Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for any long time TNET members
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 2,171

Question for any long time TNET members

Nov 20, 2019, 8:45 AM

I joined TigerNet when I was a sophomore back in 2015. Obviously since that time Clemson has tons of success. Despite this success it seems like I see lots of people on here complaining about coaches and play calling and whatever else they can think to complain about.

So my question is, what were the boreds like back when we did not have this current level of success? How was it during the Bowden years? How about during the coots brief run of success (using that term relatively)?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruh, first rule of tnet is that you don't want to log in

Nov 20, 2019, 8:49 AM

during games. That's when the psychos are posting all kinds of crazy $#!t.

Back when we had Tommy Bowden (a good Christian man) things would get really ugly on here, especially towards the end of his time.

But tnet would also come together to support our Tigers. Before we had this kind of success there were campaigns on tnet to fax bowl reps to encourage them to invite Clemson. And who knows if that had anything to do with results, but Clemson would get invited to those bowls. Luckily we don't have to worry about that anymore and now people tend to manufacture things to worry about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Also the early Dabo years...CharlestonTom and Blue_Caddy SMH

Nov 20, 2019, 10:03 AM

If Dabo as much as looked the wrong way they were on here writing a screed about how terrible he, TDP, and/or Barker were.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. As much as I disagree with Tom, at least he played

Nov 20, 2019, 10:20 AM

football at Clemson, so it's at least an informed (although misguided) perspective. He even complained about Dabo and his staff last season.

Blue_Caddy was just a different breed. Isn't he the one who called Jeff Davis a liar? cutigerbob® has that thread bookmarked I think...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Here's a screen shot that dsp (RIP in peace) posted

Nov 20, 2019, 10:27 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Blue_Caddys-last-known-iterations-Edisto_Tiger-25580624

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oops...Billy Davis, not Jeff Davis.***

Nov 20, 2019, 11:44 AM

I actually enjoy loggin on during the games...

Nov 20, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Bruh, first rule of tnet is that you don't want to log in ]

it's like a chaser with my Whistle Pig.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing's for sure, when you log in during games you

Nov 20, 2019, 11:51 AM

can see everyone's true character when a little adversity hits. coachmac is probably the worst offender criticizing every coach, every play call and every player. They clearly don't buy into Dabo's philosophy that there's nothing less important than the score at halftime.

Bruh, second rule of tnet is that you don't want to pander

Nov 20, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Bruh, first rule of tnet is that you don't want to log in ]

to coot trolls which are legion. Especially when it depresses them to be on their own boards.

GWP is right.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:54 AM

Also, there were a lot more trolls on here stirring things up, especially during the Coots' run. There are still trolls, but fewer and Crump wields the banhammer occasionally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

there are some professional trolls and imposters here.

Nov 20, 2019, 10:45 AM

the interweb is a strange thing.

We were looking ahead to what games we could win to get to

Nov 20, 2019, 8:55 AM

at least 6 to go bowling.

And talking trash to the coots. No one back then ever said "i HoPe ThE cOoTs Do WeLl sO iT loOks BeTtEr WhEn We BeAt ThEm"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: We were looking ahead to what games we could win to get to

Nov 20, 2019, 8:58 AM

COUNTING GAMES TOO! Such as if we count and FCS opponent this year as a win towards our win total for a Bowl Game, did we use a FBS win last year? Back in the day you could only county an FCS win every other year as a win towards a bowl.

Message was edited by: TattedCop®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

I think you mis-spelled FCS

Nov 20, 2019, 9:05 AM

but everbody knew what you meant

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: I think you mis-spelled FCS

Nov 20, 2019, 9:14 AM

2k® said:

but everbody knew what you meant

Thank you and corrected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Fire up the fax machine***

Nov 20, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: We were looking ahead to what games we could win to get to ]

There's something in these hills.

The bored was really split...

Nov 20, 2019, 8:59 AM

between those who thought Bowden should be fired and those who felt he should be retained a bit longer.

I was a Bowden advocate until it became abundantly clear that his inability to field a consistent team wasn't going to change. That and a prideful unwillingness to change when everyone could see that what he was trying to do simply wasn't working.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We even had user names such as

Nov 20, 2019, 9:10 AM

TommyIsAGoodChristianMan

Best Is The Standard

I think the 2 factions were called "Sunshine Pumpers" &

Nov 20, 2019, 9:03 AM

"Sunshine Dumpers".

TB was a divisive figure on the old TNet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Us old timers never, ever, never, posted anything negative on tnet

Nov 20, 2019, 9:08 AM

When Danny Ford was coach.

How can toy be negative when jamming to flock of seaguls?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Tommy Bowden haikus and beating South Carolina were

Nov 20, 2019, 9:09 AM

about the only thing we discussed lol. Also which games we could realistically win to get to 6 wins.

Best Is The Standard

Are things like this said just because everyone hates TB?

Nov 20, 2019, 12:52 PM

I know he didn't get us where we wanted or anywhere near where Dabo has but he wasn't terrible and he owned the coots.
1999 6-6 (after West went 3-8 the year before)
2000 9-3
2001 7-5
2002 7-6
2003 9-4
2004 6-5
2005 8-4
2006 8-5
2007 9-4

I count a lot of year we won more than 6 games and most of those years were 11 game seasons.

that's how the lounge back into being. it's an escape from

Nov 20, 2019, 10:08 AM

the mange.

Re: Question for any long time TNET members

Nov 20, 2019, 10:43 AM

Back before all our football success started the best threads were L.B.O.D. posts. ??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for any long time TNET members

Nov 20, 2019, 11:05 AM

There was a lot more:
- Discussion of coaches performances.
- Discussion of the coot game in September.
- Criticism of players

On the good side, game match ups were discussed a lot more. The games were a lot closer and so each one had our focus as fans. Generally the NC State, GT, UNC, BC games were always going to be tough fights. FSU was the mountain we were hoping to overcome. There would be a lot of conversation about how to beat them.

There was a lot more discussion about winning the in-state recruiting battle.

The board would be giddy over a 4 star prospect even coming to campus.

You should have been here for Red Parker

Nov 20, 2019, 11:05 AM

We had to listen to games on the radio and complain on our CB radios.

After losses to bad Maryland teams. It was Carnage lol

Nov 20, 2019, 12:08 PM

But nothing ever fired Tnet up quite as bad as when they painted the scoreboard lavender.

Good Times...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Three words - Geno Haye's Mom.***

Nov 20, 2019, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Its the same as always...Pumpers and Dumpers

Nov 20, 2019, 12:49 PM

Pumpers - Think ALL things Clemson are perfect and beyond question.

Dumpers - Anyone who is not a Pumper.

There is no room for a balanced opinion for many on here. For instance, being unhappy about two years of 30 yard punts gets you the title "coot" in a heartbeat.

Then there is the inside joke crowd that no one knows what they are talking about...even them, but they wont ever let you know that.

There are enough folks who post knowledgeable stuff and good analysis to keep me coming back.

So, it is what it is. Nobodys going to change, so you just have to decide how to spend your time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best illustration is the current basketball board

Nov 20, 2019, 2:11 PM

And we didn't have followers, thumbs down, or scoks (whatever that is), nor all of the "comedians" that we have here today. It was a simpler time before the millennials took over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 2,171
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic