Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which defense will be most improved - Clemson's or UGA's?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Which defense will be most improved - Clemson's or UGA's?

Jun 7, 2013, 1:29 PM

Everyone agrees that both offenses should be outstanding, but the question seems to be which defense will be the most improved from last year?

Looking at these charts and the production UGA lost on defense, and considering our returning defensive depth and the fact that our secondary is much more experienced than conventional wisdom suggests, I would give the edge to Clemson. Georgia may end the year with a good defense, but they will likely take a while to jell with all of the new players they are expecting to contribute. Check out sections 5-8. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/6/4/4394440/georgia-football-2013-preview-schedule-roster

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cant see UGA's Young D being 'improved' by Game 1

Jun 7, 2013, 1:51 PM

with all the new faces and lost players

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Better be us, if we hope to win.

Jun 7, 2013, 1:51 PM

The story of this game will be Clemson's D vs. Georgia's O.

Unlike LSU, Georgia actually has an offense. It's not just about not giving up big plays, it's also about getting the ball back so our offense can go to work. If our D can't force Georgia to give the ball back to us, it will be a hard for Clemson to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were really bad against the run last year

Jun 7, 2013, 1:52 PM

we're going to need to balance out our passing attack with a solid running game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel VERY good about our front 7 and depth.

Jun 7, 2013, 1:53 PM

No worries about blanks at safety.

This defense could be great or good depending on the development of the secondary. If the freshman come in and 2 or 3 of them are legit contributors (as freshman) and push for playing time we could be great.

Great defense and vastly improved secondary = 11 or 12 Wins.
Good D and OK secondary =9 or 10 wins.

Great D also = ACC Champions

Oh Yeah... we need to avoid the injury bug that hurt our already suspect secondary last year. Got to give Spurrier credit for using the NC St. film to his advantage! So glad we get 2 weeks to get ready for them from now on. People overlook that advantage. It's HUGE.

Very pleased with Venables as well.

lets hope that there defense will be solid

Jun 7, 2013, 2:39 PM

in game #2.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Sakerlina loses a lot on defense too

Jun 7, 2013, 2:40 PM

teams the first couple of weeks can probably afford to double team Clowney

Re: Which defense will be most improved - Clemson's or UGA's?

Jun 7, 2013, 2:56 PM

This is the million dollar question. All I can speak for is our D ... and all I have to say is ... "I DON'T KNOW!".

Who would have ever thought that our D would have performed the way it did last year ... especially against the run.

Early season games are usually about the D with the O coming along weeks 2 & 3. This one just may be one for the records books.

What a team loses is important, but just as important is who will be filling the holes. Unfortunately we have some young guys that will have to fill some important holes. To perdict a sound secondary for UGA would be nothing more than high hopes. Just like to assume that who we lost is all that matters.

Who knows? It's the first game of the season***

Jun 7, 2013, 3:07 PM

Jun 7, 2013, 3:55 PM

Dude saying bothe defences will be outstanding is a joke!!! First of all Georgia lost to many players and will take a few games to get going and second Clemson's def. hasnt been good for 4yrs and to put outstanding in the same sentence as clemson's def. is a JOKE!!!! Did you watch the 2012 season!

Yes. Transition year for Venables. Just get ready.....***

Jun 7, 2013, 4:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes. Transition year for Venables. Just get ready.....***

Jun 7, 2013, 9:24 PM

Last game of the year you will see AGAIN!!!!!!

Willis?

Jun 7, 2013, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Which defense will be most improved - Clemson's or UGA's? ]

Is that you? :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bothe defences? Lol***

Jun 7, 2013, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Which defense will be most improved - Clemson's or UGA's? ]

Jun 7, 2013, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Which defense will be most improved - Clemson's or UGA's? ]

Did you watch English class in...well, ever?

Clemson returns more and has some guys who could play

Jun 7, 2013, 4:42 PM

early on D like Alexander etc. Both D's are gonna be talented & UGA's a good team but I like our chances of an improved D this year.

UGAy would pay good money right now if it meant they wouldn'

Jun 7, 2013, 5:12 PM

t suck any worse than last year.

Clemson will be pretty solid on D.

Biased? Me? Nah.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

HotRod will have a field day.

Jun 7, 2013, 6:27 PM

I can see it now! GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic