Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Pete Yanity, Tim Bourret)
RPI: Clemson 74, NC State 96
Overall: NC State leads, 96-47
at Raleigh: NC State leads, 45-13
at RBC Center: Tied, 4-4
at Clemson: NC State leads, 31-29
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads, 22-17
at Neutral: NC State leads, 20-5
First Meeting: NC State won 22-15 in 1923-24
Last Meeting: Clemson won 60-50 at home on Jan. 25, 2011
Streak: Clemson has won six of the last seven meetings
Last NC State win: 59-57 in 2010 ACC Tournament
• Clemson is 16-0 this year when it shoots a higher field goal percentage than the opposition, and 10-0 when the Tigers shoot at least 50 percent from the field.
• Clemson has won three straight ACC games against teams coming off a victory. The Tigers are 3-4 this year against ACC teams coming off a loss. NC State is coming off a victory at Wake Forest.
• Clemson Head Coach Brad Brownell has already set a school record for ACC wins by a Tigers first year head coach with six. His 17 overall wins already rank third best for a Clemson first year head coach.
• Over the last 10 games, Demontez Stitt has averaged 3.6 points in the first half and 11.0 in the second half.
• Clemson leads the ACC in scoring defense, allowing 60.2 points per game. Clemson has a chance to become the first ACC team since 1996-97 (NC State) to hold opponents to 60 points per game or less.
• Andre Young has made at least one three-point goal in 26 straight games, including all 25 this year. The last team to hold him without a three-point goal was NC State, at the 2010 ACC Tournament. Young ranks fifth in the ACC in three-point goals per game, fourth in assist/turnover ratio, sixth in three-point percentage and 10th in steals/game. Young needs three three-point goals to reach 150 for his career.
• Stitt needs nine assists to reach 400 for his career.
• MIlton Jennings had 15 points and 12 rebounds against North Carolina, his first career double-double against an ACC team.
• Clemson has lost eight games this year and four of them have been decided by two points or less, three in the ACC alone.
• Clemson outrebounded North Carolina 47-36 in its last game, the best rebound margin for the Tigers in an ACC game this season.
• Clemson has won its last three games at NC State and six of the last seven overall. A win Thursday would give Clemson its second longest winning streak at the same road venue. The record is five straight road wins at Virginia in the 1960s.
• Tanner Smith is shooting 48 percent on three-point goals in ACC games (12-for-25).
Probable Starting Lineups
2 Demontez Stitt 6-2 180 Sr. G 2 Lorenzo Brown 6-4 175 Fr.
(13.9 PPG, 4.3 RPG) (9.6 PPG, 3.7 RPG)
11 Andre Young 5-9 175 Jr. G 12 Ryan Harrow 5-11 155 Fr.
(11.0 PPG, 3.2 APG) (10.4 PPG, 3.5 APG)
5 Tanner Smith 6-5 205 Jr. F 23 Tracy Smith 6-7 247 Sr.
(8.1 PPG, 3.7 RPG) (14.3 PPG, 5.6 RPG)
31 Devin Booker 6-8 245 So. F 15 Scott Wood 6-7 170 So.
(7.8 PPG, 5.4 RPG) (9.8 PPG, 3.0 RPG)
45 Jerai Grant 6-8 230 Sr. C 5 C.J. Leslie 6-8 210 Fr.
(12.3 PPG, 6.7 RPG) (11.1 PPG, 7.3 RPG)