Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Us NC State fans don't deserve this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

Us NC State fans don't deserve this

Nov 8, 2018, 11:45 PM

NO ONE deserves THIS.

Imagine being in sports purgatory your entire life. Every power 5 school has won a championship in something since our last basketball championship. I think South Carolina had a similar streaks but ours takes the cake.

We were fine losing to clemson every year and content losing on the road to cuse by giving up 50 or even losing everytime in winston salem.

we would have been delighted just to finish with wins over wake, louisville, unc and ecu. That would have been the highlight of all of our lives. We can't even have that much. Not even once.

So much squandered talent in every sport wash and repeat. It would feel better to just be bad every year at everything without the tease.

I wouldn't wish this fate on any fanbase. Not even UNC.

thoughts and prayers please

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

au contraire mon frere...

Nov 8, 2018, 11:55 PM

Not only do you deserve it, you invite it.

Congratulations on being North Carolina's version of the Fighting Phallus'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: au contraire mon frere...

Nov 8, 2018, 11:57 PM

It’s hard to feel sorry for such an arrogant bunch with a Gamec0ck trophy case.

Re: Us NC State fans don't deserve this

Nov 8, 2018, 11:58 PM

Tarholes don’t wish, they buy outcomes by paying lawyers.

Sorry for your loss

Nov 8, 2018, 11:58 PM

I was very surprised by that game. It looked like State was going to put together a good year. Then wa-wa-waaaaa.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:01 AM

Dang Dude the tune is different some 3-4 weeks later . It wasn’t too long ago you thought the Pups could beat Clemson.
We told you that your team and Coach sucked donkey D icks, you should have listened.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:06 AM

Totally deserved imho, Ive seen the way your “fan base” treats opposing fans at your stadium, it’s classless, and frankly I loved watching WF suck the life out of that place... classic.

You say that but was there any life to begin with?

Nov 9, 2018, 9:55 AM

Pine tree stadium was empty from the start.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 9, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Us NC State fans don't deserve this ]

Of course not all the fans are rude or classless but it was 2000 or 2001 I believe, my roommates car was keyed and both Clemson flags were broken off windows, that same day Clemson families were with they’re little ones and NC st fans were heckling us dropping all sorts cusses. It happened plenty since.

Every fan base has its bad apples, and like Greenwar says Karma is real, his wisdom comment at the end was kind of backhanded though. I tell ya, go around the country and Clemson is one of the most inviting fan bases out there.

You came to the wrong place for sympathy

Nov 9, 2018, 12:23 AM

Your team sucks, you coach sucks and your school sucks . Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The whining about a laptop did it for me.

Nov 9, 2018, 9:51 AM

As long as t-shirt is their coach, I hope NC State football loses every game they play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the city it is in sucks, the surrounding area sucks and did

Nov 9, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to You came to the wrong place for sympathy ]

we mention your fan base is without question, top level classless & they suck ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:24 AM

Hey my Norrh Carolina Brother, I love my Tigers, graduated HS in Fayetteville, and came on down to Tigerville, and never looked back. 49% of my High School Class opted to go to UNC and 49% opted for NC State. No one (1979) had heard of Clemson in my HS at that time, but I did have one assistant coach who was hired by CU that year as one of the assistants to an assistant coaches, so he was thrilled for me. Over the years, I have seen us go through what I thought were the worst of rebuilding years; losing to our state rival way too many times in a row and such for my taste. Saw years where the NCAA accused us of stupid infractions and penalized us for, on at least one occassion, for something that to this day, I know was a false accusation, but we had to take that punishment.

I have seen members of our own fan base embarrass me and our school at times; often taking comments or taking actions too far or even worse, putting down the team players or coaching staff to a point to where I was embarrassed to have them calling themselves Clemson Fans. And, God, the worst I see is when our Fans just stop going to games when we are in a rebuilding cycle.

My best of advice is to just remember to be that fan that every team wants backing them. Be that fan that continues to go to the games, to support the team in every way, and to concentrate on the positive points you guys have. All of our teams go through the rebuilding phases, and the in between periods are often painful, but stand tall for your team.

Lastly remember to try to encourage all of your fan base to be ready for the UNC Game - ya gotta help everyone past this year and get the team ready for that State Championship Game. I have friends, life long friends in some cases, and I well know how competitive that game always is, right?

I know you had fans that really talked nasty to us here on the boards, but I know not ALL NC State fans behaved that way. I know some here will tell ya you guys deserved it or will beat me up for being too kind, but I have some bit of Wisdom and I know what Karma can be like !

Message was edited by: Greenwar

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 1:29 AM

Well said

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 9, 2018, 6:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Us NC State fans don't deserve this ]

Great post and well said. Keep your head up NC State. any loss is tough but you got to shake it off and try again. Be al the great fan your team needs.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 49% of my HS Class to UNC and 49% to NC State

Nov 9, 2018, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Us NC State fans don't deserve this ]

You made some good points here, and I agree that some of our posters get pretty rude and nasty in their remarks to other fan bases. However, I have to question your introductory statements.

I'd like to know more about your high school if 98% of your class was able to enroll in 4 year universities. That's above most places' HS graduation rate.

And it's odd that people enrolling in ACC schools in the late 70's hadn't heard of another school that had been in the ACC the entire 25 years it had been in existence. When there were only 8 schools it wasn't that hard to keep up with not only the names of the schools, but the names of their football and basketball coaches and facilities.

Re: 49% of my HS Class to UNC and 49% to NC State

Nov 9, 2018, 9:38 AM

Sorry, I meant 49% of the 80% who were able to enroll. We're talking in state schools and the acceptance requirements were much lower back then. If u had a "D" average in HS, you could still get accepted, even with a low SAT Score.

Even I had not heard of CLEMSON then, Except for the Ohio St. Game with Hayes slapping our player. We all watched NFL and AFL then and only in state Schools were affordable for most. CU was Double that cost, even back then. Thank goodness Grandma helped. It cost 4k per semester - a LOT then. The world was not so over populated then and schools were begging students to come - never a "Wait List" and such like today. I came across CU while looking for a school near my Grandma (in Spartanburg) that had Astronomy classes and a Telescope; few did back then. I think Public education was in some ways better back then. No internet BTW...

Also, remember, NC was (and sorta still is) a Basketball State and none of us cared about ACC Football. So glad my blood now runneth Orange Now!

Nov 9, 2018, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Us NC State fans don't deserve this ]

Go back and look at the rest of this clown’s posts. He was the one coming here talking the most sh!t leading up to the game.

Nov 9, 2018, 9:40 AM

I know, but like most of our players. I am Christian and I refuse to step to his level - his previous comments were way out of line, but a Clemson Man has more Class than that ;)

Dang, that's a good high school if 98% made it to college***

Nov 9, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Us NC State fans don't deserve this ]

Nov 9, 2018, 12:55 AM

My advice to you--ask for a coaching change.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Deserve has got nothing to do with it..........***

Nov 9, 2018, 1:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deserve has got nothing to do with it..........***

Nov 9, 2018, 6:51 AM

+1 for the Unforgiven reference.

Nov 9, 2018, 1:25 AM

I don’t know about the fans deserving it, but your coach makes it really easy for every team to dislike him immensely. Of course if y’all were winning you wouldn’t care whether other people despise him

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Looking at your post history, here's my thoughts

Nov 9, 2018, 2:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 5:49 AM

Every school you play has the game with you circled. Why? Because of your coach and his staff. The guy is a jerk. I remember the days when NC State would take a Clemson Ford coached to the woodshed every year. You guys used to have our number. You need a coaching change. I have good friends that are NC State alums. I know you all are "good people" and deserve better. I hope you all give DD a few more years though. We owe him some more beat downs. We got him back for his comments from last year. We still need to repay the person on the sideline punch to DW4.

Nov 9, 2018, 6:49 AM

Read the Top of the Hill by Manie Robinson. It will ease your pain!

Message was edited by: tigersnake1954®

Nov 9, 2018, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Us NC State fans don't deserve this ]

Do we need to repay the OT that helped the Clemson fan schoolteacher over the Wall? After being injured twice? And injured again last night? I realize some fans get carried away and some coaches aren’t the best leaders but there is good everywhere. In this case “BigT” is a good young man that I continue to pull for.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:13 PM

The player helping the teacher over the wall was one of the best things in college football that I have read about this year. Ranks right up there with Bentley helping the Tennessee QB last year. Coach DD could learn something from that player.

Coaches are expected to lead by example. That is why Dabo apologized last season when he lost his cool. We are all human and make mistakes. It is how we all handle adversity that defines our character. When a coach proves to be a slime ball, I have no use for him. I like and respect most coaches in our conference. However, coach DD lost me several years ago. He is a dirtbag pure and simple. I do not Coach P at Louisville either. Theverdict is still out for Richt. The other ones seem to be decent guys running clean programs.

Nov 9, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Us NC State fans don't deserve this ]

Actually, Danny Ford's record against State while he was at Clemson was 6 and 5.
Not nearly as good as he did against most teams. But certainly not getting taken to
the woodshed every year.

Nov 9, 2018, 1:55 PM

Cannot just look at the win/loss record. After the 1987 game, I felt like my heart had been ripped out and stomped flat. Another one of the losses at NC State had me watching the game in disbelief. I believe there was a third one at Clemson that was our homecoming. Sheridan had a way of beating us when we were favored to win. They were definitely a worthy nemesis.

Nov 9, 2018, 6:00 AM

3 or so years ago I would’ve agreed, and felt sorry for you guys. I can’t feel sorry for anyone that thinks DD is remotely a likeable person. The icing on the cake was my first trip to Raleigh last year for the Clemson game. That experience with the Nancy St faithful, coupled with Dave’s comments and overall attitude the past few years, I’d say you are getting what you deserve and still have more coming.

Until next time ..... 41-7

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 6:08 AM

Lol, State is so overrated. You guys get what you deserve. I said before the season that state would take a step back defensively, you can't lose that many starters and expect to be AS good. Doeren is a dunce and as long as y'all have him, he will continue to coach an average team. Y'all aught to be used to it by now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 6:25 AM

DD is Forrest Gump"s Evil Twin...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 6:40 AM

You mean the 60 year old fans that cuss at visiting fans little kids(And even at their own players when they are losing)? Or the ones that spit and throw drinks on our players leaving the field? Or the ones that push an elderly opposing fan into a urinal in the bathroom while he does his business? Or the ones that come on our site and tell us how great they are and that we are "scared" of what y'all are building in Raleigh? Well then, yes. Y'all completely deserve what y'all are getting!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 6:55 AM

As a resident of NC and an engineer, I have a lot of Wolfpacker friends. I do feel bad for them. At one point in each season it looks like ya'll will take it to the next level, and then you don't. That step is a big one. I felt kinda like that in the Bowden years. Good luck.

You absolutely deserve it

Nov 9, 2018, 7:01 AM

And especially you. Don’t come here talking junk before the game, disappear after you get destroyed like we all said you would, then come back here after falling flat on your face against Wake asking for sympathy. Ain’t none of that here for you.

Re: You absolutely deserve it

Nov 9, 2018, 7:14 AM

I believe they said their wrs are better than ours. I saw so many drops last night that would have iced the game or made it out of reach. Harmon would be the only wr on our 3 deep

I remember that too

Nov 9, 2018, 7:22 AM

They do this every year. Talk themselves up despite not being that good and now they’re going to have an even steeper dropoff next year.

How about the WIDE open receiver who dropped the TD.

Nov 9, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: You absolutely deserve it ]

There must have been a LAPTOP on the Wake sideline!

My ex went to state and the fans are rude

Nov 9, 2018, 7:16 AM

Couldn't enjoy that loss more. Wake keeping ya'll from new Year's 6 bowl....lol

Wolfpacking***

Nov 9, 2018, 7:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wolfpacking***

Nov 9, 2018, 7:57 AM

^^ Ah - I just saw your tag you laid on NCSU. I could not figure out what to call them. I like "Wolfpacking".

Nov 9, 2018, 7:56 AM

When I worked in Charlotte, my boss was a "NCSTATEing" fan. That was when you lowlifes actually won a few games. I still detest that guy, your school, and your fans, and especially Dave Darn. No - you deserve everything that is getting rammed down your throat, so just choke on it.

And UNCheat fans nor Swofford need to come on our boards begging for mercy either, because we detest them too.

Nov 9, 2018, 7:56 AM

Are you sure that Wake didn't have a lap top on their sideline?

Deserves got nothing to do with it ...

Nov 9, 2018, 7:58 AM

https://goo.gl/images/3BZMLQ

you can always switch sides and become a Clemson Tiger

Nov 9, 2018, 8:03 AM

and enjoy what we are having. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, I guess all those TNetters WERE right,

Nov 9, 2018, 8:53 AM

Nancy State is the SCar of the ACC.

Straight from the puppy's mouth.

Sad, very, very sad.

Well you still have '83 and Coach V

Nov 9, 2018, 8:56 AM

One of the great sports stories of all time IMO. Of course you might not have been alive when that happened...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well you still have '83 and Coach V

Nov 9, 2018, 9:07 AM

Coach V had be pulling for his team. What an awesome story and likeable guy.

Re: Well you still have '83 and Coach V

Nov 9, 2018, 9:08 AM

Me
How do you edit on this site?

You have to be a donor***

Nov 9, 2018, 9:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 9:37 AM

When trying to impress, how about starting with proper English ?

I wallow in your misery.

Nov 9, 2018, 9:39 AM

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of miscreants.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

that's what happens when disrespecting the national anthem***

Nov 9, 2018, 9:43 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Actually, you DO deserve it. In spades. Because your

Nov 9, 2018, 11:42 AM

coach is a dewsh nozzle and your fans bathe in it.

Screw Calford.

Don't forget ... UNC got away with decades of blatant cheat

Nov 9, 2018, 12:07 PM

ing ... not even a scratch.

That's got to smart.

This should help you get thru this trying day...

Nov 9, 2018, 12:22 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxauqa7rJgI

Below me, wuffie!!!

~JKB

Re: This should help you get thru this trying day...

Nov 9, 2018, 12:45 PM
Sad Song.jpg(122.3 K)

or this.

Nov 9, 2018, 1:02 PM

I mean, you can always become a Clemson fan...

And there was so much hope and so many dreams.***

Nov 9, 2018, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic