Mickey's new Blog brought to you by:
My numbers for scholarships may be off by one or two but I currently have 86 players on scholarship for the Tigers. They will have to get down to 85 by August but that will not be a problem.
I have decided to rank each player in his overall value to the 2006 team from 1-86. These numbers will change often but here is a stab at the list.
I am sure you will have some guys higher and some lower and remember this is supposed to be fun. I have included a comment about each player’s ranking.
Yesterday we gave you 86-45. Today, here is 64-44:
Clemson Football Top Rankings 64-44
64. Chris McDuffie-The move to offense has increased his stock. Very good run blocker.
63. Cortney Vincent-Maybe he has found his natural position. How he adapts to LB is important to this defense.
62. LaDonte Harris-Steady possession receiver.
61. Andrew Diamonde-Last year he was much lower but he continue to get better everyday.
60. Cullen Harper-He continues to improve and is now a solid back up.
59. Durrell Barry-The ability is there but the consistency is not. He will continue to climb.
58. Demerick Chancellor-His stock is up after a good spring. This offense has a role for him.
57. Jamarcus Grant-He will be counted on heavily after this season. Grant will see a lot of snaps in the future.
56. Chris Russell-I have not seen enough of Russell but he has only two years to prove it.
55. Roy Walker-Came on strong late in the spring. After the knee injury I thought he was done but he has fought his way back.
54. Sergio Gilliam-Great spring game has Gilliam back in the picture at Corner and Nickel.
53. Maurice Nelson-The light came on for Nelson. He now has a chance to help this LB corps.
52. Sadat Chambers-Solid safety that reminds us of Jamal Fudge, 51. Haydrian Lewis-If he was a little faster he would be ranked even higher.
50. Chris Clemens-We think he has found his home at safety. One of the best tacklers in the secondary.
49. Ray Ray McElrathbey-His open field ability as a returner has him ranked this high. Big upside.
48. Donnell Clark-An injury has Clark down a little. If he can come back strong look out for upward mobility.
47. Richard Jackson-Strong leg and opportunities in his future. We like his versatility.
46. Darius Gaither-Speed helps his chances to play early.
45. Jeremy Campbell-Very bright true freshman that will play a ton of snaps in the future.
44. Etta Etta-Tawo-Big upside to this interior defender. He has a nice spring early.
We would love to have some feedback with those players you would have ranked higher and lower.
Also, please visit our sponsors, Mr. Knickerbockers and George Coleman Ford. It is their patronage that keeps the blog free. We are adding more sponsors for this month as well. If you are interested in great advertising opportunities on the blog contact me @ email@example.com