Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What have we learned? Words/thoughts matter.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

What have we learned? Words/thoughts matter.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:47 AM

This post is for Clemson and for Dabo as well. It is not written to find fault period, just to gently remind.

I grew up hearing, “It is not only what you say, but how you say something that matters.”

We could all afford to pay attention, especially when emotions get in the way. What positive has been accomplished the last forty-eight hours from verbal exchanges? To my mind only hurt feelings and now a coach who without perhaps recognizing it through comments has seemingly issued what could be perceived as a veiled threat. Is that where Dabo or anyone in Clemson nation wants to find themselves after a victory over their rival? I think not!!

The media, staff, fans and all else concerned need to recognize “words matter.” As a history professor and writing tutor at a local college I understand how what we say, as well as when and how we express ourselves has consequences. It would do us all some positive good to reflect upon what has transpired. I have one obvious question. Is this where we want matters to end? I honestly believe Dabo has no intention of leaving Clemson, however he does need to recognize how his emotional comments presented his feelings in a manner that only makes matters uncertain. He knows what his players and staff have given to succeed and I sense his mood is one of frustration, but I also trust he will understand how his words impact everyone around him.

It is time to put aside the negative and move ahead, but we can all learn from this circumstance.

Go Tigers ??!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unbridled sensitivity

Nov 26, 2018, 9:58 AM

People just need to relax. Express opinions respectfully and move on. We’re 12-0 and headed for the CFP. Just handed the coots the 70th loss. Are we perfect, no. No one is. Until we are it’s ok to express concerns. In a respectful way. And while also acknowledging our tremendous success.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic