TigerSource's North Carolina Rankings
After scouting the summer camps, senior year and Shrine Bowl week we have our final rankings for the state of North Carolina. We have included a few notes on each player.
1. Toney Baker RB Ragsdale-As good as any back we have seen in many years. This is the total package. He is an every-down back. He has no weaknesses. The best I have seen since Jamal Lewis and Stephen Davis.
2. Mohamed Massaquoi WR Charlotte-Reminds us of great ones we have seen in the past. Looks like former UGA WR Durrell Robinson. In the same class as Engram, Crosby, Hamilton, etc.
3. Montario Hardesty RB New Bern-Stock rose at Shrine Bowl. Has great burst.
4. Derek Nicholson LB Mt. Tabor-Terrific run-stopper. Physical linebacker that fills holes and tackles well. Not as athletic as big brother.
5. Jonathan Crompton QB Waynesboro-The only better QB prospect we have seen at the Shrine Bowl in the last 15 years is Chris Leak. Terrific arm strength. Also showcased athletic ability and nice quickness.
6. Jonathan Hannah TE/DE Hope Mills-Great body and motor. Highly skilled athlete.
7. Cameron Sexton QB Laurinburg-Great speed and athletic ability. Can play several postions.
8. Everette Brown DE Beddingfield-Long, athletic pass rusher. Nice long arms.
9. Antonio Wardlow DB Parkland-Good cover skills. Playmaker at safety.
10. Curtis Crouch OL Fayetteville-Mountain man. Stock soared at Shrine Bowl. Big upside.
11. Josh Brisoce WR Burns-Surprised by his athleticism at Shrine Bowl. Nice body and good ball skills.
12. Chris DeGeare OL Glenn-Top notch interior offensive lineman. One of the biggest surprises at the Shrine Bowl.
13. Brandon Woods WR Southern Durham-Big wide out will good upside. Ran better than we thought.
14. Maurice Covington WR Southern Durham-Woods teammate and looks like his twin on the field.
15. James Arnold RB Davie County-Good quickness and acceleration.
16. Brandon Ghee DB Britt-Nice cover skills. Good solid corner prospect.
17. Jordan Hemby DB Freedom-Looks a lot like Ghee. Maybe a better upside.
18. Joe Cox QB Charlotte-A little disappointed in arm strength, size and athletic ability.
19. Levin Neal ATH Ashley-Good acceleration and change of direction.
20. Ryan Succop K Hickory-On film looks like super strong leg.