Ranked among the top defensive players in the nation for IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.…IMG was 9-0 this year and ranked No. 2 in the nation by Max Preps…a finalist for the National Defensive Player of the Year Award by the US Army All-American game, that winner will be announced on Jan. 5…also finalist for the Anthony Munoz National Lineman of the Year…rated as the No. 3 overall player in the nation by ESPN.com and 247 Sports, he is the No. 4 overall player by Rivals.com…first-team USA Today All-American…the top player in the state of Florida by all three services and the top defensive end in the nation by all three…teammate of Clemson signee Mike Jones…will play in US Army All-America game January 6, 2018…played defensive line for Wilson High School in Florence, SC before transferring to IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla…had eight sacks, 21 tackles for loss and 59 total tackles as a true freshman playing on varsity at Wilson in 2014…also had 21 quarterback pressures…followed it up with nine sacks, 13 tackles for loss and 70 tackles at Wilson his sophomore year, 2015…also had some time at running back…had career high 20-209 rushing against Myrtle Beach…finished year with 59-568 and eight touchdowns, a 9.6 yards per carry figure…had 34 tackles and eight tackles for loss this past season at IMG Academy’s talented team in Bradenton, Fla…also had a blocked punt recovery for a touchdown in 2017…played just eight games at IMG…. competed at the 2017 The Opening hosted by Nike in Oregon…unanimous five-star recruit …played at IMG Academy for Kevin Wright… committed to the Tigers on 04/08/2017….recruited by Danny Pearman, Brent Venables and Todd Bates.
S T A T S
In 2014, he had 59 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, two forced fumbles and 8 sacks. He was named Max Preps Freshman All-Ameican. He runs an 4.54 40-yard dash (unconfirmed), has a 32 inch vertical, 285 pound bench press and a 385 pound squat.
- 5 months ago Clemson doesn't dispense many offers to sophomores, so when Myles Murphy received the news he knew it was special. The 4-star 2020 Powder Springs (GA) Hillgrove defensive end is the second-ranked defensive end and third overall player in the state of Georgia according to 247.
Full Story »
- 6 months ago A year ago at Clemson’s spring game, 5-star defensive end Xavier Thomas committed to the Tigers and he will play in today’s game. This morning, 2019 5-star wide receiver Frank Ladson out of Miami (FL) South Dade told wide receivers coach Jeff Scott and head coach Dabo Swinney that he wanted to be a part of Wide Receiver U.
Full Story »
- 7 months ago Clemson held another of its major spring practice scrimmages Wednesday and two of the Tigers' most coveted 2019 prospects were on hand. That includes linebacker Vonta Bentley, who says the Tigers are in a great spot. Full Story »
- 7 months ago Athletes, parents, and media all complained about the cold and blustery conditions at Buford High School Sunday afternoon, but if there was one person who didn’t seem to mind the 30-degree temperatures and gusty winds, it was 2019 defensive end Nolan Smith, who says Clemson is never far away from his thoughts. Full Story »
- 7 months ago Happy Sunday night to everyone. Hopefully, you’re finished with the NCAA Tournament and 60 minutes for the evening and we can talk recruiting. The Opening Regional in the Atlanta area was held Sunday, and we made our way to Buford High School for the chilly festivities.
Full Story »
- 8 months ago In the words of today’s youth, Clemson’s 2018 recruiting class is “ridiculous.” I would call it historic. The urban dictionary says “ridiculous” in today’s jargon means something that is memorable or something that is at the top level of greatness. Full Story »
- 8 months ago National Signing Day, the February edition, kicks off early Wednesday morning as the remaining recruits from across the country make their final decisions. That includes a group of six prospects that we are watching. Will Clemson get all six? Of course not. Will Clemson get shut out in tomorrow’s proceedings? I doubt it. Full Story »
- 9 months ago National Signing Day sits nine days away and while the Clemson coaching staff is out seeing 2019 and 2020 prospects they are also making a final push for the already-stacked 2018 class. Full Story »
- 9 months ago Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables has a missile he can throw at opposing offenses in defensive end Clelin Ferrell, who goes by the nickname CleMissile. With the addition of the 2018 recruiting class, Venables now has weapons of mass destruction.
Full Story »
- 9 months ago Xavier Thomas was mostly unblockable during this past week’s practice for the US Army All-American Bowl, and he was unblockable during the early portion of Saturday’s game. As a result, Thomas saw double and triple teams the rest of the afternoon. Welcome to the world of a superstar. Full Story »
- 9 months ago Several Clemson commits will play the final high school game of their careers Saturday, and one special quarterback will be the centerpiece. Eight members of Clemson’s 2018 recruiting class are competing in the U.S. Army All-American game in San Antonio, Texas (1 p.m., NBC). All of the players are on the East squad, led by quarterback Trevor Lawrence of Cartersville (Ga.).
Full Story »
- 10 months ago High school football players in the Class of 2018 were able to sign their National Letter of Intent months earlier than in the past. Instead of waiting until the 'traditional' National Signing Day - the first Wednesday in February – players had a three-day window from Dec. 20 to 22 to lock in their spots in the recruiting class. Dabo Siwnney is a big fan. Full Story »
- 10 months ago Wednesday was a good for the Clemson Tigers, and recruiting coordinator Brandon Streeter says it shows the Tigers can get anybody and everybody. The Tigers' recruiting footprint is also expanding.
Full Story »
- 10 months ago The winner of The Masters each April gets to don the green jacket. The happy head coach of the Clemson Tigers gets to wear a special orange jacket when he reels in a bumper crop of prospects. Full Story »
- 10 months ago A popular phrase in the foothills of South Carolina says that a Clemson man needs no introduction. KJ Henry fits the definition of a Clemson gentleman to the proverbial tee, and that was never more evident than during Henry’s signing ceremony Wednesday afternoon at his high school. Full Story »
- 10 months ago The biggest surprise of the early signing period might have been Jackson Carman committing to Clemson. How did the Tigers wind up with the best prospect in the state of Ohio? Full Story »
- 11 months ago Clemson football has had many big recruiting weekends, but this one may be the biggest, in terms of star power, under head coach Dabo Swinney. As far as official visits go, this may be the first time that Clemson has hosted five 5-star players in one weekend. Full Story »