Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The alarmists have put themselves in a box
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

The alarmists have put themselves in a box

Jul 11, 2020, 2:11 PM

With a vaccine being their only way out. Eventually, barring a vaccine, they will have to move on with their loved and accept the risk and do the very things they are vilifying the rest of us for.

Again, as I’ve asked numerous times, what is your outward time limit before you move on with life? The answer simply can’t be indefinite, there has to be an outward limit of this until we move on. Vaccine can’t be a timeless objective that we keep hoping for.

Eventually you have to give up and move on. The notion you can shut down business and everyone’s lives and float the system on funny money is beyond absurdity.

The other ridiculous thing I keep seeing is “low risk isn’t zero risk” and for the 100th tome I’ll ask, since when is zero risk the standard? You are setting a standard YOU won’t live by. Zero risk is coming up now because the mortality rate is drastically lower then early models projected. Zero risk is absurd. You don’t live by that standard or is the suggestion now we wear masks and shelter in place forever for flu and cold because those are not zero risk?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The alarmists have put themselves in a box

Jul 11, 2020, 2:20 PM

Well It looks like a lot of people have moved on! They have determined that if I get I get it! 2265 new SC cases today! For us 99% we be ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more ridiculous thing I keep seeing is people who

Jul 11, 2020, 2:21 PM

start non-Clemson football threads on this board.

Covid19 has everything to do with Clemson Football right now

Jul 11, 2020, 3:44 PM

UNFORTUNATELY.

Re: Covid19 has everything to do with Clemson Football right now

Jul 11, 2020, 6:23 PM

I think Nordic is talking about LbB and his flagrant disregard for bored rules

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Covid19 has everything to do with Clemson Football right now

Jul 11, 2020, 7:48 PM

Hey hey hey , don’t mess with Bill .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One more ridiculous thing I keep seeing is people who

Jul 11, 2020, 7:41 PM [ in reply to One more ridiculous thing I keep seeing is people who ]

Tigernet is a sports site not a football site.

My thought is that we should show that we can handle

Jul 11, 2020, 2:35 PM

normal activities like work, groceries, and going out to eat before we consider things with large groups of people like school, sports, etc.

The recent spike in cases lately shows that we aren’t there yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: My thought is that we should show that we can handle

Jul 11, 2020, 3:03 PM

And it’s going to spike whenever you do more so barring a vaccine you have to eventually accept that spike. Is your end game vacccine? No spike is a false choice, it’s “spike when?” That’s the choice unless you are let out of your box with a vaccine.

Ideally, people would build their immune systems

Jul 11, 2020, 4:39 PM

so that their body is equipped to fight COVID without complications. But that involves things like not being overweight, exercising regularly, having optimal vitamin and mineral levels, minimizing/controlling stress, and not developing chronic health issues.

As we know, about 3/4ths of the U.S. adult population is overweight or obese. Most people don’t exercise. Most over age 50 have at least one chronic condition and are on at least one prescription medication.

When viewed this way, COVID isn’t our problem. Being unhealthy is, and COVID is exposing it big time.

So since you asked, that’s my preferred solution. But it isn’t easy, and it isn’t likely. So my next hope is that the virus dies out on its own. If people were diligent about staying home as much as possible, and wearing a mask anytime they go out, we wouldn’t be in nearly the situation we are. Other countries who have done a much better job at that are evidence that this is the case.

Vaccine is my least preferred solution because I don’t think a vaccine is likely. If it is, it will be rushed to market without much testing (and zero long-term safety evidence).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People need to be perfect like me and the Judge here

Jul 11, 2020, 6:31 PM

GMAB

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Ideally, people would build their immune systems

Jul 12, 2020, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Ideally, people would build their immune systems ]

Agree with 95% of what you say. I am more optimistic about the prospects of a vaccine. Heard yesterday in a seminar this virus is more stable than influenza and a vaccine should be efficacious. We should learn from folks across the pond.

Jul 12, 2020, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Ideally, people would build their immune systems ]

Agree with 95% of what you say. I am more optimistic about the prospects of a vaccine. Heard yesterday in a seminar this virus is more stable than influenza and a vaccine should be efficacious. We should learn from folks across the pond.

Jul 11, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to My thought is that we should show that we can handle ]

I'd add College Football to that list of normal activities, on the left side of your statement.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 4:39 PM [ in reply to My thought is that we should show that we can handle ]

You have to have an acceptable level in mind ...... curious what it is! One or two people started this whole things. If there are still one or two people out there with it why can't it start back up the same way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, cases not going up dramatically over the last month would be a nice start.

Jul 11, 2020, 4:49 PM

If case numbers kept trending down I would feel better about having a season.

Re: Well, cases not going up dramatically over the last month would be a nice start.

Jul 11, 2020, 5:19 PM

The problem is the cases are not going up near what are being told, It is way off.

So you think the new cases being detected aren’t real?

Jul 11, 2020, 6:38 PM

What’s your basis for that? False positive test results? Testing fraud? Big government and/or big pharma conspiracy? New stations making up numbers?

Re: So you think the new cases being detected aren’t real?

Jul 11, 2020, 8:31 PM

How about: there's probably 10x the number of actual cases out there already than there are confirmed. Even if not one more person ever got infected we could still uncover 20 million "new" positive antibody tests. Obviously people are still getting infected, but how many of the new positive tests are for new, active cases versus antibody positives?

“Officials estimate over 6% of US population are infected. Over 20 million people may have been infected with the coronavirus…”

“Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC he believes there continues to be a significant number of unreported coronavirus cases in the U.S. He suggested as many as 1 in 150 people in the country could be infected. We must have well over 700,000 infections a day, even though we’re only diagnosing about 60,000,” Gottlieb said on “Squawk Box.”

“Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said on June 25 that the real number of Americans who’ve gotten the coronavirus is probably 10 times higher than the agency’s official count. “Our best estimate right now is that for every case that’s reported, there actually are 10 other infections,” he said. By that day, the US had recorded 2.3 million cases. Redfield’s assessment would make the true number 23 million.

“MIT researchers, similarly, calculated that by June 18, around 17.5 million people in the US had gotten COVID-19 — around eight times the official number on that date. And a study published in the journal Science found that the US probably saw around 8.7 million coronavirus cases in the last three weeks of March alone, though only 100,000 were officially counted during that time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, cases not going up dramatically over the last month would be a nice start.

Jul 11, 2020, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, cases not going up dramatically over the last month would be a nice start. ]

Math was a subject back in the good old days when I was in school. Sorry you missed those classes.

what are the % of total tested?

Jul 11, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Well, cases not going up dramatically over the last month would be a nice start. ]

Cases going up means nothing on it's own.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Like so much of what Trumps says

Jul 11, 2020, 6:35 PM

it's a fat lie. While we are at it, not testing and wishing it go away on it's own is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of. That's not leadership.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you think slowing the rate now will save football season

Jul 11, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Well, cases not going up dramatically over the last month would be a nice start. ]

in spite of the fact cases will go up once sports start en masse? What is slowing going to do to eradicate it, unless we completely lock everything and everyone down until there's a vaccine? What ia your logic, and I repeat, logic, not feelings.

The entirety of my posts on this topic have been based on logic

Jul 12, 2020, 11:02 AM

and not emotion.

Saying you want to have a football season regardless
of case numbers and potentially deaths going up is the definition of emotion and not logic.

Re: The entirety of my posts on this topic have been based on logic

Jul 12, 2020, 11:13 AM

Definitely not going to get numbers from the media, however I do listen to the Nurses in the family and people I know that have received false test results. Be gullible all you want and believe the 1000 to 2000 a day numbers being pushed every day, I won’t think you are a bad person due to it. But god forbid if you don’t believe in it you are ignorant in most of your minds. It’s like most of you really want Doom and Gloom and to live in a Box forever.

At least we have now proved the masks work.

Jul 11, 2020, 2:35 PM

All the mandates in the low country have helped keep the case numbers down

Jul 11, 2020, 3:08 PM

Many will be saying “what virus” after November 3rd. Sad but irrefutable.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can think of 137,211 people who won't be saying that***

Jul 11, 2020, 3:44 PM

Re: I can think of 137,211 people who won't be saying that***

Jul 11, 2020, 9:32 PM

What did you do when H1N1 flu was killing 60-90k people in 2017/18?

"CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2017–2018 season was high with an estimated 45 million people getting sick with influenza, 21 million people going to a health care provider, 810,000 hospitalizations, and 61,000 deaths from influenza"

Up to 90k may have died since there was no requirement to report H1N1 deaths as H1N1 deaths.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 3:09 PM

The original goal was to mitigate the virus so as to not overwhelm the hospital system. Originally, it was not to eliminate the virus.

Jul 11, 2020, 3:54 PM

what is alarming is that the people who covet Clemson football the most also seem dead set on seeing that the season is never played.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slowing the spread is useless unless you believe

Jul 11, 2020, 3:54 PM

a vaccine is very near.

Unless there is a very effective vaccine in 5he near future, then simply ‘slowing the spread’ is just another way of sayin that we are simply delaying the inevitable.

Re: Slowing the spread is useless unless you believe

Jul 11, 2020, 4:12 PM

Oral antivirals are nearer. -er.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not over-running the hospitals dude...

Jul 11, 2020, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Slowing the spread is useless unless you believe ]

In Bogota, Colombia they are monitoring the ICU bed percentage. It's up to 80% now triggering more lock-downs and more measures in certain hot spot areas of Bogota.

The president is a conservative and there is no debating or refusing to wear a mask here. I think part of it is the close family structure and compassion for those who are vulnerable including grandparents and the like.

Like the New Zealand PM said, "I just don't understand the USA (COVID response issue)." I can't say I don't agree with her. They got it right and now enjoying rugby with zero cases.

We are staring at no football =(.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. We cannot live in caves until a vaccine.

Jul 11, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Slowing the spread is useless unless you believe ]

Slowing it only delays the inevitable, and we simply cannot expect to survive as a country with bold, closures and cancelling "slow down" mandates in effect until a vaccine is created. A vaccine may take 6 months or 6 years. I don't think we even have enough funny money in the system or human sanity left to keep everone and everything afloat for 6 months, obviously let alone 6 years. It is more important to go forward. It is critically vital.

The Chinese have several vaccines in phase III testing

Jul 12, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Slowing the spread is useless unless you believe ]

US companies will have some in Phase III testing soon. UK has 1 in Phase III testing too.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting read

Jul 11, 2020, 4:08 PM

I can see you are a Trump supporter - one who has decided that doing anything at all to mitigate the virus is too much to ask and we should just get on with the dying and let the chips fall where they may.

An alternative fact is that if we all, everyone of us, locked down for 6-8 weeks we could have statistics like New Zealand who has no new cases. But because the fool in the White House decided this virus was about him and his re-election and the hell with the citizens, well because of all that the past 4 months of hell is all for naught. We've achieved nothing because so many of you who love to talk with teary eyes about the greatest generation can't wear a #### mask to Walmart. Governors get bullied into opening up by the chump-in-chief and Fox news fools spread the idea that this is all a hoax to hurt Trump - well we get super-spreader events and skyrocketing cases. Thanks a lot.

What did Trump call it in his inaugural speech ... oh yeah, American Carnage. He delivered on that promise.

Re: Interesting read

Jul 11, 2020, 4:13 PM

I can see you paint people by political offiliation. Lay off the CNN, you'll be less paranoid.

Disclaimer-
I am not Republican. I do not watch Fox News.

Jul 11, 2020, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Interesting read ]

Do you ever drive or ride in a car? 140,000 vs 2.25 million. Do you ever eat fast food? 600,000 die each year from heart disease. God forbid you get cancer. Look it up since your “news” source won’t enlighten you. Now are you ready to cancel our National Championship year over this overhyped virus? And you don’t think prolonging this hype and hysteria until November wouldn’t help a certain political party would you. Spot the #### ball.

Jul 11, 2020, 7:17 PM

You think 2.25 million people died in a car accident since the outbreak of Covid? Either you’ve got a really bad source or you are comparing years of auto fatalities to months of Covid fatalities, not a relevant comparison.

Just put on a mask and quit blaming the democrats. The logical gymnastics some of you people go through to blame either political party baffles me.

Jul 11, 2020, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting read ]

Don’t you think a lot of dems who would rather have their kids be able to start back to school and have football season on time ?

Jul 11, 2020, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Interesting read ]

Every person in the country has the freedom to make their own decisions on everything. Yet you blame the president for.....everything. Pathetic.

It's useless. Trump did say he could shoot a man on 5th ave

Jul 11, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Interesting read ]

and his base would still support him. His lack of leadership has caused far more damage and they argue about wearing masks, SMH.

You can see the same thing carried out in Brazil with that idiot, Bolsonaro, who refused to admit there was a problem at all and ignored it completely.

The two countries who handled COVID-19 far worst than any other (numbers don't lie)...wait for it... Brazil and USA.

NEVER thought I would ever be comparing the Brazilian banana republic to the USA. But what is worse than that is the pure lack of compassion for 130K dead Americans and many more to come.

Jul 11, 2020, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Interesting read ]

Settle down Beavis. Let me drop a few points on you to consider:

1. Trump is not in charge viral transmission
2. Relative to an equally deadly flu season, if an accurate count was made, the total number of cases is comparatively small. There were 50-60 MILLION cases of flu last year. And 50-60k deaths
3. Relative to all causes of death, the C-virus is in the lower 3rd in the Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

Heart disease: 647,457.
Cancer: 599,108.
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936.
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201.
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383.
Alzheimer's disease: 121,404.
Diabetes: 83,564.
Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672.

4. While it seems that the transmissibility of C-virus is fairly robust, it’s mortality rate appears to be quite low I’m non-high risk patient populations. The exact mortality rate is difficult to determine due to ongoing increases in tests (increase in the denominator) and questionable mortality data.

My point is that it’s not the end of the world. Yes, we should do all the things that make sense to protect the at risk groups but we also have to live our lives in some semblance of normalcy. This likely will not be the last pandemic( or whatever you want to call
It) And we can’t stop life as we know it each time. Keep in mind there have been pandemics in the past, far worse that this but this is the first time in the history of our planet that the response has been to “shut things down”.

I would ask you, why do you thing that is?

Go Tigers!

Trump is responisble.

Jul 12, 2020, 9:45 AM

1. He ignored the "pandemic playbook" built for this.

2. Denied the whole things for weeks. Even called it a hoax (HIS words).

3. Defunded and dismantled the pandemic team put in place by Obama.

4. STILL doesn't have effective test and trace system on a Federal level.

Trump is responsible. Period. Look at other countries and look at Brazil.

Brazil has an alt-right, anti-science president (sound familiar?). No coincidence we are the two countries who handled COVID-19 the worst.

Yet, with 3M+ cases, 134K+ dead there are people on Tnet arguing effectiveness of masks and calling people "alarmists", crazy.

Jul 11, 2020, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Interesting read ]

Great comment on working together!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Interesting read ]

No this spike has happened because idiots like you think it’s just ok to gather in large groups to protest over really nothing.
But it’s terrible to open the economy back up.
You see people like you are the reason this country is going to H ELL

Jul 11, 2020, 4:12 PM

I just don’t understand why people are so stubborn...Fauci or whatever his name is, is the expert and he said early on...1/3 of Americans will be infected and 1.5-3% will die...that’s roughly 100 million plus infected and 150k-300k deaths...period...no matter what we do...this happens...it just a matter of what the time frame is!!! The only thing we have been trying to do is ... do everything we can to slow the rate of infection to buy us some time in hopes of a vaccine...slowing the rate of infection until we develop a vaccine (and that part certainly isn’t a given) is the only thing that will make those numbers any better...this is not rocket science nor political science...and it’s really not that hard to understand!!!

Jul 11, 2020, 5:51 PM

Fauci never said 1/3 of all americans will be infected in the beginning.

Jul 11, 2020, 6:17 PM

Yes he did...he said up 25-30% if we don’t do what we should do...you do the 25-30% math on our total population...we haven’t done what we should have done...we’ve pretty much done it half ####...half do ... half don’t...it’s like our elections...half bit republican...half vote democrats...certain districts through the country determine which party actually wins.....except when you do a virus Hal #### then it’s pretty much like doing nothing...whatever ends up happening is exactly what we deserve as a society...I’m ok with whatever...worse thing that can happen to me is that I die... prepared for that so no worries here...but let there be no mistake...we will reap exactly what we have sowed and it doesn’t have one #### thing to do with dems or repubs or an election...it’s more about ignorance and simple selfishness...
And ohh btw...they will try their hardest to make it happen but there will be NO football or at least not a completed season...mark it down!!!

Jul 11, 2020, 5:42 PM

I agree with many of these comments: for example, we take serious risks everyday driving/riding in a car, sending our young children on a school bus, boating, or swimming. We scuba dive, fly in airplanes, play sports---in an average year, 2,800,000 Americans die. Granted, Covid19 is a bad virus but is it worth destroying our country and world over?
The bottom line is that the elderly and those of us with serious illnesses should stay away from other people, but the rest of us need to return to our normal lives.

Jul 11, 2020, 5:52 PM

You've lost your mind.

Why won’t anyone answer his question instead of deflecting?

Jul 11, 2020, 6:14 PM

I’ll make it easy for you:

What are you willing to do and for how long? Here are some options:

A) continue status quo (basically masks, physical distancing, limited restaurant seating and no mass gathering, I.e. sports) for 1 year

B) Option A for 2-3 years

C) Option A for 3+ years up to forever

D) Normal with elderly/sick taking precautions until a vaccine comes out or they decide to whatever they want.

Other- if you choose this exactly what do you recommend and exactly for how long?

I have zero risk of dying while parachuting

Jul 11, 2020, 6:27 PM

I ain't jumping out of a plane

Re: I have zero risk of dying while parachuting

Jul 11, 2020, 6:36 PM

I'm not going to endanger the lives of my children against the advice of the experts. There's plenty of evidence elsewhere in the world that this strategy works. The US is the epicenter of the outbreak because of poor leadership at both the state and federal level. Other countries don't have this problem. Now I know that there are a lot of laymen who are amateur epidemiologists, but I'm betting on Dr. Fauci.

Evidence is all around us with MANY other countries

Jul 12, 2020, 10:05 AM

and NO ONE, I mean NO ONE can say that measures other countries have taken do not work.

South Korea had the first infection the SAME DAY as the US and they had 300 deaths. We have 134K deaths.

Someone please explain to me how doing things the right way (ie having a plan) doesn't help?

People are just so hell bent on supporting Trump they ignore all the stupid and dangerous $hit this man did/does. Incredible.

Moving on with your life or adjusting to the new normal?

Jul 11, 2020, 6:32 PM

Those that want things to go back to what it was a year ago are in for a rough life.

Re: Moving on with your life or adjusting to the new normal?

Jul 11, 2020, 6:38 PM

You got that right.

A vaccine is not the only option....

Jul 11, 2020, 6:51 PM

A more effective treatment is also an option. The recent addition of Xofluza for treatment of the flu is a miracle drug. Within 12 hours of taking it I felt completely normal again. I am also hoping they figure out something better for COVID-19.

Just remember some of us are at risk of losing our entire immediate families. A world with no family sounds bleak. Don't expect me to accept that their lives mean nothing.....even if they mean nothing to you.

Great point. I hope that many people posting here are naive

Jul 11, 2020, 9:29 PM

because they haven’t known anyone close to them who has had COVID. Perhaps they just think this is all a big sham. I keep reading that “it’s just the flu.” No, it isn’t just the flu. It’s much worse than the flu. anyone who thinks it’s just the flu isn’t informed at all when it comes to this virus.

A therapeutic helps you feel better and heal quicker but only IF

Jul 11, 2020, 10:20 PM [ in reply to A vaccine is not the only option.... ]

your body is capable of beating it in it's own. If your body is not able fight it off, then a therapeutic does not make it so.

If you say so...

Jul 12, 2020, 6:21 AM

However, Xofluza stops viral replication of the flu in its tracks. Hoping for something similar for COVID-19. Plus a better treatment could help ease complications that are killing people.

It's true, doctors around the world are comparing notes as..

Jul 12, 2020, 9:40 AM

well. There is no "vaccine" for AIDS, for example, but they do have a medicinal cocktail that keeps people alive.

Some people on here think they are doctors. To become a doctor requires a strong education, opposite of anti-intellectualism.

Another Perspective Is

Jul 11, 2020, 6:54 PM

OK for you to take the risk. When you carry it home to your parents and they become one of the 1% fatalities you've crossed the line.

Re: Another Perspective Is

Jul 12, 2020, 3:14 PM

Ok so then if someone gives a loved one cold or flu, which can be deadly, they have crossed the same line.

Jul 11, 2020, 7:31 PM

Well, at least in South Carolina, I don't know of any business that is shut down because of any restrictions. If a business owner decides to close at this time, that is perfectly acceptable because it is his or her business. As far as bars closing at 11:00, if bar owners had obeyed the regulations, that probably would not have happened.

As a retired person, my life has not really changed except I choose to wear a mask and if I have a doctor's appointment and a mask is required, I appreciate that. I go to church, play golf, go to meetings, go shopping etc and etc. The writer of the post must be truly bored or has a sad life because his or life probably has not changed either.

Last call at 11 PM

Jul 11, 2020, 8:36 PM

I don't think it's the wisest move to hang out with a bunch of folks obviously not wearing a mask at a bar, but does anyone feel like McMaster has come up with a stroke of genius by shutting down alcohol sales at 11 PM? So, I guess it's ok at 10:59 to order a couple of pitchers and nurse those puppies for a good bit. Talk about much ado about nothing. Bars are busiest after 10 PM, but this seems like useless meddling. I bet this move will flatten the curve.Sure! Lip service trivializes the issue. I still don't get how there is not more push back against executive decisions whatever they are? I encourage mitigation measures, but this seems trivial and is an obviously arbitrary decision made by one man on his own. It's not a good precedent in my opinion.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 9:36 PM

Not sure what all you just said, but you ARE wearing your mask in public, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 10:12 PM

Lot of debate and a lot not known about this virus and how it has been managed or mismanaged and who is responsible. The only thing that is, without question, the stupidity statement EVER is someone saying that the virus will go away after the election! I can’t imagine anyone being dumb enough to believe that!

Jul 11, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The alarmists have put themselves in a box ]

Lot of debate and a lot not known about this virus and how it has been managed or mismanaged and who is responsible. The only thing that is, without question, the stupidity statement EVER is someone saying that the virus will go away after the election! I can’t imagine anyone being dumb enough to believe that!

Jul 12, 2020, 3:13 PM

Not that the virus would go away, that the Stated severity and panic coverage Will change.

This is a projection, the opposite is true!***

Jul 12, 2020, 12:03 AM

Jul 12, 2020, 7:47 AM

You can enjoy reading this over and over this fall when there is no football. Congrats.

Jul 12, 2020, 8:12 AM

The "box" you speak of does not exist. As long as the left controls the media (and we all know they do), they can make any topic disappear. That is just the way it is.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

The time limit depends on who wins the election

Jul 12, 2020, 11:16 AM

In November. I got a feeling this is how our election years are going to be going forward. The good news is cases are going up but death tolls are going down. Which tells you that through herd immunity the human race is fending the virus off. Which is the best way to combat it. But with the election coming up there’s a bent toward capitalizing on the moment. Hopefully most see through it all.

Jul 12, 2020, 3:32 PM

Actually there are a number of non-vaccine things that may help conquer this and make us all feel at ease. Vaccine is the most discussed one - I'll grant you that. There was hope of herd immunity but based on some preliminary reports out of Spain, they only found antibodies in less than 10% of survivors. But 2 biggies would be better treatments - the remdesivir is a glimmer as is the steroid treatments in UK and EU. But those are small improvements - we can still hope for some game-changing treatments that don't stop the spread..but make the repercussions of catching the virus for less dramatic. Also, starve the virus out. The virus needs people to keep it alive and to keep it spreading. If we can stop the spread and get the numbers low enough, it will buy us time and there can be some normalcy.

One thing that gives me hope is all the people who have experience minimal or no symptoms. What do those people have....I guess genetically...that make their bodies' reaction to the virus so much less potent? If scientist can figure that out and replicate it in others - that would be a huge help.

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic