Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Six Clemson players named to All-ACC team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,209

FB Update: Six Clemson players named to All-ACC team

Dec 1, 2014, 3:11 PM

Six Clemson players named to All-ACC team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Six Clemson players named to All-ACC team

Dec 1, 2014, 3:27 PM

Actually seems a bit low, Mackenzie Alexander only being honorable mention in particular.

Fact is, of the top 12 D-linemen in the ACC, Clemson probably has eight of them. Any player from our 2-deep on the DL would be starting for any other team in the conference, and for probably 95% of the teams in the country. They're that good. Also think Tony Steward deserved a mention; he's quietly gotten as impactful as Anthony over the last half of the season. And how did they not even notice Jayron Kearse?

first team qb goes to the man with the most int's***

Dec 1, 2014, 3:28 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marquise Williams?

Dec 1, 2014, 3:40 PM

MARQUISE FREAKIN WILLIAMS???

He didn't even have 100 yards passing on NC STATE. How is he 2nd team all ACC?

Shows how bad the QB position was this year.....

Dec 1, 2014, 4:06 PM

I keep trying to think of guys better than him. Obviously Watson was better if he played enough, but since he didn't, he's not up there.
Wake and VT had bad QBs. Syracuse ended up with their 3rd string guy. The Pitt guy wasn't good. The UVA QB wasn't terrible, but was not as good as Williams. Louisville had injuries and started a few different guys. I don't even know who Miami's QB is, which probably means he wasn't that good.

The only guys who might have a case would be BC's QB (who can only run) and maybe Duke's QB (assuming he was decent this year and they won 9 games). NCSU's QB was OK, but Williams probably had better overall stats since they scored a lot of points most weeks. GT's QB made 3rd string running the option..that should also tell you something.

Our WRs got the shaft with Stoudt at QB

Dec 1, 2014, 3:45 PM

With DW, we'd have Mike Williams and maybe a few others pretty high on this WR list. The talent is there.

Peters 2nd team All ACC. He made himself a player

Dec 1, 2014, 4:05 PM

this year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Cole Stoudt? :-) But he had a great week of practice!***

Dec 1, 2014, 4:08 PM

Congrats to our guys. Well deserved. Obviously team

Dec 1, 2014, 4:08 PM

defense with our #1 D in the country warranting 4 on the 3 deep conference defense team while the crimiNoles land 7 (???). More FSU kiss up. Sorry, just have to rant a little.

Re: Congrats to our guys. Well deserved. Obviously team

Dec 1, 2014, 7:11 PM

If its the truth, its not a rant is it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 5:23 PM

Shaq Lawson should be somewhere. Second on the team in TFLs with probably 1/3 or 1/4 of the snaps as some of the other guys.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:28 PM

My thoughts, too. He'll get plenty of recognition next year as one of the markee players in the front 7.

If I had to choose next year's defensive impact players, it's hard to pick against the trio of Lawson, Kearse & Alexander...although I'm sure Reader, Watkins & Boulware will have something to say about that.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:26 PM

3 starters and 3 more as alternates on defense (1 of whom was a freshman this year). Unreal.

My only regret is that Lawson and Crawford had to split snaps and there's not a 3rd DE position on the roster.

I hope we all enjoyed it. That's the best defense we're probably going to see for a while, although I hope I'm proven wrong.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,209
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic