. Jamie Robinson DB Northwestern-He is a true corner with good height. Robinson has great cover skills and good ball skills. We like the way he adjusts to the football in the air. He is a better wide receiver than C.J Byrd and more marketable as a DB because he is a true corner who could play safety.
2. J.C. Neal ATH Lakewood-We love his versatility. Neal has a good burst and can pull away from defenders with his speed. Neal also has good ball skills.
3. Thomas Austin OL Camden-Before the season we had an SEC coach tell us he thought Austin was number two in SC. Austin proved that evaluation true with a great week and a game where he handled players like Jonatha Hannah and Everett Brown. Besides his technique we love his character.
4. Josh Miller LB Manning-Played out of position at RB but will be a terrific LB. Good burst. Miller is a good enough athletic to cover backs in the flats and drops well into his hook/curl zones. Another high character kid. Very impressive young man.
5. C.J. Byrd DB North Augusta-High character and good athlete. We think he will be a solid multi-year starter at UGA. We have always thought he was a safety. Nice run supporter.
6. Hivera Green DL Conway-His stock rose. Big body with nice athletic ability. Big upside.
7. Rendrick Taylor WR Marlboro Co.-What a body. Big, physical receiver that played out of position at strong safety. Looks like a LB but we think has a bright career at WR.
8. Damien Wright DB Crestwood-Good closing speed. Nice open field tackler. We think another great kid. Could play safety or grow into a LB.
9. Alonzo Higgins LB Greenwood-Probably the best player in SC but will start at a prep school. Looks like some of the top LBs to play in this game in recent years Timmons, Simmons, etc.
10. Travil Jamison RB Greenville-Terrific between the tackles runner who would be rated higher if he would not have to start at a prep school.
11. Barry Humphries OL BHP-First a great character kid. Also a terrific competitor with excellent run blocking skills. One of the strongest linemen in the south.
12. Mike Davis RB Columbia-Another very good back in-between the tackles. Good balance.
13. Eric Huggins WR Conway-Disappointed in most aspects of his game. Not one of the top 5-10 players in SC but good player.
14. Antavious Coates DB Greenwood-Looked great in summer camps but missed his senior year with knee injury. Tremendous upside. Great range.
15. Haydrian Lewis DB Stratford-One of the biggest surprises of the Shrine Bowl week. Great competitor. Much better cover guy than we thought. Good run support.
16. Jamarcus Grant OL Mullins-Big body, nice feet. Will develop into nice tackle prospect.
17. Sadat Chambers DB Central of Pageland-Good athlete. Should play strong safety in college.
18. Jerrel King DL North Charleston-His ranking based on upside. Great body. Long arms. Good kid. However really is raw but has great upside.
19. Bobby Wallace RB Conway-Terrific open field runner. Great cutback ability and good hands. Size is only draw back.
20. Reynaldo Hunter WR Byrnes-A lot like Wallace in that he has great open field vision but size is only question mark.