Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's simple, really
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

It's simple, really

Oct 22, 2017, 3:12 PM

If we are able to get any semblance of a healthy Kelly Bryant for the rest of the year then we can compete with anybody. The kid is clearly gifted with both his feet and his arm and anybody still disputing he is our #1 option is only kidding themselves.

If not, then it's going to be a struggle getting to the finish line unscathed. We still have the pieces on defense and capable backups in Johnson and Cooper to scratch and claw our way to the ACCCG but they aren't quite to the level of Kelly's command of the offense just yet.

Let's hope the coaches learn from their mistakes against Syracuse. If Bryant isn't more or less his usual self then I hope the coaches sit him altogether against Tech. I would rather struggle with the bees in the Valley behind our home crowd and have Kelly more prepared for Raleigh and the stretch run.

What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's simple, really

Oct 22, 2017, 3:34 PM

100% agree.

that and a serviceable placekicker.***

Oct 22, 2017, 3:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that and a serviceable placekicker.***

Oct 22, 2017, 3:59 PM

I think Spence can pull it together and knock a few through for us. Will he do it? Not sure? Is he capable? According to the coaches, absolutely.

I remember being the on the plains watching a Catanzaro kick miss in overtime and him going on to have a below average year

He turned out pretty good. I still have faith in Spence. Got to believe!

Oct 22, 2017, 3:57 PM

Yes, we will not know how healthy KB is until after the first possession. We cannot rely on any status coming out of the coaches. My concern is we have not attempted to develop a winning game plan for Cooper and for Johnson. If we lose KB we are toast. The further we go into the season, it is more apparent that Watson was carrying the water for the 2 offensive coordinators. I hope they prove me wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I was saying...

Oct 22, 2017, 5:27 PM

before the Syracuse game. If Bryant really is the man that can lead us to the promised land this season, then he MUST be 100% healthy in the run game. THAT'S his edge. Since he obviously was not 100% on that ankle, he should have sat out the Syracuse game. At this point, considering the vast talent advantage on both sides of the ball, we should have a QB that is capable of winning a shootout with SYRACUSE even if the defense isn't having a great game. And overall, the defense didn't have a terrible game. They gave up 3 TD's and 2 field goals in 60 minutes. Any backup QB on our team should be able to go in and manage that against SYRACUSE.

The defense didn't play their best game... but you can't expect them to play like an NFL defense every week. Everyone has been bashing the defense for that loss, but I'm looking at our OCs and specifically our QBs and OL coaches. What's up, Coach Streeter and Coach Caldwell? We have highly rated, highly recruited QBs and O lineman. Those players have looked pi$$ poor against some pretty bland competition (WF and SYRACUSE). I expect to see ALL our QBs play better than that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's what I was saying...

Oct 22, 2017, 7:38 PM

Well, one QB didn’t get a chance because the coaches keep saying that the other QB is better in practice. Doesn’t look that way when he gets in the game. I really wish they would give him a fair shot if Bryant isn’t 100% healthy and ready. He certainly couldn’t have done any worse and I’m afraid he will feel the same way and transfer. Situation just has a Stoudt/Watson feel to me.

Guess that is why I’m not at the practices or on the coaching staff.

Oct 22, 2017, 5:52 PM

We will win out, I can't see us losing another game.

did you mean to say Cooper not Johnson***

Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic