Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney previews UNC talks special teams and kicking game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney previews UNC talks special teams and kicking game

Sep 23, 2014, 12:19 PM

Swinney previews UNC talks special teams and kicking game

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney reviewed the loss at Florida St., previewed this week's game against UNC and talked about special teams and the kicking game during his weekly Tuesday press conference. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Favorite Quote

Sep 23, 2014, 12:39 PM

I remember we came back from Georgia Tech a few years ago and Tajh had a rough game and we were 8-0. We came back and his house was egged. He came in all upset. Coach Morris told him 'Coach Swinney threw the first carton and I threw the second carton." It's a tough thing for young people. Nobody likes criticism. People are passionate about it but that's crossing the line.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney previews UNC talks special teams and kicking game

Sep 23, 2014, 1:10 PM

Really sad to hear about threats on Norton especially since his play ended up meaning very little. We picked the ball off, marched down the field right after and ended up taking the lead regardless. For people to make death threats on such a young player is disappointing. Not a true representation of clemson fans

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2014, 3:59 PM

Amen!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where was the followup question about non review..

Sep 23, 2014, 1:12 PM

What does he mean he didn't have the info up top like he normally does? Who fell down on the job? Someone needs to ask that question. That run should have been challenged and reviewed.

Sep 23, 2014, 1:18 PM

Somebody dropped the ball on the replay of CJ's TD. It was clear as anything I've ever seen. They must have been looking at something g different than what we saw on TV

Very non answer, answer on the review

Sep 23, 2014, 1:25 PM

That falls squarely on Dabo. Esp when you're team is rushing to get the next play off. Gotta have someone solely responsible for that

Just win the rest of the frig'in games

Sep 23, 2014, 1:36 PM

that INCLUDES the Chickens ... losing that last game was inexcusable ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are we in shotgun with 1st and goal inside the 1?***

Sep 23, 2014, 3:15 PM

Re: Why are we in shotgun with 1st and goal inside the 1?***

Sep 23, 2014, 4:03 PM

Did you not read what Dabo said here and what Morris said earlier?
Watson is not comfortable with under-center snaps yet (fumbled one the prior Thursday) and under-center is not our natural offense. Sounds like they will get Watson more comfortable with that in time and open that option for our offense. Till then it sounds as though the coaches made the right choice.
But then the center made a bad play. The coaches can't predict that any more than they can predict a very good kicker shanking two short field goals. Nobody likes it, but it just is what it is.

Uh, put Stoudt in for one dang play to sneak it or hand it

Sep 23, 2014, 5:51 PM

off while being under center. It's fair criticism and our coaches just f1ucked up here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then ask Dabo and Chad

Sep 23, 2014, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are we in shotgun with 1st and goal inside the 1?*** ]

Why Watson was under center for the first play of overtime. Did they do a crash course in snaps on the sideline or is this like the Matrix and they just download the program to DW?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2014, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are we in shotgun with 1st and goal inside the 1?*** ]

The shotgun does not make sense in that situation period. Fumbles happen, kicks are missed but the short yardage game must improve. The game really should not have been close IMO.

Sep 24, 2014, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are we in shotgun with 1st and goal inside the 1?*** ]

Personally, I am a little tired of everyone questioning formations and play calls. Football, like any sport, is a game of execution. Let's go back to the Georgia game where everyone's favorite QB, Deshaun Watson put it between two defenders to Charone Peak for his first career touchdown. Now, if that ball was a pick or knocked down, everyone would have been clammering. But because it was a heck of a throw, we all deemed him (myself included) the "Great One." If the snap was perfect and we scored, we aren't saying anything about it.

This game came down to 1 of 3 on FGs. That is all.....

Cameras didn't show ball so TD wouldn't have been overturned

Sep 23, 2014, 3:48 PM

I don't know that I've ever seen a call reversed in college when the coach challenged. It would have been a bad use of a time-out, IMHO.

Saving them to never use them was better....***

Sep 24, 2014, 5:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic