Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson held to season-low scoring in loss at Wake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson held to season-low scoring in loss at Wake

Feb 1, 2020, 10:06 PM

Clemson held to season-low scoring in loss at Wake

Clemson was held to its lowest scoring output of the season in a 56-44 loss at Wake Forest on Saturday. A streaky start to the second half gave Wake Forest, the Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are consistently inconsistent***

Feb 1, 2020, 10:23 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: We are consistently inconsistent***

Feb 1, 2020, 10:56 PM

Yup!

Re: We are consistently inconsistent***

Feb 1, 2020, 11:20 PM [ in reply to We are consistently inconsistent*** ]

Very frustrating , but another winnable game where we went long stretches looking really bad at basketball .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

ie. Tevin Mack ... 32 points, then next game 2 points!***

Feb 2, 2020, 12:10 AM [ in reply to We are consistently inconsistent*** ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson held to season-low scoring in loss at Wake

Feb 2, 2020, 12:30 AM

Anyone remember the years that there was no shot clock? The players would just stand there and not even move. This game reminded me of those years, except all the players were shooting a lot and hitting nothing. Not sure about the shot clock thing, but I can remember playing certain teams that would simply not even attempt to score for long periods, and maybe score less than 10 points each half. They had to change the game. Maybe they need to make more changes, and if both teams go 3-5 minutes without scoring a single point together, just call the game and go home and stop wasting everyone's time.

Feb 2, 2020, 1:45 AM

Kinda like Dean Smith and North Carolina's famous four corner offense that they would run back in the 70's and 80's and never had a shot clock to deal with.They would pass it around for some times well over 3 or 4 minutes until they caught you off guard by passing inside to an open player near the basket.That is the kind of stuff that got the shot clock started.

Clemson not held by Wake but just can not shoot at all.

Feb 2, 2020, 7:49 AM

Wake did hold us.You must to the ball in the basket!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 7:52 AM

I've seen some ugly , low energy Clemson Basketball games, but this one could win the most ugly. If the starters don't want to play, then clear the bench. This was appalling. I did not recognize this team at all. Very poor energy, spunk, and lack luster. Light a fire Brad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 8:01 AM

We shot 30% from the field, 19% from 3pt, and 66% from the line. Hard to overcome that. We had a similar number of steals, turnovers, and rebounds as Wake. I guess we just can't shoot and we dont have anyone inside. We could use a Sharone Wright inside. Then again, I guess most teams could. When we arent hitting our 3's we are in trouble. Only reason imo that we escaped Cuse was that their big men fouled out.

Isn't drive/penetrate the way to break down a zone defense?

Feb 2, 2020, 12:05 PM

I thought that this was basketball offense 101? Even if we don't have the most gifted ball handlers, we still needed to try. As a football analogy, if the opposing team defense is stacking the box, the offense still has to go long every now and then even if they aren't really good at it. I watched about the first 10 minutes of the game and got sick of watching our offense pass the ball around the 3-point arc with the Wake defense expending very little energy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic