Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not a happy post, read at your own risk.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Not a happy post, read at your own risk.

Jul 25, 2023, 5:41 PM

The end is near for Papa G's sis. Hospice coming tomorrow to talk with us. F Cancer.

Been a little more than 3 years since her diagnosis and we knew this was coming as this is one that is not detected early usually and not one that gets beat by drugs or chemo much. Time goes by so fast. Please check the symptoms of ovarian cancer for your female loved ones, it really gets missed a lot until it is too late.

So, just some good thoughts for her would be appreciated, she has been so strong during treatment. Lots of great memories for me now, and I am going to miss her so much. We dealt with our elders together and neither of us could have done it without the other. We have been a good team for quite a while.

Just feels like I have to share this for some reason, now before the end, it is therapy I guess. Anyway, I'll be here and update at some point, in the meantime, enjoy life, it is precious.

Papa G

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ts &Ps for sis!***

Jul 25, 2023, 5:42 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry you're going through this.

Jul 25, 2023, 5:44 PM

I've lost a dear cousin to cancer and my step father who was a wonderful man. It makes a man feel like life is fatal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know that helpless feeling all to well

Jul 25, 2023, 5:46 PM

I can’t tell you it will get better, but it does get different.

I hope at least your experience with hospice is as supportive as ours was.

All good thoughts go to you and your sis

F Cancer indeed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Prayers for your family.***

Jul 25, 2023, 5:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, prayers for you all.***

Jul 25, 2023, 5:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a happy post, read at your own risk.

Jul 25, 2023, 6:01 PM

So sorry. Thoughts and prayers for your sister, you and your family.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry to hear. Ts&Ps main.***

Jul 25, 2023, 6:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry, friend.

Jul 25, 2023, 6:15 PM

I am grateful that it sounds like you have built up a wealth of good memories with her and that you’ve gotten a chance to say goodbyes properly. Prayers for her, you, and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry to hear. get to the point you need a break, let

Jul 25, 2023, 6:19 PM

me know and we'll find a beer or cut make some sawdust.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry to hear.

Jul 25, 2023, 6:27 PM

I love you my friend.

Sorry to hear that, Padre

Jul 25, 2023, 6:35 PM

Ts and Ps

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Always hate reading cancer stories!

Jul 25, 2023, 8:06 PM

Ts & Ps for you and yourn. Sorry to hear!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry. Thoughts and prayers for you all.***

Jul 25, 2023, 8:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

so sorry to hear this news

Jul 25, 2023, 8:43 PM

prayers to you and family.

#F U C K CANCER

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sorry, man. T's and P's for your sis.***

Jul 25, 2023, 8:54 PM

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for strength and peace

Jul 25, 2023, 8:59 PM

for her and you and the entire family.

Well it was an update we knew was coming. Thankfully the

Jul 25, 2023, 9:01 PM

Hospice people are excellent. Glad you shared the update before the end, I know I posted plenty about hard-headed SIL who died of pancreatic cancer. Glad you were close and have a lot of memories. Thoughts and prayers for her and all of you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry to hear that. Ts and Ps for you all.***

Jul 25, 2023, 9:09 PM

I’m so sorry, G.

Jul 25, 2023, 10:01 PM

Prayers for your sis and your family.

You and sis get all the good vibes tonight my friend.

Jul 25, 2023, 10:08 PM

Stay strong, and lean on us if you need. That's one of the Jounge's best traits.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So very sorry Padre. So sorry. And a quick

Jul 25, 2023, 10:09 PM

question, please:

Tigress hasn’t been feeling great - what do they test / how is it best for early detection ?

Blood work has come back “clean” of markers ….. a bit of elevated white blood cell count ……

How do they specifically go looking for ovarian before it becomes huge ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Good questions.***

Jul 25, 2023, 11:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blood work is how they found it

Jul 26, 2023, 7:31 AM [ in reply to So very sorry Padre. So sorry. And a quick ]

by a fluke, she was seen by a different doc during one of her visits, first doc kept thinking she had UTI and was giving drugs. 2nd doc suspected something so ordered blood work. Weird thing is first doc was a female doc, but did not pick up on symptoms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the response - any specific thing they zero’d in

Jul 26, 2023, 8:13 AM

on in the blood work ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Good question.

Jul 26, 2023, 5:05 PM

That I never asked her. I do know that the blood work triggered scans which showed the cancer.

Very sorry to hear this.

Jul 25, 2023, 11:22 PM

I imagine it's been a sweet/sad three years. How is she doing emotionally? Let us know when it happens.
Father G®

She has handled the C like a trooper

Jul 26, 2023, 6:43 AM

and fought as hard as she could, you would never know she had it. Now she is not in pain but in a fog and very out of it. She sleeps and dozes a lot but says no pain. Hard to see her like this.

Big hug for ya, friend.

Jul 26, 2023, 1:41 AM

I love my little sis and hope I have 3 or 4 more decades with her, but you're right...nothing is guaranteed. Good thoughts to you guys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2023, 6:45 AM

I will be praying for her my friend. I hope the family can find peace during this time. Cancer sucks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Really sorry man...Ts&Ps***

Jul 26, 2023, 7:51 AM

Jul 26, 2023, 8:43 AM

So sorry to hear this. You're right - F cancer.

Ts and Ps Papa G

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ovarian is the worst......

Jul 26, 2023, 8:06 PM

No way out. Sorry to hear. Just lost a cousin to bladder cancer. Cuck fancer.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic