Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney updates injury status of Derion Kendrick, James Skalski
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney updates injury status of Derion Kendrick, James Skalski

Oct 24, 2020, 4:49 PM

Swinney updates injury status of Derion Kendrick, James Skalski

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney held his postgame press conference after his team's 47-21 win over Syracuse on Saturday. Swinney answered various questions incl Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody is doing a pisspoor job of getting this

Oct 24, 2020, 4:59 PM

information out by game time this year. I don't know whose job that is, but I don't ever remember it being an issue before. Seems like this year somebody's asleep at the wheel.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agreed...I have no problem playing it close to the vest

Oct 24, 2020, 5:03 PM

before KO, but after the ball is snapped, we should get the full scoop on who's not playing...Some of these cats didn't even dress and we don't hear a peep until AFTER the game

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. The game has started, camera pans over to the side

Oct 24, 2020, 5:15 PM

line. There's SKALSKI, starting LB, team captain, Butkus award nominee, NOT EVEN DRESSED OUT, AND NO MENTION OF IT. No curiosity, no questions, nothing. At this point, opposing coaches are more than aware of it, and there is no advantage to keeping it a secret. Same with DJ last week. And Kendrick. Just odd.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Exactly. The game has started, camera pans over to the side

Oct 24, 2020, 5:25 PM

UH, maybe if you would pay a little more attention you would read about those unavailable . News released about an hour or two before game.

ONLY on Jamie and Tyler THIS week...Not a peep about DJ

Oct 24, 2020, 5:42 PM

last week and not a peep about DK THIS week and DK didn't even DRESS

Re: ONLY on Jamie and Tyler THIS week...Not a peep about DJ

Oct 24, 2020, 6:33 PM

DK was dressed today on the sidelines but I agree with you about us getting no info.

Re: ONLY on Jamie and Tyler THIS week...Not a peep about DJ

Oct 24, 2020, 7:50 PM [ in reply to ONLY on Jamie and Tyler THIS week...Not a peep about DJ ]

I guess since they are dressed, they are available and are not "officially out". However, it would be nice to know that a starter (DK) or player of importance like (DJ) are emergency only. My son and I were trying to figure out why DK was not playing all game. Also, knowing on Friday night would be much better than an hour or 2 before the game.

Message was edited by: saddis56®

And that would be my fault, but I had a very busy morning

Oct 24, 2020, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly. The game has started, camera pans over to the side ]

and did not have a chance to do any pregame prep. I was relying on the professional broadcasters and Tnet game thread for info. Apparently I was not alone.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Exactly. The game has started, camera pans over to the side

Oct 24, 2020, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Exactly. The game has started, camera pans over to the side ]

How dare they

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed...I have no problem playing it close to the vest

Oct 25, 2020, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Agreed...I have no problem playing it close to the vest ]

actually, why is Jamie's groin any of your business?

Re: Somebody is doing a pisspoor job of getting this

Oct 24, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Somebody is doing a pisspoor job of getting this ]

Why do we have a right to know? Why would he give any info to other coaches that he doesn't have to? It's none of our business really. Watch the games root for who is playing and stop with the "I should know " crap!! Guess what.... we won again!!

LOL! After the game starts and everybody knows the player

Oct 24, 2020, 5:17 PM

is not playing, why keep it a big secret? That's not it, somebody's just doing a poor job of getting out the info.

- H. L. Mencken

They talked about it on the pre-game radio show, so I guess

Oct 25, 2020, 10:59 AM

the info was out there. Guess Dabo should post it himself on Tigernet? :)

It's because of Covid and laws

Oct 24, 2020, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Somebody is doing a pisspoor job of getting this ]

If a guy is being held out due to Covid, many schools have decided not to disclose due to some medical privacy issues. Not sure why it's different than having a pulled groin info released but many coaches have decided to only tell who is playing and who isn't prior to the game. They will not disclose reasons. Muschamp actually got into a little hotwater for discussing Covid and player a few wks ago so he has gone to zero disclosure as to players, playing time and health. It's the new world we live in.

So they can say why after the game, but not before or during

Oct 24, 2020, 6:24 PM

? That makes no sense. Just like with DJ last week. Why wasn't somebody inquiring right away and finding out for the viewing audience why he wasn't playing? That was definitely a story of interest, and as it turns out, was not being kept secret at all. It was a failure of somebody to get that available info out to the fans.

- H. L. Mencken

DJ, DK and Jamie were ALL injured, not sick***

Oct 24, 2020, 7:48 PM [ in reply to It's because of Covid and laws ]

Radio gave the injuries out***

Oct 24, 2020, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Somebody is doing a pisspoor job of getting this ]

Re: Somebody is doing a pisspoor job of getting this

Oct 25, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Somebody is doing a pisspoor job of getting this ]

If you had been paying attention, before the season started they said that a list of unavailable players would be made available prior to game time. They also specifically said that there would be no explanation of why. It is truly none of our business and in the past they were treading really close to HIPAA violations by giving so much information.

Somebody is doing the job given to them. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean anything.

Re: TNET: Swinney updates injury status of Derion Kendrick, James Skalski

Oct 24, 2020, 7:51 PM

I'm disappointed we didn't get the reasons until after the game, but not upset about it.

Saw Skalski smiling on the sidelines at the start.

Oct 24, 2020, 9:06 PM

I can’t believe y’all haven’t figured out yet - during the week Dino calls Dabo and says OK we are going to injure 3 of your players this week or you can choose to hold them out so you will have them the rest of the year. Dabo says thanks Dino we’ll draw straws for three starters on Friday but here’s the twist - I won’t tell you who they are you have to figure it out during the game! These two have that great of a relationship.

Oct 24, 2020, 9:15 PM

The good news is they will all be back and nothing overall is serious.

Oct 24, 2020, 10:49 PM

I agree. I hope they will be ready for the ND game. We will need them. Waddle broke his ankle in the first kick off return in the Bama-Ten. game. They say he is out for the year.

Oct 25, 2020, 9:38 AM

####. And the Bama fans did not find out about that injury until game time too.

Heal quickly Waddle.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic