Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Will Lamar Jackson light up Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Will Lamar Jackson light up Clemson?

Sep 15, 2017, 9:43 AM

WATCH: Will Lamar Jackson light up Clemson?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Will Lamar Jackson light up Clemson?

Sep 15, 2017, 10:05 AM

Nope .

Wait let me think abo...

Nope.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Houston sacked him 6 times. Nuff Said***

Sep 15, 2017, 10:06 AM

6? Try 11.

Sep 15, 2017, 11:06 AM

I have a feeling these talking heads are going to be disappointed. Golich is another sore loser from ND.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't listen to the race-baiter Jemele anymore.

Sep 15, 2017, 10:11 AM

Stick to sports Jemele!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't listen to the race-baiter Jemele anymore.

Sep 15, 2017, 10:26 AM

Agreed - won't watch or listen to anything by Ms. Hill as her thoughts and opinions are worthless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what she stated was the truth***

Sep 15, 2017, 10:55 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what she stated was the truth***

Sep 15, 2017, 3:00 PM

And your libtard lefty opinion is just as worthless as hers. Of coarse you would agree with her, you're the laughing stock of this forum and literally everything you say is idiotic. Anything you say about everything. Just flat out idiotic.

I stay out of politics and don't keep up with it... what has

Sep 15, 2017, 4:43 PM [ in reply to what she stated was the truth*** ]

Trump done during his presidency that leads you to believe he's a white supremacist as she said?

Seems like nobody had any of these complaints until he was elected. No businesses seemed to have a problem associating themselves with him until it became out of fashion. I suspect people are clinging to things he may have said and done on the campaign trail, in order to get elected, as an easy means to attack him because they don't like him and not that he's actually a racist.

But what do I know.

some liberals are just that stupid***

Sep 15, 2017, 5:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. What the heck are you talking about? Do you have

Sep 15, 2017, 6:22 PM [ in reply to what she stated was the truth*** ]

anything, I mean ANYTHING, that shows Trump as a white supremacist or anything remotely similar to what that ignorant woman said? She she have been fired immediately for openly promoting such RACIST nonsense on s sports network.

Re: what she stated was the truth***

Sep 15, 2017, 8:12 PM [ in reply to what she stated was the truth*** ]

tk you sound racist. Are you racist?

Hint: This is a rhetorical question.

They've always been on the edge

Sep 15, 2017, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I don't listen to the race-baiter Jemele anymore. ]

As a show on that whole race thing.

It was painful to watch before and it's even more painful now.

If you play it up, you can get people to believe it's as big

Sep 15, 2017, 4:55 PM

a problem as you make it out to be.... if you play it down, you can get people to believe it's as minor as you make it out to be.

Some people like and benefit from extra drama. Some people want to cater to people's preconceptions and ideology.

Virtually everybody is racist in someone's eyes because everybody can have wildly differing opinions on what it means to be racist. Believe me... I feel I am the least racist person in the world. But to hear my ex wife talk, she'd say I'm a racist because I'm not attracted to other races in general. She would be happy for us all to turn into one big melting pot with no races but since I didn't completely agree with that she's said I'm somewhat racist.

So, whatever Trump has done there will be plenty of people who say it's fine, racist, or somewhere in between.

I just wish the average liberal would show more respect to him and the presidency. While I never voted for Obama, I never made disrespectful posts or statements about him or was vicious in attacking him or anything of the like. I would discuss my views and what I thought about his positions, but the man was a man and a president and deserves respect regardless.

Jemele? Never heard of him. Was he the Nebraska QB???***

Sep 15, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to I don't listen to the race-baiter Jemele anymore. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: I don't listen to the race-baiter Jemele anymore.

Sep 15, 2017, 5:17 PM [ in reply to I don't listen to the race-baiter Jemele anymore. ]

> Stick to sports Jemele!

She does not belong on TV----Knows very little about sports,----even less about politics.

Does she still have a job?***

Sep 15, 2017, 10:24 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Who is she and why is ESPN letting

Sep 15, 2017, 10:44 AM

a woman talk about football?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Speaking of getting lit up, why wasn't Jemele Hill fired?***

Sep 15, 2017, 10:48 AM

Re: Speaking of getting lit up, why wasn't Jemele Hill fired?***

Sep 15, 2017, 11:49 AM

Affirmative action..... if you notice everyone on ESPN is African American with a couple of Eye candy Blonde chicks! They fired about everyone else. Not racist just realized this here recently on the shows.

Re: Speaking of getting lit up, why wasn't Jemele Hill fired?***

Sep 15, 2017, 8:18 PM

40+ years ago I had a great opportunity for my first IT job after finally graduating from CLEMSON. I had all the necessary credentials and well qualified to do the job. However, because I was NOT BLACK AND FEMALE, THEY COULD NOT EVEN INTERVIEW ME DUE TO EFFIN' AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. I will never forget that, and it totally pizzes me off every time I see that crap. That has a lot to do with being so tired of all the whining about 'privilege'. Eff them.

That being said - Fire that racist POS. ESPN sucks.

NOPE. Not listening to that crappy show.

Sep 15, 2017, 11:54 AM

Their show is weak and the fact that they openly employ liars and bigots is disturbing.

Will he "light up" Clemson D? Maybe some, but he'll eat his fair share of field during.

I refuse to give Jemele a click.***

Sep 15, 2017, 12:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2017, 12:54 PM

Well of course!!! Doesnt mean we will win but even your Coach knows he is gonna light you up. The big questions is the over/under on 457 total yds he put up on your guys in Death Valley last year.

You guys are deservedly the national champs and you undoubtedly should win. Will you contain Lamar? No.

It's an insulting question from someone who clearly sides

Sep 15, 2017, 5:05 PM

with Louisville. The opposite question is similar "Will the Clemson D shove the big D down the Louisville O line and Lamar Jackson?"

It's only intention is to get somebody riled up either for or against it.

They can't have a show without sensationalism. Any reputable, worthwhile show would have just asked "Will Clemson contain Lamar Jackson?" or "Will Lamar Jackson break through the Clemson defense?"

The show is garbage, she is garbage, and that's why she has to resort to the race-baiting to stir up attention since the show wasn't getting any on its own merit.

Re: It's an insulting question from someone who clearly sides

Sep 15, 2017, 6:11 PM

You may win! Barring injury Lamar will have between 350 and 500 total yds. I respect and root for Clemson when you all arent playing us, but facts are facts. I think most of everyone on here knows Lamar is gonna rack up a bunch of yards against you all. Your D maybe better than last year, but the guy had 457 yds in death valley last year. Your D is not that much better then the D with Boulware who had 18 tackles himself.

Sorry sumbody td'd you, actually good post imo

Sep 16, 2017, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Will Lamar Jackson light up Clemson? ]

I think us Tiger faithful feel that all the hype for Jackson is a backhanded swipe at us - the old disrespect issue, you know?

Yes, ANY one would be foolish to think #8 will be totally contained (ala '31-0'). But we also think the same hype/logic used to 'elevate' Oklahoma past us due to 'the BIG win in the Horseshoe...' (against O-31-0) should also apply to our win over 'a mighty sec defense' along with OUR D's throttling of their offense (and qb). And WE believe our D is MUCH better than the Purdue and UNC D's.

So, to your point, the challenge (question) IS 'how' much better? How effective?

Me, since I'm not a betting man, I'm hoping for the under! And expecting it to be potentially 100 yards under. Our D will ('should') be in Lamar's face a LOT - your run game doesn't worry me (but those quick hitters and slant routes do). I also expect DCBV to have a spy on Jackson at all times. And this year we have more depth on D, which will keep fresh legs hounding, harassing and chasing #8 throughout the game.

Oh, btw, your D isn't that great, and our O can - and will - score more than 14 on you (probably not 56, tho'...).

IMHO:

Tigers 30; Louisville 21.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 16, 2017, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Will Lamar Jackson light up Clemson? ]

So what was that that you were saying about Lamer Jackson lighting up Clemson of course again?

Is this a rhetorical or legit question?

Sep 15, 2017, 1:54 PM

Because yes, Jackson will "light up" every defense. He's 52% of their rushing total and 82% of their entire offense. The question becomes do you try to contain Jackson or do you stop Malik Williams and Jaylen Smith and turn Jackson into more of a 1 man team?

By the end of the season it was clear that you keep Jackson in the pocket he would melt down. He had more talent around him last year, but I think Smith is better than any individual WR they had. Jackson's completion percentage is way up for the 1st 2 games of the season.

Either way, I trust Venables to make the right call.

Sep 15, 2017, 2:14 PM

No.. He'll score some points, but he wont light us up. One thing I noticed during the Auburn game is how improved our secondary is. Sure we had some break downs, but the overall performance was lockdown. If we can pressure LJ like we did in the 1st half last year, he wont be able to beat us with him arm.

If you watched Louisville's last two games, LJ didn't look nearly as improved as advertised, lots of over throws. Against WEAK competition. I know that Kent state isn't exactly a powerhouse, but Auburn's offense was supposed to be vastly improved this season. Without two gimme PI's in the first quarter, we would have held them to 3 points, and would have shut them out if it hadn't been for the fumble.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2017, 2:35 PM

Yeah thats why he is on the tops of Mel Kipers Big Draft Board. I have no problem with you all being fans of your team. I am a Louisville fan. What I dont get is why anyone. even Louisville fans, would chose to make stuff up. I guess it makes them feel better . . . an ignorance is bliss kids a thing!!! LMAO

Jackson is Kiper's 3rd QB

Sep 15, 2017, 2:56 PM

and that went from unranked to 13th after 2 games. Obviously nothing to sneeze at, but is a big difference from being NFL ready.

Jackson is a phenomenal athlete with a cannon of an arm. But he still makes some terrible reads, especially on the run game. He's going to have to show a lot more maturity to stay up there on draft boards. You don't get by in the NFL as an athlete. They are all athletes. He reminds me of an early Mike Vick (minus the backyard kennels of course. ;) ), gamechanger potential, but not ready for the NFL.

Re: Jackson is Kiper's 3rd QB

Sep 15, 2017, 4:56 PM

I think I remember Tim Couch being high on Kiper's board too. Kiper's an idiot.

Sep 15, 2017, 6:23 PM

You are comparing LJ to Couch? Who is the idiot?

The reference was in regards to Kiper's lack of being

Sep 15, 2017, 6:28 PM

right. He's the one who was so far off about Couch (and countless others). ou may want to try not being an idiot when calling someone an idiot.

Sep 15, 2017, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Jackson is Kiper's 3rd QB ]

Wow, just how dumb are you. Here, I'll spell it out for you. Kiper was high on such superstars as Manzell, Couch, Brady Quinn, Clausen. Not exactly glowing references for his recognition of talent. keep up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2017, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Jackson is Kiper's 3rd QB ]

I agree with you about reads, but unless something crazy happens he will be a first round draft pick.

Mel Kiper?

Sep 15, 2017, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Will Lamar Jackson light up Clemson? ]

Yeah he's known as an accurate source for draft picks. You can have an opinion,but using Mel Kiper as a way to support your opinion is weak.

Sep 15, 2017, 7:47 PM

Of all the people ESPN fired/ laid off these idiots remain. Ring ring that's chapter 11 calling.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2017, 7:55 PM

This boy beaux uses this "ignorance is bliss" statement in talking about our fanbase. You know, the ones that own the National Championship and has never lost to Loserville. Yet, he has the balls to come over and talk smack with nothing to back it up. I'll sit back and watch Saturday night and see what happens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson defense will light up LJ!

Sep 15, 2017, 11:03 PM

Go Tigers! #WIN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

Sep 15, 2017, 11:42 PM

...the defensive college football world figured out Lamar Jackson by mid-season last year. Sure he's a handful and a serious natural athlete that will have some moments....I'm sorry it just isn't going to be enough against the Tigers Defense.

Not scared in the least.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic