Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buneoside by Aztra Zenica
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Buneoside by Aztra Zenica

Jul 11, 2020, 2:41 PM

seems to be a simple treatment to Covid.

https://youtu.be/pY0VLgnQ59c

Hop he is right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Buneoside by Aztra Zenica

Jul 11, 2020, 2:51 PM

OAN.

Sigh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for Chrissakes, can we leave Politics out of something

Jul 11, 2020, 3:34 PM

and just simply hope that a regimen actually works in reducing deaths?

SMFH...

Re: for Chrissakes, can we leave Politics out of something

Jul 11, 2020, 3:58 PM

No. You can only get information from the approved sources. How else can you be controlled to avoid wrongthink?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my bad! so if we die, we die pigheaded, is that it??!!***

Jul 11, 2020, 4:12 PM

I’m not coming at you man.

Jul 11, 2020, 4:23 PM

You’re right. Some people focus exclusively at the source and disregard any information there.

As opposed to say a non-liberal listening to NPR or reading the Washington Post - not for affirmation like liberals do, but looking for some real info, maybe even contrary to what they currently think. And sometimes it’s there. You have to ignore the biased negative “analysis” or “take” where they immediately try to tell you what that info means and how to think about it.

There really are pieces of corn in those turds, if you’re willing to go through the trouble. Just ignore the constant bias and think for yourself with the information, piecing together a big picture using all sources of information.

The left just goes ugh, OAN, Breitbart, etc. and says pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. Just listen to us. We won’t just tell you what’s what, we will also tell you how to think so you can stay in lock step with the other brainwashed sheep. They create “fact checkers” that are just as biased as they are and the echoes all seem reasonable when you hear your own bias thrown back at you.

This has been going on for a long time. It’s like using the Southern Poverty Law Center to determine who is a “hate group.” LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not coming at you man.

Jul 11, 2020, 4:37 PM

The problem is that this virus has been heavily politicized. It shouldn't have been, but it was, and unfortunately Trump's administration is now at odds with the medical profession.

OAN - which supports Trump far more than even Fox News does - would very much like their audience to believe that the threat from this virus is minimal and that the cavalry is coming and that some form of "silver bullet" cure will arrive any day now. They were big, big proponents of hydroxychloroquine until numerous controlled studies kind of conclusively stuck a fork in that particular hope.

I will allow any potential would-be cure deserves a look, but OAN does itself and its viewers no favors by throwing stuff like this against the wall and hoping their Hail Mary is answered and this one actually sticks, too.

OAN's game, and its intentions, are pretty obvious to anybody who takes any kind of critical look.

If this turns out to have any kind of veracity I'll be shocked. I've heard not one peep from any other news source - including Fox - on this, and that's telling. You don't think a "silver bullet" miracle cure would be newsworthy? It'd be the story of the year.

Jul 11, 2020, 4:41 PM

It depends on how much big Pharma can charge per dose. My gut feel is that they are looking for a cure that will cost $1,000 per dose. Anything dirt cheap will need to be discredited in a hurry.

Jul 11, 2020, 4:57 PM

I truly hope that the medical profession is not in the hip pocket of Big Pharma to that extent. If they are, we're all hosed, and it's just a matter of time before we start eating the Soylent Green.

Desperate doctors who actually care about their patients - and I truly do believe they exist! - will try stuff, and if they see something's working, they'll speak out. Even in China there were doctors who squawked about the coronavirus despite the Party's best attempts to keep a lid on it.

I hope and I believe that to be true, anyhow.

Jul 11, 2020, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: for Chrissakes, can we leave Politics out of something ]

I am still looking for the approved sources. Does Al-Jazeera qualify? I've already ruled out all American sources of news.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pravda, The Daily Californian, The Harvard Crimson

Jul 11, 2020, 4:18 PM

let the pink begin....

Jul 11, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: for Chrissakes, can we leave Politics out of something ]

OAN is an absolutely terrible source. Sorry. They just are. Screaming in a shrill voice about "wrongthink" doesn't make OAN any less of a turkey.

Not my opinion. There are plenty of neutral media monitors out there like Snopes and Politifact who fact check and analyze bias...and OAN bombs pretty much across the board in all marks. (They're not particularly kind to CNN or MSNBC either, but OAN is uniquely terrible among cable news networks, which collectively don't get good marks.)

Here's what mediabiasfactcheck.com, for instance, has to say about OAN:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/one-america-news-network/

Jul 11, 2020, 4:28 PM

I have never seen that network, but I have a novel idea. Check out what they say, not who says it. Either a story has credibility or not. I do the same with CNN (and others) and find them about the least credible after checking out their stories.

Who are the neutral media monitors? LOL!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 5:56 PM

Where do you go to "check out" / validate the stories? How do you validate what is truth?
LOL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 6:10 PM

Usually stories from scientific reviews or medical journals, etc. The site that I used for the asthma medicine being studied is here.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200707/Asthma-inhalers-being-trialed-for-treatment-of-COVID-19.aspx

Jul 11, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Buneoside by Aztra Zenica ]

I had read earlier that Corticosteroids (Asthma inhalers) is being studied at Oxford. For some reason, although people with respiratory problems were thought to be in a higher risk category, people that were using the inhalers for asthma were statistically less likely to get severely ill. Now they are doing a test with about 500 patients. I guess we will find out!

Jul 11, 2020, 5:11 PM

That doctor was on a local Dallas based tv news program. It was an interesting interview. His experience prescribing it as a breathing treatment (nebulizer) at home prior to his patients needing hospitalization was anecdotal of course but still a promising treatment to keep the infected from ever needing to go to the hospital. He had some patients with preconditions that are typical for progressing to a bad outcome. Pulmicort is a targeted steroid for the lungs so it avoids complications of giving intravenously like the other steroid that has made the news. I do hope this is further studied my the medical experts. We need the equivalent of Tamiflu for early intervention treatment of Covid-19 administered at home with manageable side effects. That would be a game changer.

Budesonide as a treatment for COVID-19 may be effective

Jul 11, 2020, 5:50 PM

but more studies are needed according to 4 Doctors asked about it in this article:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/budesonide-coronavirus-covid-19/

Like a lot of meds being looked at right now - Budesonide shows some promise as a COVID-19 treatment but most results are considered anecdotal right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The FDA

Jul 11, 2020, 6:12 PM

Will have more to say about the beginning of football season than any commissioner,NCAA, or any one else!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic