A 6-3, 269-pounder who has the power to bull-rush offensive linemen but also has the speed to beat them off the edge. At a recent ESPN Scouting Combine, Thomas ran a 4.58-second 40-yard dash that was best out of all the nation’s defensive ends.
Clemson offered on 6/9/15. He wants to major in engineering in college.
S T A T S
In 2014, he had 59 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, two forced fumbles and 8 sacks. He was named Max Preps Freshman All-Ameican. He runs an 4.54 40-yard dash (unconfirmed), has a 32 inch vertical, 285 pound bench press and a 385 pound squat.
- 5 days ago Clemson football has had many big recruiting weekends, but this one may be the biggest, in terms of star power, under head coach Dabo Swinney. As far as official visits go, this may be the first time that Clemson has hosted five 5-star players in one weekend. Full Story »
- 3 weeks ago “Rain, sleet or snow, Tiger Nation they showed.” Those were head coach Dabo Swinney’s words in 2015 after the Notre Dame game, and once again Clemson fans showed up for Saturday night’s 24-10 victory over Georgia Tech in monsoon-like conditions. Recruits like 2019 5-star Bradenton (FL) IMG running back Noah Cain took notice of a fan base that shows up no matter the time or the weather. Full Story »
- 2 months ago Jackson Carman isn’t your typical football player. He likes to think things through, and that's why he made the decision to take his official visit to Clemson after the season. Full Story »
- 2 months ago Jordan McFadden committed to Virginia Tech back in July, but the thoughts of playing for Clemson was always in the back of his mind. Saturday's visit for the Auburn game gives him even more to think about.
Full Story »
- 2 months ago There was no shortage of talent on the field Saturday night in Death Valley, and there was no shortage of talent on the sidelines during pregame festivities. Two of the top players for the 2018 recruiting cycle, one in basketball and one in football, took the time to talk and Xavier Thomas told Zion Williamson he needed to come to Clemson and make history. Full Story »
- 2 months ago The stars will come out as the lights shine brightly on Death Valley Saturday night. High-profile football and basketball recruits will be on hand as the Tigers battle in Memorial Stadium. Full Story »
- 3 months ago Clemson hasn’t received a verbal commitment in a little over two months, and many of the fans are growing restless. They expect commitments to flow in on a regular schedule, and any variance from that routine causes angst and the board posts flow as people question the coaches and wonder what is wrong with recruiting? Full Story »
- 4 months ago July means cookouts, and the biggest of the summer will take place later today when head coach Dabo Swinney and the Clemson coaching staff host the All In Cookout, the final recruiting event of the summer. Full Story »
- 4 months ago K.J. Henry doesn’t get on Twitter and play one fan base against another, he doesn’t beg for retweets and followers and he doesn’t like to do interviews. Recruiting news on Henry is quiet despite the fact that he’s a 5-star and one of the most coveted defensive ends in the 2018 recruiting cycle. Full Story »
- 4 months ago I didn’t know what to think or expect when the bosses here at TigerNet made the decision to send me to Nike’s The Opening in Beaverton, Oregon. I’ve covered a lot of big games and events, but recruiting’s premier event was something I had never covered. Full Story »
- 5 months ago Jackson Carman has a decision to make a few days before July 21st. Until then, however, the nation’s number one offensive tackle is going to enjoy thinking about the things he learned, the fun he had and the people he met at Nike’s The Opening over the last week. Full Story »
- 5 months ago Every Tweet and every social media post that Xavier Thomas makes is watched by Clemson fans and college football fans, but the nation’s top recruit can’t always be taken seriously. Full Story »