August's Most Wanted: Part Two
6) Jocques Crawford - Crawford is a heavy Clemson lean. His father has a long and solid relationship with defensive coordinator Vic Koenning. Florida State may be the only threat to Clemson with Crawford. He would listen to an offer from the Seminoles, but we do not believe FSU will offer. Crawford was very impressive at every camp he attended, but all signs point to him commiting to Clemson. Crawford is in no hurry to make an official decision.
7) Xavier Harris - Harris is the top receiver remaining on the board. We are little confused as to why Richard Jackson from Clermont, FLA is not higher, but Harris was unstoppable in Clemson's camp. He almost committed, while on campus, but he decided to hold off on a decision. Harris is coached by former Tiger Charles Hafley, and Clemson is the solid leader here as well.
8) Darryl Gamble - Gamble is versatile linebacker prospect for the Tigers. He is not far behind Richardson on the board. Gamble is versatile enough to play safety at the next level, a position he actually prefers. He will visit Clemson, South Carolina, and Georgia this fall. If the Bulldogs stay aggressive with Gamble he will be difficult to pull out of the Peach State.
9) Deantwan Whitehead - Things have slowed down quite a bit for Whitehead. He was once a soft commitment to Clemson, but he is now opened his recruiting back up. Clemson, Georgia, and Auburn remain the top three for Whitehead. Coach Swinney still has Clemson in good position with Whitehead, and Whitehead already has plans to return to Clemson for several games this fall.
10) DeAndre McDaniel - McDaniel is currently favoring Clemson. Coach Swinney has been working McDaniel, along with efforts from TJ Williams and Quentez Ruffin prior to leaving the Tallahassee area. Playing time is very important to McDaniel. McDaniel has not been shy about saying Clemson is the school to beat for his services. He expects to make his decision some time during the season.
11) Kiante Tripp - Coach Burns is working desperately to get Tripp on campus. Georgia and Florida are the favorites with Tripp, but Coach Burns could try and work his magic in the Atlanta area once again. The Tigers will need a strong season to impress Tripp. Tripp is a standout two-way lineman with a host of offers.