Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USUC will be 0-10 when they play Wofford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

USUC will be 0-10 when they play Wofford

Aug 11, 2017, 2:14 PM

You heard it here first. I just looked at their schedule, and on paper, the coots will not beat any of their first 10 opponents (nor their last). I expect 1-11 for the coots, if they can survive Wofford.

USUC might fire Muschump mid-season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

looking at their schedule....3 wins or less for the season

Aug 11, 2017, 2:25 PM

is a very real possibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: looking at their schedule....3 wins or less for the season***

Aug 11, 2017, 2:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: looking at their schedule....3 wins or less for the season

Aug 11, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to looking at their schedule....3 wins or less for the season ]

It won't be because of the difficulty of it. Citadel would win 4 games if they had that schedule.

Re: USUC will be 0-10 when they play Wofford

Aug 11, 2017, 2:29 PM

The chickens could finish 0-12, but that is not likely. They should win at least four games, but who knows. My gut feeling is 5-7 at best, however injuries, academics and poor coaching all will factor into the final outcome.

Go Tigers!

I don't know what the vegas O/U is for total wins for them

Aug 11, 2017, 2:33 PM

this season, but it's 4.5 or above, I'd take the under all day, err day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

My site has them at 5.5 wins for the over/under.

Aug 11, 2017, 4:58 PM

Not only that, 100 pays 125. They could possibly start the season 4-0 though. Their first 4 or 5 games are winnable. I think he win 4 to 6 games on the season.

academics. And USuC

Aug 11, 2017, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: USUC will be 0-10 when they play Wofford ]

now that's funny

Aug 11, 2017, 2:36 PM

> You heard it here first. I just looked at their
> schedule, and on paper, the coots will not beat any
> of their first 10 opponents (nor their last). I
> expect 1-11 for the coots, if they can survive
> Wofford.
>
> USUC might fire Muschump mid-season.

Wah?

I mean, I hate the Gamecocks and all, but their big problem is up front. They're incredibly, thoroughly below-average on the lines on both sides of the LOS. They're not going to match up, at all, against athletic front 4's - we saw that with our own eyes last year when they utterly failed to keep Baby Bentley upright and vertical - and their DL is similarly going to get whipped up front by big trench teams. (Again, like us, nowadays.)

You look at the skill talent on the perimeter, though, with Deebo Samuel, Bryan Edwards, and Hayden Hurst, and they're pretty good, and they have a half-decent stable of RB's led by Rico Dawdle. And Baby Bentley's big problem is he's pure pocket guy who doesn't/can't move the pocket and extend plays, but if you give him time he can stand and deliver down the field. So against weak defenses, anyhow, especially weak DL's, the Gamecocks are going to score points. They're also going to be active and aggressive on defense because that's Muschamp's nature, and again, teams with big boys up front are going to manhandle them but they will swarm and slow down teams that are not overly dominant up front.

NC State's DL will give them fits. After that I see 50/50 toss-ups against Mizzou, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Vandy. They should beat Louisiana Tech pretty convincingly at home. I don't see them beating Georgia or Florida if those teams are even close to as advertised but who knows how stuff will look in November? So we could be talking anywhere from 7-3 to maybe in a nightmare scenario 2-8 by that point, with smart money having them around .500 or so depending on injuries.

I am with you that stuff could line up in sinister fashion for them but it'd still take a lot for them to get blanked all the way through. Of course, the 'Champ did prove with Florida he's capable of putting some spectacularly bad seasons together, too, so there's that....

7-3?!?!

Aug 11, 2017, 2:42 PM

Not a chance in Hades. 0-10 stands a better chance than 7-3.

ANYTHING better than 6-6 will be a miracle for them***

Aug 11, 2017, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: USUC will be 0-10 when they play Wofford ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The only problem I have with this scenario

Aug 11, 2017, 2:38 PM

Is that Mushamp will get fired. I really want him there for a long time. But hey if he does get fired that will force their already indebted athletic department to buy out his contract and pay millions for somebody else. Hopefully they make another home run hire. I suggest Charlie Weis.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take off the orange glasses

Aug 11, 2017, 2:40 PM

If you would read FGF you would know they are going to go 15-0 and win the national championship this year.

Jake Bentley said so.

Aug 11, 2017, 2:50 PM

Lane Kiffen is ready when the Coots are.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah...they have the benefit of a fairly weak schedule...

Aug 11, 2017, 2:52 PM

and while they will still struggle to win six games, they will do a little better than 1-11.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah...they have the benefit of a fairly weak schedule...

Aug 11, 2017, 2:53 PM

yeah, difficult to go 0 and anything once you hit the weakest half of a conference in the country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously you guys haven't been to Cockytalk today

Aug 11, 2017, 2:57 PM

because if you had, you'd know that they are going to challenge for the SEC East this year. lol

I've said it before and I will say it again....

Aug 11, 2017, 3:03 PM

I will bet ANY of those deluded imbeciles ANY AMOUNT they're willing to lose that $CU will not win eight games or the $EC Least Championship.

Still no takers.

Not even clASSof09?***

Aug 11, 2017, 3:09 PM

Ole Clueless ...

Aug 11, 2017, 4:39 PM

has predicted 8 wins for $CU each of the last two seasons.

Maybe he has finally learned his lesson but somehow I doubt it.

Aug 11, 2017, 4:07 PM

My Coot brother says he thinks they win 7 . I asked him to show me on their schedule where those seven wins would take place .
He lost confidence after 3 ...and to be honest his 4th pick for a " sure win " was Vanderbilt and they are no longer a guaranteed victory when you're the USuC Gamecoots .

Yeah , I think they're a 4-8 , 5-7 team ....being optimistic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Your obviously forgetting one major intangible:

Aug 11, 2017, 4:29 PM

#### drills.

Re Then they will most certainly be

Aug 11, 2017, 4:43 PM

0-11

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive