A national top 100 player by ESPN.com, he ranks No. 88 nationally, second in the state of South Carolina and the fifth best defensive tackle in the nation by that website…rated No. 139 nationally by Rivals.com, who see Belk as third best player in the state and 11th best defensive tackle in the nation…played defensive tackle for Lewisville High School where he helped team to a 9-4 season and the third round of playoffs…All-Regional and All-State by High School Sports Report (for all classes) and Coaches Class A All-State…finished the year with 116 tackles, 34 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, seven caused fumbles, a recovered fumble and a pass deflection…probably had best game against Lamar with 10 tackles and three tackles for loss…named to the U.S. Army All-American Game…played his high school football at Lewisville for Will Mitchell…comes to Clemson from the same school that sent former Clemson All-ACC running back Wesley McFadden and former Clemson and NFL linebacker Michael Barber to Clemson…lettered in basketball as a freshman and sophomore…committed to the Tigers on 01/29/2017…recruited by Jeff Scott and Todd Bates.
S T A T S
He has benched pressed 355 pounds and squatted 400 pounds.
- 2 weeks ago Several Clemson commits will play the final high school game of their careers Saturday, and one special quarterback will be the centerpiece. Eight members of Clemson’s 2018 recruiting class are competing in the U.S. Army All-American game in San Antonio, Texas (1 p.m., NBC). All of the players are on the East squad, led by quarterback Trevor Lawrence of Cartersville (Ga.).
Full Story »
- 2 months ago Clemson football has had many big recruiting weekends, but this one may be the biggest, in terms of star power, under head coach Dabo Swinney. As far as official visits go, this may be the first time that Clemson has hosted five 5-star players in one weekend. Full Story »
- 4 months ago The stars will come out as the lights shine brightly on Death Valley Saturday night. High-profile football and basketball recruits will be on hand as the Tigers battle in Memorial Stadium. Full Story »
- 7 months ago Monday afternoon at 3 p.m., Clemson players and coaches were standing on the steps of The White House with President Donald Trump, celebrating a National Championship. At the same time Tuesday, all of the above were back at work at head coach Dabo Swinney’s high school camp while looking for prospects that can make another run at a title. Full Story »
- 8 months ago Clemson coaches came off the road for a few days earlier this week, but that doesn’t mean things have slowed down on the recruiting front as the Tigers made some new offers and made the top group for several high-profile prospects. Full Story »
- 8 months ago It isn’t easy being inconspicuous in a small town, but it’s even harder when you stand well over six feet, weigh in at 282 pounds and are committed to the defending national champions. Full Story »
- 8 months ago Several of the state’s top prospects convened at Ridgeview High School Sunday as part of the 2017 EPT Football Skills Showcase, including 2019 defensive end prospect Zacch Pickens.
Full Story »
- 9 months ago 2018 defensive tackle commit Josh Belk (Lewisville) was recently on campus for a visit to Clemson`s spring game and came away knowing his decision to commit to the Tigers in late January was the right one for him and his family. Full Story »
- 9 months ago Xavier Thomas had been telling the coaches for a few days now that he wanted to be a Clemson Tiger, but he nearly caused head coach Dabo Swinney to choke on his food when he committed Saturday morning. Full Story »
- 9 months ago The scouting services might disagree on who the number one player in the 2018 recruiting cycle happens to be, but everyone can agree that the Clemson coaching staff is building on the momentum of a National Championship and assembling a monster class. Full Story »
- 9 months ago Seventy thousand leaves a better impression than 12,000. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney has said repeatedly that he wants 70,000-plus fans to pack Death Valley for Saturday’s Orange & White Game with some of the nation’s top talent converging on Memorial Stadium. Full Story »
- 12 months ago Just when you think it can’t get any better, it does. Clemson played host to several of the nation's top prospects this past weekend, and walked away with commitments from the state's top two prospects for 2018.
Full Story »