Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We might as well keep Brad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,210

We might as well keep Brad

Mar 9, 2017, 8:14 AM

Because we will never be any good in Basketball.
Since he is a good guy , shoot lets give him an extension.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We might as well keep Brad

Mar 9, 2017, 8:25 AM

Since it's obvious we're a doormat to the ACC, since we are pathetic and will surely remain so., since we CAN'T possibly get anyone better...a lifetime contract seems the answer. Also, we can start our "Ring of Shame" in Littlejohn with him being our inaugural recipient.

We could get this level of performance for a lot less money

Mar 9, 2017, 8:30 AM

if we wanted to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No!! Fire him today with total justification, but ...

Mar 9, 2017, 8:30 AM

... but don't be surprised if we're unable to identify, hire, and most importantly retain a coach who is a big improvement.

As our last two "successful" hires illustrated, the Clemson job is viewed as a stepping stone situation at best.

Identifying a guy who can win at Clemson is a gamble.

Selling the guy on taking the job is a challenge.

Convincing that guy to stay if & when he turns things around is all but impossible.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No!! Fire him today with total justification, but ...

Mar 9, 2017, 8:40 AM

I disagree with the idea Clemson has to considered a stepping stone job. Hire the right coach, pay him and tell him to work diligently toward steady success and go forward. Like Dabo, a new coach has to change the culture, the perception and the outcomes to make basketball a long term winning program. We have the worst ACC record over almost three quarters of a century! Change for good is not going to happen overnight!

The fact that it can happen with the new LJC is now possible with the right coach who understands the potential!

Go Tigers!

I totally agree with everything you say

Mar 9, 2017, 8:56 AM

But it's all been said before.

It's completely accurate, but mostly unattainable.

The tactics and incentives you cite are pretty much exactly what our AD did with both Rick Barnes and Oliver Purnell.

And on a darker note we made an even more concerted effort when we brought in Tate's Locke.

Honestly, Dabo didn't change the culture ... the culture in football was already firmly established. He simply renewed it.

Maybe we'll win the lottery and find the "Dabo" of hoops. That would be great! I'm just not holding my breath.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you know that OP left him a dumpster fire?

Mar 9, 2017, 8:39 AM

There are several reasons why we need to keep him:
-OP left the cupboard bare
-We were a young team
-KJ went pro
- Highly regarded. Best X and O coach in the nation
- He's a great guy
-The ACC is a tougher conference now
-We don't have a winning tradition in basketball
-Our facilities were 3rd world bad
- We had to play an entire season in Greenville
-It takes time to recruit with the new facilities
-We lost so many close games
-Our recruiting is starting to soar
-There's no way we could hire anyone better
- Wait till next year

wait.....you forgot

Mar 9, 2017, 9:12 AM

Terrible student/fan support.
Again, kj left....the ripple effects are still being felt and may last for another 10 years.

Re: We might as well keep Brad

Mar 9, 2017, 8:49 AM

here is a novel idea. if he is going to be back, lets all get behind the program. i certainly have had my doubts but if he is going to be my coach i am going to support him 100%. drad kinda knows what he is doing. there are many things that go into these decisions. all this negativity does no one any good. drad is very serious about basketball i can assure you. there are a lot of people in the business who think brad is a helluva coach. at some point we will get over the hump or drad will try and fix it. lets just try and support the players and the program. really not to much to ask.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW great job yesterday

Mar 9, 2017, 8:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Any updates on whether or not

Mar 9, 2017, 8:54 AM

Seth Beer is still choking?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Any updates on whether or not

Mar 9, 2017, 9:35 AM

don't even know why monte still plays him. and don't get me started on dw4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

In the words of the POTUS...

Mar 9, 2017, 9:38 AM

WRONG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,210
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic